Knicks vs Celtics playoff series thread

Blackout

I don't trust that he's able to land Paul. Period. That's my problem with him. He bombed on Lebron and for the most part, almost did with Melo too. Thanks for clearing the cap but it's time to move on.

I don't think they could "sell" Paul on coming here. They will either have to trade for him (which they probably can't because they don't have the pieces) or hope that he wants to come here as a free agent. Also this team doesn't need Chris Paul to win. If they added 3-4 good role players they would be a legit title contender.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're one step ahead of the game in that they're able to build around superstars, rather than being forced to find superstars first, but we're in desperate need of a new coach and I'm just going to say it, a new GM.

Im not sure how much a difference a new coach will make. There are so few that make any difference in the NBA and the Knicks dont have the roster for those types to make it work anyway. As long as they dont look like they quit on him (and they did look that way during that losing streak) I doubt there will be much difference overall. I would think he will be back and then the players will dictate his fate. I remember when the Nets did that with Byron Scott where they basically sleptwalked through the season and finally Rod Thorn had to let him go because he knew Kidd was the guy leading the revolt. As soon as they canned him they went out and won a bunch of games in a row for Frank.

Walsh is probably the bigger fish to fry. What he did with the cap wasnt exactly rocket science. He tanked two years, which anyone could have done. Its not like he made any shrewd trades or moves to do it. He just went in, said we are going to suck for two years, and let the contracts expire. He probably cost the Knicks an extra player or two by wasting all that time on Melo. The price went up on him because the Knicks acted like they had all the leverage in the world when Denver had significantly more. That was a move that should have been made as soon as the Nets deal first fell apart or they should have forced the Nuggets hand and seen if they could have gotten Melo for free. He played a game of chicken and lost. I really think had he made the deal earlier the team still would have had Felton and possibly one of the other two bigger names traded.

Playing in a lot of playoff games in the NBA is nothing special. Half the friggin league makes the playoffs every year. Stop spitting out stupid stats that prove nothing.

LMAO so getting over 8 assists a game in a large body of playoff work is nothing to you?

lmao you are hilariousssss. 20 assist games are for JAGs? hahahaha what about 30 point playoff games? you've seen both the past 2 games and still are just as much of a clueless moron as before....I love it!

how many times did u get banned only to beg your way back, 3 or 4?

Im not sure how much a difference a new coach will make. There are so few that make any difference in the NBA and the Knicks dont have the roster for those types to make it work anyway. As long as they dont look like they quit on him (and they did look that way during that losing streak) I doubt there will be much difference overall. I would think he will be back and then the players will dictate his fate. I remember when the Nets did that with Byron Scott where they basically sleptwalked through the season and finally Rod Thorn had to let him go because he knew Kidd was the guy leading the revolt. As soon as they canned him they went out and won a bunch of games in a row for Frank.

Walsh is probably the bigger fish to fry. What he did with the cap wasnt exactly rocket science. He tanked two years, which anyone could have done. Its not like he made any shrewd trades or moves to do it. He just went in, said we are going to suck for two years, and let the contracts expire. He probably cost the Knicks an extra player or two by wasting all that time on Melo. The price went up on him because the Knicks acted like they had all the leverage in the world when Denver had significantly more. That was a move that should have been made as soon as the Nets deal first fell apart or they should have forced the Nuggets hand and seen if they could have gotten Melo for free. He played a game of chicken and lost. I really think had he made the deal earlier the team still would have had Felton and possibly one of the other two bigger names traded.

I don't know man. Both rosters this year were remarkably inconsistent. His indecisiveness on rotations is reminiscent of the Brown year. Every game is either a strong start with a weak finish or a weak start with a strong finish. I can recall only a handful of truly complete performances this year. He ran Amare into the ground and IMO it's why he's been a wreck for this series. Every play at the end of a tight game is either poorly drawn or not existent at all. He refuses to let the offense attack even if things look like they could be clicking in the paint. Just keep chucking until your shot falls, all day eery day. It's an annoying and tired act.

As for Donnie. The track record's there. He asked me to be patient for two years in the interest of something he failed miserably at. His boss had to step in to get the Melo deal done (and rightfully so). He bombed on two draft picks (Gallo is no Gordon) and essentially has really only picked up where Isiah left off in terms of drafting; finding nice talent in the late first. We should have been able to pitch Lebron with "you'll have the best young frontcourt in the league and Amare next to you in the backcourt." I don't trust him to build the rest of this roster, because quite frankly the rosters that he's put together for 3 years have ranged from very bad to mediocre. This is a good core of players to build around, I just don't think he's very good at building teams anymore.

I dunno. Not sure how this series plays out if the ref did not screw up in the first game. It could be a whole different series.

Right now with the refs, the injuries and last nite with the effort there is no way in hell Knicks were going to win. I guess having Melo and Amare on the same team means they can attract more talent going forward. But i do think the Knicks need Walsh for another season or two to compete the rebuilding.

LMAO so getting over 8 assists a game in a large body of playoff work is nothing to you?

lmao you are hilariousssss. 20 assist games are for JAGs? hahahaha what about 30 point playoff games? you've seen both the past 2 games and still are just as much of a clueless moron as before....I love it!

how many times did u get banned only to beg your way back, 3 or 4?

Attacking me doesn't make Rondo any less of a jag, or you any less of a frontrunner. How many days after the next playoff series will it take till you're a celtics/heat fan?

I think D'Antoni is a system coach. He has a system that he believes in and can work with the right players. If the players don't quite fit his system, he can't adjust his system to the talent he has.

When they showed the Knicks huddle in the third last night and I heard D'Antoni I almost puked. The man is simply not inspiring in any way, shape or form.

Doc Rivers and Phil Jackson prove that great talent is meaningless without a great coach, you can win a lot of games, but championships are unlikely. It's also the reason I don't expect the Heat to win crap with Spoelstra on the bench.

The Knicks need role players and a real coach.

I don't think they could "sell" Paul on coming here. They will either have to trade for him (which they probably can't because they don't have the pieces) or hope that he wants to come here as a free agent. Also this team doesn't need Chris Paul to win. If they added 3-4 good role players they would be a legit title contender.

I don't think Paul needs to be sold on coming to the Knicks - he's the one who made the toast at Melo's wedding to playing with Amare and Melo in the Garden. The question is can Walsh make it happen?

Serious question: how do you play football with your head so far up your a$$?

How is my head up my a$$? I quoted a post in which you implied that if Amare played even 20 minutes the Knicks would win by 20, and now I'm calling you out on it.

How is my head up my a$$? I quoted a post in which you implied that if Amare played even 20 minutes the Knicks would win by 20, and now I'm calling you out on it.

If you honestly thought I meant if Amare merely stood on the floor and be ineffective while attempting to play through pain, then yes your head is deep in your a$$.

One piece of wonderful news-MSG ratings and ad rates are taking a serious beating as Verizon Fios subscribers flock to the HD broadcasts of the games on TNT and ESPN because greedhead Dolan refuses to give Fios MSG HD broadcasts. Most of those people also used to be Cablevision customers. F___ Dolan.

nobody else is viewing the thread?

GHOST TOWNNNNN

you get props for being the only Knick fan here

Right. The fact that people are watching the game instead of sitting in front of their computers grappling with the question "Exactly how mean am I prepared to be to someone who clearly has a neurocognitive disorder?" proves that Celtics fans > Knicks fans. This must be like the time Rondo proved his mettle by besting John Wall the night after getting wang-whipped by Derrick Rose.

Archived