Like the injury ravaged Jets....the Pats....

Garb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has nothing to do with how many posts you've made or how long youve been around--if you don't know what ur talking about youre an idiot, period. Apparently you pats fans are stuck too far up tom bradys rear end to see that without him youre team doesnt make the playoffs any of the past 4 years, much less win 3 superbowls

has nothing to do with how many posts you've made or how long youve been around--if you don't know what ur talking about youre an idiot, period. Apparently you pats fans are stuck too far up tom bradys rear end to see that without him youre team doesnt make the playoffs any of the past 4 years, much less win 3 superbowls

Actually, it has everything to do with how long you have been around here.

You join a week ago and your 20th post is calling one of the original posters an "idiot"?

i dont care if someone has 1 post, 1000 posts or was the creater if theyre wrong THEY ARE WRONG.

b/c if it has something to do with experience...then no one here has the right to hate on herm, b/c im pretty sure none of the posters have been head coaches in the NFL

Actually, it has everything to do with how long you have been around here.

You join a week ago and your 20th post is calling one of the original posters an "idiot"?

ahhhh name calling ... i would agree with you tx... but i was admonished for that a couple of pages ago... so i guess i will just say nothing ;)

i dont care if someone has 1 post, 1000 posts or was the creater if theyre wrong THEY ARE WRONG.

b/c if it has something to do with experience...then no one here has the right to hate on herm, b/c im pretty sure none of the posters have been head coaches in the NFL

Drunk_Shrimp_Convict:

How are they WRONG? Because you say so?

Get a clue.

BTW, Hermy sucks as a HC and I don't have to be one to know it.

i cant wait til brady gets hurt and you guys suck beyond belief

Brady has missed exactly 2 quarters of football in his 6 year career due to injuries. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to get injured.

Just because the Jets wasted $64 mil on a China Doll figurine who has never played a full season, the Pats are smart enought to sign a guy that at least stays on the field to earn his money.

Brady has missed exactly 2 quarters of football in his 6 year career due to injuries. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for him to get injured.

Just because the Jets wasted $64 mil on a China Doll figurine who has never played a full season, the Pats are smart enought to sign a guy that at least stays on the field to earn his money.

Ala the brilliant Dillon extension.

But then again who needs Dillon when you have Heath Evans. Really doesn't matter does it?

Evans off one week not worth a discussion.

Houston showed the same.

Funny though how any Jet contract extensions are villified if the guy gets hurt while our converted Pats ball washers give a pass to the Dillon extension at the same age we kill the Jets for using Martin .

Rb is a much easier replacable part than a quality QB.

Love most of your posts RS........when things go bad, not as much. It's easy to say everyone sucks and must go but it's simply not realistic.

Evans off one week not worth a discussion.

Houston showed the same.

Funny though how any Jet contract extensions are villified if the guy gets hurt while our converted Pats ball washers give a pass to the Dillon extension at the same age we kill the Jets for using Martin .

Rb is a much easier replacable part than a quality QB.

Love most of your posts RS........when things go bad, not as much. It's easy to say everyone sucks and must go but it's simply not realistic.

Evans gained his yardage in a win and not in garbage time.

This post is not about everyone going. This was a hypothetical question that can not be answered. But to answer your question I do not think everyone should be fired or cut. I do believe that this team needs a slight overhaul at this point though.

Shelter,

That's pretty funny.

Do you know the structure of Dillon's extension?

Just to let you know, it's barely the league minimum and totally incentive based.

Dillon will never see that amount of coin and the Pats have a very easy out if they cut him.

Unlike some other pathetic organization who hands out guaranteed money for some sissy who never played a full season. :shock:

That right there is the difference between a winning organization and a losing organization like the Jets. :wink:

If Brady ever got hurt seriously i believe the Pats would be totally screwed. Thats the one guy they can't afford to lose, IMO.

With their defense they have this year, you are right. However, unless Belichick has suddenly forgotten everything about defense, it will get better next year.

In that case, the Patriots could survive without Brady. By survive I mean 8 or 9 win survive, not a Superbowl contender unless the defense turns in a 2000 Ravensesque type performance.

Shelter,

That's pretty funny.

Do you know the structure of Dillon's extension?

Just to let you know, it's barely the league minimum and totally incentive based.

Dillon will never see that amount of coin and the Pats have a very easy out if they cut him.

Unlike some other pathetic organization who hands out guaranteed money for some sissy who never played a full season. :shock:

That right there is the difference between a winning organization and a losing organization like the Jets. :wink:

Maybe you have seen different terms.

Dillon:

Signed a five-year contract extension worth $25 million on 04/11/2005. He is guaranteed $10 million in the first two years of his deal. The Patriots have an option for the 2007 season.

Maybe you have seen different terms.

Dillon:

Signed a five-year contract extension worth $25 million on 04/11/2005. He is guaranteed $10 million in the first two years of his deal. The Patriots have an option for the 2007 season.

Nope, you got it correct.

$5 mil guarenteed over the next two years is not that much. His actual salary is incentive laden.

I look for Dillon's role to diminish over the next two seasons. Pats have to go RB in the draft next year.

I think Dillon can be very productive with 10-15 carries per game over the next two seasons. It's just his time as a featured RB is probably over.

So 10mill for this and next season is a good contract for 10-15 carries if the guy happens to actually stray onto the playing field?

I would have signed him to be honest as if healthy come play-off time he is a factor but you need to be consitent in what is a good and bad contract especially when you base it on injuries that occur after the contract is signed.

So 10mill for this and next season is a good contract for 10-15 carries if the guy happens to actually stray onto the playing field?

I would have signed him to be honest as if healthy come play-off time he is a factor but you need to be consitent in what is a good and bad contract especially when you base it on injuries that occur after the contract is signed.

Shelter, I'm not sure I get your point.

All things considered, I think they Pats gave Dillon a very fair extension. After his season last year, I'm sure some teams would have given him a 5-year extension with guarenteed upfront money and a high salary over the course of the 5-year period. The Pats didn't do that.

$10 mil over two seasons, with salary based on incentives, seems like a bargin to me.

I don't get where you don't think I am "consistent". #-o

10 mill is guaranteed correct?

Pats will never pick up his option in 2007.

"Dillon, who rushed for 1,635 yards in his first season with the Super Bowl champion Patriots, agreed to a contract extension that could keep him a Patriot for the remainder of his career. The restructuring of the deal guarantees that he will make $10 million the next two seasons, and if the Patriots pick up the option in 2007, he might make $25 million over the next five years.

Dillon, 30, was entering the final year of his contract and was scheduled to make $3.95 million. By reaching this agreement, the Patriots will lower Dillon's current cap number of $4.495 million and give them more room to sign free agents and their draft choices. Entering Monday, the Patriots were only $619,000 under the salary cap."

Archived