Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

You are the worst argument person ever.

I dont know why you even try. We should all do this forum a favor and put Ecurb, Blackout and Falcon on ignore. They keep calling everyone cry babies, sour grapes, get over it etc, as if this isnt a place that people come to talk/debate about the game. Thats why him, Ecurb and Blackout are worthless. You cant have an objective conversation with them because everyone is crybaby and THEIR team is sooooo much better.

Funny thing is, we've all admitted that the Knicks let one slip away. And the sad part is, they are such ignorant snot nosed pricks, that they cant even admit that it was an awful call, that shouldnt have been called, that completely changed the outcome of the game. As bad as the Knicks played in the 2nd half, they still out played them. Up 1, with the ball, who knows what would have happened if the call wasnt made. But they cant think like that, so it useless to argue.

Dumb **** Falcon actually thinks the Celts deserved to win and that they are a good team. If it takes a horse sh*t call to beat the Knicks at home when they played awful in the 2nd half, HIS team, isnt very good. But shame on us for coming in here to talk about the game and a horse sh*t called that changed the outcome, no matter how bad the Knicks played down the stretch.

Game 1 of a 7 game series...its not over. Hopefully the Basketball Gods pay the Knicks back a little dividends...but they need to do their part too.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pierce, Allen and KG are all first ballot Hall of Famers. Is it really that difficult a concept for Celtics fans that their point guard, who might as well try and start shooting lefty, isnt as good as you make him out to be?

Rondo isnt that good. It really isnt that big of a deal.

Rondo is a great navigator, director, etc....but he can't shoot worth a lick. This is not breaking news. Still, he is an integral part of the Celtics success. As Rondo goes, so do the Celtics.

Speaking of Celtics...(worst segue ever):

I work and live in the same town that the Celtics practice facility is in. I went home for lunch today. On my way back to work, I cut off a driver...meh, I'm a massh*le driver...anyway, the person I cut off was Danny Ainge. Seeing that I am not a fan of his right now....I started to laugh. Screw Danny.

I once ran over Ricky Davis with a shopping cart at the local grocery store. No, it was not on purpose. :)

I see Big Baby around town. Used to see Perk too.

My friend sent me this link, which only served to aggravate me, because it shows that it was more egregious than I remembered it in real-time. If you're going to call that ticky-tack off-ball foul, then you have to call a hip check that would make Bobby Orr proud.

******* disgusting.

My friend sent me this link, which only served to aggravate me, because it shows that it was more egregious than I remembered it in real-time. If you're going to call that ticky-tack off-ball foul, then you have to call a hip check that would make Bobby Orr proud.

my JV high school coach put us through a 45 minute drill on screens weekly and that one would have been a nice one

just get around the screen

Rondo is a great navigator, director, etc....but he can't shoot worth a lick. This is not breaking news. Still, he is an integral part of the Celtics success. As Rondo goes, so do the Celtics.

Speaking of Celtics. I work and live in the same town that the Celtics practice facility is in. I went home for lunch today. On my way back to work, I cut off a driver...meh, I'm a massh*le driver...anyway, the person I cut off was Danny Ainge. Seeing that I am not a fan of his right now....I started to laugh. Screw Danny.

I once ran over Ricky Davis with a shopping cart at the local grocery store. No, it was not on purpose. :)

No one overrates players as "integral parts of the team success" or "we go as he goes" better than Boston fans. Welker, Pedrioa, Rondo. Boston fans LOVE hyperbole.

I dont know why you even try. We should all do this forum a favor and put Ecurb, Blackout and Falcon on ignore. They keep calling everyone cry babies, sour grapes, get over it etc, as if this isnt a place that people come to talk/debate about the game. Thats why him, Ecurb and Blackout are worthless. You cant have an objective conversation with them because everyone is crybaby and THEIR team is sooooo much better.

Funny thing is, we've all admitted that the Knicks let one slip away. And the sad part is, they are such ignorant snot nosed pricks, that they cant even admit that it was an awful call, that shouldnt have been called, that completely changed the outcome of the game. As bad as the Knicks played in the 2nd half, they still out played them. Up 1, with the ball, who knows what would have happened if the call wasnt made. But they cant think like that, so it useless to argue.

Dumb **** Falcon actually thinks the Celts deserved to win and that they are a good team. If it takes a horse sh*t call to beat the Knicks at home when they played awful in the 2nd half, HIS team, isnt very good. But shame on us for coming in here to talk about the game and a horse sh*t called that changed the outcome, no matter how bad the Knicks played down the stretch.

Game 1 of a 7 game series...its not over. Hopefully the Basketball Gods pay the Knicks back a little dividends...but they need to do their part too.

Whatever, sore loser crybaby. Take you and your sour grapes elsewhere.

Speaking of Celtics...(worst segue ever):

I work and live in the same town that the Celtics practice facility is in. I went home for lunch today. On my way back to work, I cut off a driver...meh, I'm a massh*le driver...anyway, the person I cut off was Danny Ainge. Seeing that I am not a fan of his right now....I started to laugh. Screw Danny.

