Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 points and 20 assists

AFTER Rondo just had a 30 point and 7 assist game

lmao @ the rondo haters on here. this is comedic gold

Against 1 good player, one hurt player and a D league lineup. The celtics are getting DESTROYED the second they face a team other than the knicks. Then we can go back to talking about about how they are old and done and their window has closed.

actually if you looked at Rondo's playoff stats (14 pts 8 assists and 6 rebounds per game) I think it'd hint more toward Rondo being on point tonight

Remember in the 2008 playoffs where Rondo averaged 16 points and over 9 assists and rebounds a game in 14 games? WITHOUT Kevin GArnett mind you.

keep hating though....it makes me laugh :D if you actually gave Rondo respect I may be bored :D

I think you have to start plays before you can finish them. They were horrific on defense tonight. They looked like a high school team out there on defense.

And one of the few solid defensive players (Jeffries) has high school talent on offense. I just hope he doesn't turn the ball over when they pass it to him. It seems everyone on the team is a complete liability on one side of the court.

Dumping D'antoni would be no great loss. Pretty clear what ever success he had in Phoenix had more to do with Steve Nash's prime than anything this guys brings to the table.

Dumping Walsh, or not allowing him to phase himself out and hire either Houston or Mullin as his heir, would be a debacle. And it's inevitable.Isiah is comin' to town!

Celtics in 4. They will score 110+ every game.

Got a detail about the score wrong. but....

D'atoni's 5 on the floor at the start of the 4th was an embarrassment, only topped by his pathetic happytalk nonsense press conference. It's one thing to lose Stoudamire to injury, quite another to put almost no fire into your lineup, and to play a D league lineup at that. Get Rautins out there already!

Contrast with a guy in a very similar situation in the same building, John Tortarella. Tortarella is dying and furious right along there with his team's fans.These losses are killing him because since he has been to the top he knows it's a lost opportunity, even without Callahan. D'antoni sounds like a guy who is simply happy to be here.

Still don't see how anyone thought this series was going to possibly be even close. We're a team of D-leaguers. Rondo is meh, I'm sorry but going gaga over 785 assists against guys who couldn't even make half the rosters in the league, to me, shows how desperate Boston fans are to put Rondo on someone like Paul's level. He isn't. The Knicks, for the most part, suck. Rondo is a good distributor who helps great players stay great. No more, no less. There's no need to get defensive about that.

When Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams are playing over 30 minutes in a Game 3 where you've already dropped the first 2, you've already lost. They shot 43% from the field and 45% from the arc. Not terrible. The players just aren't there. They're one step ahead of the game in that they're able to build around superstars, rather than being forced to find superstars first, but we're in desperate need of a new coach and I'm just going to say it, a new GM.

Still don't see how anyone thought this series was going to possibly be even close. We're a team of D-leaguers. Rondo is meh, I'm sorry but going gaga over 785 assists against guys who couldn't even make half the rosters in the league, to me, shows how desperate Boston fans are to put Rondo on someone like Paul's level. He isn't. The Knicks, for the most part, suck. Rondo is a good distributor who helps great players stay great. No more, no less. There's no need to get defensive about that.

When Jared Jeffries and Shawne Williams are playing over 30 minutes in a Game 3 where you've already dropped the first 2, you've already lost. They shot 43% from the field and 45% from the arc. Not terrible. The players just aren't there. They're one step ahead of the game in that they're able to build around superstars, rather than being forced to find superstars first, but we're in desperate need of a new coach and I'm just going to say it, a new GM.

I'm split on Walsh. He did get the team under the cap and bring Amare here and while they gave up too much for Melo that was a Dolan driven deal. I think Walsh could fill out a roster with good role players which is what they have to do in the offseason.

Rondo is meh, I'm sorry but going gaga over 785 assists against guys who couldn't even make half the rosters in the league, to me, shows how desperate Boston fans are to put Rondo on someone like Paul's level. He isn't.

Rondo has played over 60 playoff games and averages 8.5 assists.

The year KG was out Rondo averaged 16 PPG, 9.7 assists and over 9 rebounds a game in 14 playoff games.

keep spinning, it makes me laugh more

Rondo has played over 60 playoff games and averages 8.5 assists.

The year KG was out Rondo averaged 16 PPG, 9.7 assists and over 9 rebounds a game in 14 playoff games.

keep spinning, it makes me laugh more

Playing in a lot of playoff games in the NBA is nothing special. Half the friggin league makes the playoffs every year. Stop spitting out stupid stats that prove nothing.

I'm split on Walsh. He did get the team under the cap and bring Amare here and while they gave up too much for Melo that was a Dolan driven deal. I think Walsh could fill out a roster with good role players which is what they have to do in the offseason.

I don't trust that he's able to land Paul. Period. That's my problem with him. He bombed on Lebron and for the most part, almost did with Melo too. Thanks for clearing the cap but it's time to move on.

Archived