THE BULLS!

ECURB

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a true Celtics fan, and I also think Noah is a loathesome, ugly piece of dog manure, but I must admit I like what the Bulls are doing. 1) they have the best player in the NBA and his name is not Wade, King, Anthony or Bryant. 2) They emphasize defense. 3) They did not buy their way into frey. They built a T-E-A-M.

I'm a true Celtics fan, and I also think Noah is a loathesome, ugly piece of dog manure, but I must admit I like what the Bulls are doing. 1) they have the best player in the NBA and his name is not Wade, King, Anthony or Bryant. 2) They emphasize defense. 3) They did not buy their way into frey. They built a T-E-A-M.

1. D. Rose is not the best player in the NBA.

2. Their coach has done a fantastic job empahsizing defense, and the players are playing with the desire necessary to shut down oppenents. THIS IS THE BIGGEST REASON FOR THEIR SUCCESS.

3. They had a 1.7% chance to win the the NBA Loterry and they won. The Bulls became the team with the lowest chance of winning to ever win the lottery. You make it seem like they did their homework, only choosing to build through the draft ,when the fact is their raffle ticket number was called propelling them back to respectability. They are VERY, VERY Lucky to have Rose. And just this offseason they were wining and dining Wade trying to lure him to Chicago.

1) they have the best player in the NBA and his name is not Wade, King, Anthony or Bryant.

566260-bernard_king_large.jpg

?

3. They had a 1.7% chance to win the the NBA Loterry and they won. The Bulls became the team with the lowest chance of winning to ever win the lottery. You make it seem like they did their homework, only choosing to build through the draft ,when the fact is their raffle ticket number was called propelling them back to respectability. They are VERY, VERY Lucky to have Rose.

Ding ding ding.

3. They had a 1.7% chance to win the the NBA Loterry and they won. The Bulls became the team with the lowest chance of winning to ever win the lottery. You make it seem like they did their homework, only choosing to build through the draft ,when the fact is their raffle ticket number was called propelling them back to respectability. They are VERY, VERY Lucky to have Rose. And just this offseason they were wining and dining Wade trying to lure him to Chicago.

Harumph harumph.

So because the Bulls got lucky (losing seasons are always lucky) and got a #1 pick none of this counts?

You guys are awful at making excuses...

How many titles did the Cavs win with lebron? Blazers with Oden?

You must be joking... Rose did not make the Bulls good... tons of moves (some risky) did... it took a lot of work to build this team.

Oh and just so you will STFU about the #1 pick...

Rose - 0 Titles

Oden - 0 Titles

Bargnani - 0 Titles

Bogut - 0 Titles

Howard - 0 Titles

Lebron - 0 Titles

Ming - 0 Titles

Brown - 0 Titles

Martin - 0 Titles

Brand - 0 Titles

Olowakandi - 0 Titles

Duncan - That is right folks... Tim F'ing Duncan was the last #1 pick to win a title...

So cut the sh*t and stop talking out of your a$$.

So because the Bulls got lucky (losing seasons are always lucky) and got a #1 pick none of this counts?

You must be joking... Rose did not make the Bulls good... tons of moves (some risky) did... it took a lot of work to build this team.

Rose - 0 Titles

Oden - 0 Titles

Bargnani - 0 Titles

Bogut - 0 Titles

Howard - 0 Titles

Lebron - 0 Titles

Ming - 0 Titles

Brown - 0 Titles

Martin - 0 Titles

Brand - 0 Titles

Olowakandi - 0 Titles

Duncan - That is right folks... Tim F'ing Duncan was the last #1 pick to win a title...

The Bulls were lucky, Rose makes that team, he makes a bunch of average guys good...remove him and they dont even make the playoffs.

The Bulls were lucky, Rose makes that team, he makes a bunch of average guys good...remove him and they dont even make the playoffs.

The Bulls were lucky to get the #1 pick? really? How has that worked out for the last 10+ years? How many titles won?

The Bulls have built a team with a nasty defense and a bench full of players better than the Heat's #4 and 5 starters.

Remove Drose and they are still a playoff team, Drose makes them a contender. Nothing lucky about it though... they built the team this way and it took a lot of work to make Drose a leader.

The Bulls were lucky to get the #1 pick? really? How has that worked out for the last 10+ years? How many titles won?

The Bulls have built a team with a nasty defense and a bench full of players better than the Heat's #4 and 5 starters.

Remove Drose and they are still a playoff team, Drose makes them a contender. Nothing lucky about it though... they built the team this way and it took a lot of work to make Drose a leader.

No Rose = No playoffs

Rose - 0 Titles

Oden - 0 Titles

Bargnani - 0 Titles

Bogut - 0 Titles

Howard - 0 Titles

Lebron - 0 Titles

Ming - 0 Titles

Brown - 0 Titles

Martin - 0 Titles

Brand - 0 Titles

Olowakandi - 0 Titles

No one said a #1 pick guarantees you a title. But winning a lottery pick and getting a Lebron, Howard or Rose can certainly put you contention to win one. And what other moves made this team soooooo good. Drafting Larmarcus Aldridge and trading him for Tyrus Thomas? Noah and Deng were the only other solid picks.Bottomline, ya got lucky.