And you call me the name dropper....ha!

Whatever, sore loser crybaby. Take you and your sour grapes elsewhere.

Your brains are dumb.

No one overrates players as "integral parts of the team success" or "we go as he goes" better than Boston fans. Welker, Pedrioa, Rondo. Boston fans LOVE hyperbole.

Rondo has been playing like poop lately - well, since he lost his binky, Perk. Coicidently, the Celts have been pretty freakin' cold since Rondo went cold. That's not over-rating him, it's just a fact. It's as if the big three need someone to direct them through the traffic. Rondo is the Celtics GPS although not the most reliable GPS system lately. His back-ups are more like the old fashioned folded map.

Anyway, as a Knicks fan I would assume you understand the importance of the point guard position.

my JV high school coach put us through a 45 minute drill on screens weekly and that one would have been a nice one

just get around the screen

The point is, it's hard to get around a screen when the guy lunges directly into you. That's like telling a guy with a rolled ankle to watch where he lands after Bruce Bowen had stuck his foot under him.

C'mon man, I know you played ball. Don't tell me you really don't think that a) was legal and b) had no impact on the play.

And you call me the name dropper....ha!

My brush with the beautiful people doesn't even come close to your celebrity stories. Shoot, wasn't it you that bragged about playing a game of pick-up basketball with Dwight Howard, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Slater and Eurkle?

My brush with the beautiful people doesn't even come close to your celebrity stories. Shoot, wasn't it you that bragged about playing a game of pick-up basketball with Dwight Howard, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Slater and Eurkle?

No...that wasnt me. I played a bunch of NBA talent when I was in High School and AAU. Vince Carter, Marquis Daniels and Tracy McGrady. Just missed playing Amare. I played a bunch of D1'ers too.

Zing!

Watched the game again. Officiating was fine, Melo was dogsh*t. This is turning into Isiah redux real fast.

They were a bad call away from winning their first playoff game in 10 years. The Zeke talk is a bit premature.

But yeah, Melo takes some bad shots. Problem is(or good thing is) they go in a lot too.

hey smart guy, Rondo lead the playoffs in assists 2 years ago DESPITE ONLY PLAYING 2 OF 4 SERIES

nice try though

And your point? He still did not lead the league on a per game basis. He never has and probably never will. I dont get why people cant accept that. Rondo is a good player and a perfect fit for the team. He brings youth, legs, and athleticism to a pretty old team. His ability to penetrate keeps things open for Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. I dont think its far different though than when people would say Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups were great PGs. They werent. They were good PGs in great situations for their skillsets. The Celtics are a tremendously contructed team, but when they decide or are forced to break things apart they are not going to build the franchise around Rajon Rondo as the centerpiece.

But yeah, Melo takes some bad shots. Problem is(or good thing is) they go in a lot too.

Yes. A lot. As in, almost enough to justify taking them in the first place. On a good night. Melo is refried pigsh*t and the Knicks are probably going to be completely terrible for the duration of his tenure. This is really, really depressing.

The point is, it's hard to get around a screen when the guy lunges directly into you. That's like telling a guy with a rolled ankle to watch where he lands after Bruce Bowen had stuck his foot under him.

C'mon man, I know you played ball. Don't tell me you really don't think that a) was legal and b) had no impact on the play.

as I watched that what jumped out at me was the awkward switch, douglas running with his head turned backwards, and poor turiaf having to jump out at ray allen trying to protect a 1 point lead. he can't foul him, (mortal sin) can't over commit and give up a drive, so he is stuck in no mans land and tries to contest the jumper, and as ray allen said in the press conference, sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't.

but I'm a caveman. in pick up games with call your own rules, I would never call a foul, even if I saw stars, my team mates would get mad. I figured I should be able to score anyway. I blame it all on the JV coach. I was a tall skinny kid, and when he saw my wingspan he knew if he could make me tough we could win a lot of games. I never got a call in practice, and it just stuck with me, even to this day.

a moving pick is illegal yes, and it had an impact of course, but I had it drilled into my herd constantly that you have to beat the other team and the refs, and that's just how it goes sometimes

on to the bright side !!!!

mar'e is a beast and the pups are getting good experience. what kills me is that game was the one that the knicks needed to steal on the road, the celtics were flat and cold. I'm expecting the knicks to lose by double digits in game 2, but to win game 3

then we'll see what happens

and for the record Rondo has more titles than Ewing, Starks, Houston, Amare and Carmelo combined :D

and to be honest he has done better in the playoffs than any of those other guys

I know you have, but saying something like this makes me wonder if you've actually watched basketball prior to the last couple years. Have you seen what Amar'e has actually done in the playoffs?? Hell, did you see his last game where he had a 40+ PER?? Rondo has been good in the playoffs, but he is nowhere near the echelon that Amar'e is one when it comes to dominating in the playoffs.

Archived