Turns out Phil Hughes is just bad, not hurt

Scott Dierking

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone want to trade me a Phil Hughes baseball card for this mint-condition Sam Militello card I got? How about this Paul Wilson?

I sat in the RF bleachers watching Sam Militello's ML debut (I think it was against the Bosox) and he threw seven solid innings. He was the future...LOL

Message board bravado. Gonna really enjoy making you look like the moron you are when he's healthy and pitching at a high level again.

I just continue to be amused at you making pronouncements (like "Hughes is injured"), without any knowledge.

No one knows what Hughes will come back like. Heck, no one knows what his problem was.

For you to just assume that he will return to his mediocre self, is purely speculation and conjecture.

Are you really qualifying a pitcher by WINS? You broke your own commandment there.

What peripherals were "great"?

His WHIP, K/9, H/9 and BB/K were all very good go look them up. Not that facts would dent your hateraide. Your yankee posts must outnumber your mets posts 80-90 to 1.

His WHIP, K/9, H/9 and BB/K were all very good go look them up. Not that facts would dent your hateraide. Your yankee posts must outnumber your mets posts 80-90 to 1.

Unreal. You're one to talk on the number of posts about a team that you don't follow. Hughes was terrible last season after May and he was terrible this season.

Unreal. You're one to talk on the number of posts about a team that you don't follow. Hughes was terrible last season after May and he was terrible this season.

Find me his last Mets post. I post about the Yankees more than boston anyway. You don't have to jump into every argument spin cycle.

You originally said "great". Now you have backed it down to "very good".

I would call them slightly better than League average.

And his most recent peripherals, dating back to last Summer, have been less than league average.

Enough with the pumping of Phil Hughes. Let's call him what he is

You originally said "great". Now you have backed it down to "very good".

I would call them slightly better than League average.

And his most recent peripherals, dating back to last Summer, have been less than league average.

Enough with the pumping of Phil Hughes. Let's call him what he is

you have no idea what league avg is. Talking out your a$$ as usual.

You have no argument so you're retreating to a semantics argument. Good going. Why dont you go take the walker out for a spin or something?

Semantics-YOU were the one that said his PERIPHERALS were GREAT. No semantics involved there.

Directly from your POSTS.

I show you that NONE of his peripherals were even top 10 in the league. At least you had the sense to back down your statement to his peripherals were "VERY GOOD". No semantics involved there. Directly from your posts.

YOU claim I don't have any clue to what "league average is" I show you AL League average for pitching 2010. No semantics involved there.

You were wrong.

Quit while you are way behind.

Semantics-YOU were the one that said his PERIPHERALS were GREAT. No semantics involved there.

Directly from your POSTS.

I show you that NONE of his peripherals were even top 10 in the league. At least you had the sense to back down your statement to his peripherals were "VERY GOOD". No semantics involved there. Directly from your posts.

YOU claim I don't have any clue to what "league average is" I show you AL League average for pitching 2010. No semantics involved there.

You were wrong.

Quit while you are way behind.

And here comes your usual garbage. Claim victory in the hopes that the other person is too exhausted from trying to argue with that think skull of yours. You're SOOOOOO predictable it's hilarious. BTW i love when you do little plays on words to try to be clever and it just makes you sound more like the old clod you are. Terrific!

And here comes your usual garbage. Claim victory in the hopes that the other person is too exhausted from trying to argue with that think skull of yours. You're SOOOOOO predictable it's hilarious. BTW i love when you do little plays on words to try to be clever and it just makes you sound more like the old clod you are. Terrific!

backpedal, backpedal until the original premise that you were trying to debate fades. Nice try.

backpedal, backpedal until the original premise that you were trying to debate fades. Nice try.

Hey this is a bit off topic but you didn't answer my PM. You guys going to Richie's next weekend?

Hey this is a bit off topic but you didn't answer my PM. You guys going to Richie's next weekend?

See the PM I just sent you about the problem with Abbie.

Num Num will have to wait.

Got it. That's crazy, hope it all works out.

Can you guys please take this exchange to PMs?

Thanks.

You have to love madmikes commitment to Yankee players. They can do no wrong as there is always some kind of obscure stat that will back up his argument. Kudos you crazy bastard.

BTW: Phil Hughes is terrible.

If 18 wins is terrible, what is decent?

Spin It Cycle Boy

You have to love madmikes commitment to Yankee players. They can do no wrong as there is always some kind of obscure stat that will back up his argument. Kudos you crazy bastard.

Wishful thinking, Chump

I love how you, spin cycle and the other Boston PR interns around here pick a fight with me over Hughes, who has been a great RP and won 18 games with peripherals that were much better than his ERA ended up being in his only full year as a starter, sucks but 5 mins ago you were ballwashing Ellsbury in another thread who is a truly terrible player who has never preformed at even a decent level in the majors. If you've seen some of the fights i've had with other yankee fans on here about yankee players you'd know that what you're saying about me is complete BS. I'm extremely objective about yankee players. Something that can't be said for you and your Boston PR pals.

I love how you, spin cycle and the other Boston PR interns around here pick a fight with me over Hughes, who has been a great RP and won 18 games with peripherals that were much better than his ERA ended up being in his only full year as a starter, sucks but 5 mins ago you were ballwashing Ellsbury in another thread who is a truly terrible player who has never preformed at even a decent level in the majors. If you've seen some of the fights i've had with other yankee fans on here about yankee players you'd know that what you're saying about me is complete BS. I'm extremely objective about yankee players. Something that can't be said for you and your Boston PR pals.

A few things:

1). I have never ball-washed Jacoby.

2). You are now throwing out wins to justify how good Hughes is?

3). You have never seen a Yankee that you don't wont to blow.

Archived