Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

Yes. A lot. As in, almost enough to justify taking them in the first place. On a good night. Melo is refried pigsh*t and the Knicks are probably going to be completely terrible for the duration of his tenure. This is really, really depressing.

Refresh my memory, but weren't you stumping for this deal to go down since the rumors started? Did you not know then what you'd be getting in Melo?

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as I watched that what jumped out at me was the awkward switch, douglas running with his head turned backwards, and poor turiaf having to jump out at ray allen trying to protect a 1 point lead. he can't foul him, (mortal sin) can't over commit and give up a drive, so he is stuck in no mans land and tries to contest the jumper, and as ray allen said in the press conference, sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't.

but I'm a caveman. in pick up games with call your own rules, I would never call a foul, even if I saw stars, my team mates would get mad. I figured I should be able to score anyway. I blame it all on the JV coach. I was a tall skinny kid, and when he saw my wingspan he knew if he could make me tough we could win a lot of games. I never got a call in practice, and it just stuck with me, even to this day.

a moving pick is illegal yes, and it had an impact of course, but I had it drilled into my herd constantly that you have to beat the other team and the refs, and that's just how it goes sometimes

I can appreciate that, as I'm the same way for the most part, but we're not talking about a pickup gameor a JV practice here.

First off, that's not even Mount Union's logo/colors. Secondly, you can laugh at the name all you want, but I bet you my team wins 4 championships in the next 4 years, 4 more than 99% of people here have.

So now you only care about the team's accomplishments? Refresh my memory about your high school record.

Refresh my memory, but weren't you stumping for this deal to go down since the rumors started? Did you not know then what you'd be getting in Melo?

Yes and yes. I still think the trade was a necessary evil.

So now you only care about the team's accomplishments? Refresh my memory about your high school record.

Yeah, I know my high school team sucked...and it sucked, but I wasn't gonna transfer or anything...but when it comes down to it, the only thing that matters is winning. I mean, I grew up in New England. Sports are VERY important up there (EVERY kid plays at least 2 sports), and I came from programs that almost never lost (the only time I had ever lost in New England was the 2nd round of the playoffs in football in 2004). Then, when I got to high school, everything changed. We NEVER won, EVER. I consider myself a dedicated person, so I wasn't just gonna transfer and leave my teammates out to dry, but losing that much really kills you inside. At MU, they have a proven track record of winning, and if I work hard enough, I can contribute. So yeah, it's always been just about winning, just on my high school team, we couldn't win.

Can you imagine what Jeffries would have done with that bullet he threw to Gray down low?

That was one if the greatest passes I've ever seen. The only other 1 I've witnessed in my lifetime capable of a pass like that, (Stockton and Zeke included) is Kidd. You simply can not play the position any better than he does, it's impossible.

Soooooo, I think not having Chauncey makes the Knicks a little more dangerous because every play will now go through Carmelo who might go Alpha Dog on the Celtics tonight. Hopefully, most of his 30 shots go in. I think he defers a little bit to Billups when he's on the floor. Tonight? Fuhgeddaboutit. He's going to try and embarrass Paul Pierce.

Soooooo, I think not having Chauncey makes the Knicks a little more dangerous because every play will now go through Carmelo who might go Alpha Dog on the Celtics tonight. Hopefully, most of his 30 shots go in. I think he defers a little bit to Billups when he's on the floor. Tonight? Fuhgeddaboutit. He's going to try and embarrass Paul Pierce.

More "bully ball", less chucking.

More "bully ball", less chucking.

Exactly. The defense kept them close last game, anyway. They can still sag off the immortal Rajon Rondo and keep the Celtics from scoring a million points, so it's on the offense, and if Carmelo goes off while still getting Amar'e involved, the Knicks could be in good shape.

The funny thing is he had exactly 30 shots, I think.

Archived