Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Scott Dierking

It is odd that so many other pitchers are having similar decreasing velocity issues.

Or, maybe the proliferation of registering radar readings and documenting them is too much of a rage.

Maybe this has always gone on, and pitchers need to work themselves out of "mediocre fastball syndrome".

Hard to know.

And power numbers have steadily been going done. What could be the cause? :huh:

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ian Kennedy career 4.14 ERA, 1.272 WHIP

Phil Hughes career 4.46 ERA, 1.292 WHIP

Once again Dierk you are comparing apples to oranges

Phil pitches in the filthy AL East, while Kennedy pitches in the AAAA NL West

Diamondbacks stadium is a bandbox. Ian Kennedy is currently pitching, while Phil Hughes is still DL'ed to to suckiness.

As a Mess fan with nothing to root for except a Yankee off year, I suppose you need something to hang your hat on.

Nevertheless, Kennedy just doesn't have the stuff Hughes has. Kennedy is a 3 or 4 pitcher, whereas Hughes, when healthy can be a 1

As a Mess fan with nothing to root for except a Yankee off year, I suppose you need something to hang your hat on.

Nevertheless, Kennedy just doesn't have the stuff Hughes has. Kennedy is a 3 or 4 pitcher, whereas Hughes, when healthy can be a 1

What exactly is Hughes' health issue? He has been a "1" for about 2 months of his career. For you to characterize him as a 1 is extremely generous. One would almost say homerish.

DO you even remember what it's like to have an 18 game winner?

Since 1990, no Met pitcher has reached the 18-win mark in a single season and only Al Leiter has won as many as 17 games, doing so in 1998. (Pedro Martinez is the only 17-game winner for the Expos/Nationals franchise over the past two decades, winning that many games in 1997, when he won the National League Cy Young Award.)

Scott, Scott, Scott......I feel bad for you. Having to pull Sabermetrics out when discussing wins and losses.

You are what you are. Phil Hughes is an 18 game Major League winner. Remember what Bill Parcells used to say?

Scott, Scott, Scott......I feel bad for you. Having to pull Sabermetrics out when discussing wins and losses.

You are what you are. Phil Hughes is an 18 game Major League winner. Remember what Bill Parcells used to say?

I don't EVER want to see you use a stat in support of any baseball debate then.

There you are-we thought you disappeared from this thread.

Remember how you were crowing about how Phil Hughes was injured and you just knew it. Good time, good times.

He's out 6-8 weeks for relaxation. Perfectly healthy. BTW who's "we"? Everyone is laughing at you in here.

He's out 6-8 weeks for relaxation. Perfectly healthy. BTW who's "we"? Everyone is laughing at you in here.

Yup, just like Oliver Perez was last year. DL'ed due to suckiness.

Hey, it was YOIU that told us that he HAD to be injured. There was no other way to explain it. Alas, no injury.

PredictableMike wrong again.

Yup, just like Oliver Perez was last year. DL'ed due to suckiness.

Hey, it was YOIU that told us that he HAD to be injured. There was no other way to explain it. Alas, no injury.

PredictableMike wrong again.

Listen old timer, I know your mind is probably starting to go but even in the feble rantings of your deranged mind this is a dumb statement. Keep going though. More stuff to make you look dumb with when he comes back.

Listen old timer, I know your mind is probably starting to go but even in the feble rantings of your deranged mind this is a dumb statement. Keep going though. More stuff to make you look dumb with when he comes back.

I never said he wasn't coming back.

All I asked was-WHAT IS HIS INJURY THAT YOU WERE SO CERTAIN OF?

All I have gotten is name calling and dancing? Which you are not deft at.

I never said he wasn't coming back.

All I asked was-WHAT IS HIS INJURY THAT YOU WERE SO CERTAIN OF?

All I have gotten is name calling and dancing? Which you are not deft at.

You're the one name calling. I'm just telling the truth. You are an old decrepit hater with nothing better to do that bring up old threads to try to stir up some crap. It's sad actually. A step down from yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

You're the one name calling. I'm just telling the truth. You are an old decrepit hater with nothing better to do that bring up old threads to try to stir up some crap. It's sad actually. A stop down from yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

Final time, simple question. What is Phil Hughes' injury?

So pretty much what every other pitcher gets, and pitches through. That is not an injury, that is called pitching wear and tear

Dr Demented over here. Good to know you're such an expert on pitchers' bodies. hahaha. Why aren't you practicing medicine instead of being an a$$ on a messageboard?

Dr Demented over here. Good to know you're such an expert on pitchers' bodies. hahaha. Why aren't you practicing medicine instead of being an a$$ on a messageboard?

Every spring, most pitchers experience what the trainers and pitching coaches refer to as "dead arm". It is not an injury, it is not an ailment, it is the fatigue of building the arm strength up. Pitchers will normally get hit around for a start or 2 during the period. This is nothing new.

It is NOT an injury and normally pitchers battle through it.

Every spring, most pitchers experience what the trainers and pitching coaches refer to as "dead arm". It is not an injury, it is not an ailment, it is the fatigue of building the arm strength up. Pitchers will normally get hit around for a start or 2 during the period. This is nothing new.

It is NOT an injury and normally pitchers battle through it.

You're not a doctor, but apparently you stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Archived