No one said a #1 pick guarantees you a title. But winning a lottery pick and getting a Lebron, Howard or Rose can certainly put you contention to win one. And what other moves made this team soooooo good. Drafting Larmarcus Aldridge and trading him for Tyrus Thomas? Noah and Deng were the only other solid picks.Bottomline, ya got lucky.

Taj Gibson is nasty, you just don't watch Bulls games. Asik would be a starting center on many teams already and is going to make things interesting with Noah next year... they went out and got Korver/Brewer/Watson/Boozer/Thomas... the Heat would dream of having those 4...

Deng is one of the most under-rated players in the league... his defense is top 5 and his offense is way above average...

Rose

Deng

Noah

3 Starters all drafted by the Bulls

Boozer

Bogans

2 Starters picked up to fit the teams needs

Taj

Asik

2 Great Bench players drafted by the Bulls

Brewer

Korver

Thomas

Watson

Butler

Scalabrine

6 Bench players all brought in with a purpose

Most of all... Coach Thibs

The Bulls have been methodical in building a team, sure they have made mistakes in years past but they kept trying and were not scared to shake it up THAT is why they are winning.

You know it's gonna be an entertaining day when someone starts throwing out Michael Olowokandi references just to try and prove a point.

They were lucky to have the right to draft him... :huh:

The Bulls have been methodical in building a team, sure they have made mistakes in years past but they kept trying and were not scared to shake it up THAT is why they are winning.

Are you actually implying that John Paxson spent the better part of a decade constructing the Second Banana All-Stars because somehow he knew he'd eventually beat 98+% odds to land a franchise player?

Oh, and RE shaking it up: are you referring to the time Paxson didn't pull the trigger on KG, or the time he didn't pull the trigger on Kobe?

Are you actually implying that John Paxson spent the better part of a decade constructing the Second Banana All-Stars because somehow he knew he'd eventually beat 98+% odds to land a franchise player?

Whoa wait... so after Jordan leaves... Pax keeps the Bulls in the top 10 teams in the East by getting them in the playoffs with only a few bad years mixed in and that is bad?

The reason Rose has had such great success is not strictly because of his talent... great talents go to waste all the time.

Whoa wait... so after Jordan leaves... Pax keeps the Bulls in the top 10 teams in the East by getting them in the playoffs with only a few bad years mixed in and that is bad?

The reason Rose has had such great success is not strictly because of his talent... great talents go to waste all the time.

The reason Rose has had such great success is because Paxson spent all his picks on professionally competent, high-character players who lacked the talent to carry a team. If you want to praise him for inadvertently constructing a team perfectly suited to the skills of a guy he had a 1.7% chance of drafting, be my guest.

Oh, and RE shaking it up: are you referring to the time Paxson didn't pull the trigger on KG, or the time he didn't pull the trigger on Kobe?

They wanted Kobe BAD... Kobe bailed out...

I am talking about trading/letting go Elton Brand.... Ron Artest.... Jamal Crawford... Tyson Chandler.... Tyrus Thomas.... Eddie Curry (ahahahaha knicks) Ben Gordon... Nocioni... Duhon... Sefolosha... James Johnson...

Almost if not all of those guys (Except Curry lol Knicks) are starters or get serious minutes...

Lower level teams hang on to those guys like gold... the Bulls kept searching for the right combo...

Same with coaches... Thibs is a HUGE part of Drose and the Bulls success... Skiles and DelNegro do not have this team creeping over 50 wins...

The reason Rose has had such great success is because Paxson spent all his picks on professionally competent, high-character players who lacked the talent to carry a team. If you want to praise him for inadvertently constructing a team perfectly suited to the skills of a guy he had a 1.7% chance of drafting, be my guest.

They wanted to land a FA... Rose was just a change in plans.

They wanted Kobe BAD... Kobe bailed out...

I am talking about trading/letting go Elton Brand.... Ron Artest.... Jamal Crawford... Tyson Chandler.... Tyrus Thomas.... Eddie Curry (ahahahaha knicks) Ben Gordon... Nocioni... Duhon... Sefolosha... James Johnson...

Almost if not all of those guys (Except Curry lol Knicks) are starters or get serious minutes...

Lower level teams hang on to those guys like gold... the Bulls kept searching for the right combo...

Same with coaches... Thibs is a HUGE part of Drose and the Bulls success... Skiles and DelNegro do not have this team creeping over 50 wins...

So he gets all the credit for taking out the trash, but none of the blame for bringing it into the house in the first place? Congrats. You're a Chicago fan through and through.

"My team is successful, therefore I obviously know more about sports than you" is the best meme in fandom. Talking basketball with Ecurb is like talking football with Garb.

The Bulls have had what... 5 bad seasons in 20 years? In recent history they have been an over achieving low level playoff team... still better than the Knicks or Nets can claim really... and now they are a top team... the best really... damn right I am wearing the goggles.

"My team is successful, therefore I obviously know more about sports than you" is the best meme in fandom. Talking basketball with Ecurb is like talking football with Garb.

I just love that the notion of luck not playing a huge factor in a system labeled The Lottery is being legitimately argued. As if the very thought that such shenanigans somehow takes anything away from their success. There's not a Spurs fan out there who wouldn't smile and say thanks to the man upstairs for the break they caught.

Let's not forget to give Pax credit for turning the Knicks gift of LaMarcus Aldridge into Tyrus Thomas and Viktor Khryapa or for giving Ben Wallace a max contract.

Mistakes happen, he always seems to learn from them and that is key.

Archived