Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

Playing PF in the NBA isn't like fist-pumping at the club. I've been fortunate enough to never experience back spasms, but I've been told that they can be quite debilitating. The fact that they come out of nowhere, as opposed to a pain that is more constant - ie. a sprained ankle - is what makes it difficult to play through.

I've had them. It's like someone intermittently jabs a cattle prod into your lower spine and you seize up. Brutal.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trying at all man. I'd be pissed if we were playing Boston and Lebron or Wade left with anything less than a broken something. Regular I would understand, but this is the playoffs. Legends are born from playing through injuries in critical games.

As has been pointed out those back spasms could be brutal.

Playing PF in the NBA isn't like fist-pumping at the club. I've been fortunate enough to never experience back spasms, but I've been told that they can be quite debilitating. The fact that they come out of nowhere, as opposed to a pain that is more constant - ie. a sprained ankle - is what makes it difficult to play through.

Yes I am Italian, Tan and Jacked, but not a fist pumper.lol. I guess it just depends on the players threshold for pain.. I've seen players hurt get back out there and play. I though there was no way he was going to not return last night....i'm a little stunned.

P.S. I've seen my fellow guido patrons fist pump through tennis elbow, back spasms and migranes.

Yes I am Italian, Tan and Jacked, but not a fist pumper.lol. I guess it just depends on the players threshold of pain.. I've seen players hurt get back out there and play. I though there was no way he was going to not return last night....i'm a little stunned.

Oh god, a f*cking guido......

But yeah, I had back spasms last year...sucks BADLY, especially driving in the car for hours on bumpy roads, so I couldn't lay down.

As much as it kills me to point it out, Johnny Hector's been on a friggin' role lately. :D

Watching the Knicks and Melo makes me so glad the Bulls did not land Melo... he is a selfish fool who cares only about getting off a nice shot nothing else.

Weird. Another post proving Ecurb knows nothing about Basketball.

Why am I surprised?

And actually, even with 0.6 seconds, they STILL didn't foul, they barely even touched him, but the refs called it to give NY a chance...so I can't see how anybody can say the refs decided the game, as they actually gave the Knicks a chance to tie it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Hands down the best post delivered all season long in the forum.

Congrats.

What, you want us dead along with the black gangstas?!?!? lol

No, but (obviously I don't know you, so I'm not saying you in particular) these "guidos" walk around thinking they're hot sh*t all the time and have these big a$$ egos thinking they're better than everyone else, while really, everyone just thinks they're fags who wear tight, deep v shirts. I just hate that attitude most carry around, and I just wanna beat the sh*t outta them.

Yes I am Italian, Tan and Jacked, but not a fist pumper.lol. I guess it just depends on the players threshold for pain.. I've seen players hurt get back out there and play. I though there was no way he was going to not return last night....i'm a little stunned.

P.S. I've seen my fellow guido patrons fist pump through tennis elbow, back spasms and migranes.

It's not a pain management issue, though. Spasms literally stop you from being able to use your body for minutes at a time, specifically your legs. I'm a 235 lb. slab of wrought-iron with a chiseled physique and a pain tolerance that would make Rambo look like Nancy Kerrigan, and even I was stymied by back spasms.

No, but (obviously I don't know you, so I'm not saying you in particular) these "guidos" walk around thinking they're hot sh*t all the time and have these big a$ egos thinking they're better than everyone else, while really, everyone just thinks they're fags who wear tight, deep v shirts. I just hate that attitude most carry around, and I just wanna beat the sh*t outta them.

Wow. I hope there aren't eye-ties on the MU team.

No, but (obviously I don't know you, so I'm not saying you in particular) these "guidos" walk around thinking they're hot sh*t all the time and have these big a$ egos thinking they're better than everyone else, while really, everyone just thinks they're fags who wear tight, deep v shirts. I just hate that attitude most carry around, and I just wanna beat the sh*t outta them.

Seriously. That's almost as bad as guys who think they have some intimate knowledge of the game because they were accepted to a university with a DIII football program, for which they will end up on the scout team as a tackling dummy.

No, but (obviously I don't know you, so I'm not saying you in particular) these "guidos" walk around thinking they're hot sh*t all the time and have these big a$$ egos thinking they're better than everyone else, while really, everyone just thinks they're fags who wear tight, deep v shirts. I just hate that attitude most carry around, and I just wanna beat the sh*t outta them.

Thats right son! You don't know me! WHAT!!! WHAT!!! (In my black gangsta voice)

Seriously. That's almost as bad as guys who think they have some intimate knowledge of the game because they were accepted to a university with a DIII football program, for which they will end up on the scout team as a tackling dummy.

That's your opinion...

And what have you done to warrant any claim that you have any knowledge of the game?

Yo Falco, what kind of music do you listen to out of curiosity? Rock,Rap,Techno?

Classic Rock and Rap/Hip-Hop. Favorite band is AC/DC, favorite rapper gotta be Eminem. I was listening to him way back before most people were (or at least where I lived)...

favorite rapper gotta be Eminem.

Let me guess your second favorite... probably either House of Pain, Snow, or 3rd Bass.

I was listening to him way back before most people were (or at least where I lived)...

Unless where you lived was under a rock, you had to be what, 6 or 7 years old at the time?

Let me guess your second favorite... probably either House of Pain, Snow, or 3rd Bass.

Unless where you lived was under a rock, you had to be what, 6 or 7 years old at the time?

More like 10, but what does age have to do with anything? And no, my second favorite is Lil' Jon, smartass. I'm not a skinhead like you probably are.

Ok Knickerbocker fans. Reports coming out of FAN radio station that Amare injured his back during pre game warm ups performing circus dunks. Supposedly he was showing off to Boston fans that were watching warm ups. Now are you pissed? lol

just got a link http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/knicks-stoudemire-says-he-will-be-ready-to-go-in-game-3/

Ok Knickerbocker fans. Reports coming out of FAN radio station that Amare injured his back during pre game warm ups performing circus dunks. Supposedly he was showing off to Boston fans that were watching warm ups. Now are you pissed? lol

just got a link http://probasketball...o-go-in-game-3/

He always dunks during warmups. The link doesn't say anything about showboating.

He always dunks during warmups. The link doesn't say anything about showboating.

FAN radio station mentioned how he decided to reach with his left hand to try and touch the top of backboard while dunking with his right hand and instantly reached for his back when he came down and needed to be looked at.

FAN radio station mentioned how he decided to reach with his left hand to try and touch the top of backboard while dunking with his right hand and instantly reached for his back when he came down and needed to be looked at.

I'm not disputing that it happened, just that the link you provided as apparent proof didn't mention anything out of the ordinary.

Archived