***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely haven't been following the prospects and build up the way I usually would, but bottom line is there's some football stuff going on and I'm psyched. Will definitely be watching coverage from the moment I leave work.

Exactly. I'm a football junkie. I havent been as involved either. Havent done any mocks, player analysis, sleeper picks, etc that I typically do every offseason...but the draft is tonight and its exciting nonetheless.

Very curious to see where all the QB's are going. Especially because I've been watching all the Gruden QB shows on NFLN. Some good sh*t right there.

DL, OLB, S - thats what I want to see with our 1st rounder.

Exactly. I'm a football junkie. I havent been as involved either. Havent done any mocks, player analysis, sleeper picks, etc that I typically do every offseason...but the draft is tonight and its exciting nonetheless.

Very curious to see where all the QB's are going. Especially because I've been watching all the Gruden QB shows on NFLN. Some good sh*t right there.

DL, OLB, S - thats what I want to see with our 1st rounder.

100% agree. This is the first year in a while that I haven't really followed many of the prospects. From what i'm hearing though this draft is deep at D-line, which serves us well since that's pretty much the oldest part of our team + Jenkins is gone.

Hopefully this year goes better than last. Not that I hate the players we took, just that we made huge gaping holes and drafted to fill them with projects.

I'd like to see the Jets go and use a little house money this year. Let Rex draft whoever he wants and just go with it. If he wants to draft some freak athlete with a lower draft grade in the first? Cool. Go for it. Let him draft Jon Baldwin in the first, Ahmad Black in the third, whatever. Go get some football players who happen to be athletes. Throw out the ******* stopwatches and the Wonderlichs and the police blotter and go for it.

Not really impressed by Phil Taylor, personally. He's got size, but he doesn't seem like he's anything special to me.

@JiF, sucks about Janoris Jenkins. I remember you touting Ahmad Black earlier, any idea what round he might go in?

I actually wouldnt mind Taylor. Personally, I want Wilkerson or Taylor. Think Rex can make them special.

Dude, Janoris is an idiot. Thats all there is too it. The guy is good, really good. He should have entered the draft. Now he's ****ed himself. The Gators have been a mess. Urban turned a blind eye to everything. Doest look like Muschamp is going to put up with it.

I dont know where Black is going. He didnt run all that well for a safety. Personally, I dont give a ****. The guy can fly and he's just a naturally gifted Football player. A bit undersized, but he has amazing instincts. Total ball hawk with outstanding hands and doesnt mind laying wood for a smaller guy. He is absolutely perfect for this defense and I'll full on cream myself if we snag him. Think he's going to be 5th rounder because of his workouts. But if teams watch the film on him, he's a game changing safety, bottom line. I mean, dude ended his amazing collegiate career with a pick 6 to seal the win. Talk about going out in style. Plus, he's just a good dude who I hear is extremely coachable.

COME ON TANNY AND REX, DO IT!!!

I'd like to see the Jets go and use a little house money this year. Let Rex draft whoever he wants and just go with it. If he wants to draft some freak athlete with a lower draft grade in the first? Cool. Go for it. Let him draft Jon Baldwin in the first, Ahmad Black in the third, whatever. Go get some football players who happen to be athletes. Throw out the ******* stopwatches and the Wonderlichs and the police blotter and go for it.

**** yeah!

h8u

**** yeah!

h8u

I think 40 times can be over-rated for safeties. A little. It'd be nice if your safety was super-instinctive AND ran a 4.4 (Polamalu, Reed), but if a guy can move AND stick his face into a guard, you'll make that work. I think Black is the kind of guy who will make a lot of plays for you within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage, but he'll get you killed down the field at least once per game. You might make that trade-off. Can't be worse than Eric Smith.

EAD.

Just a hunch...with the bottom of the draft being a giant pile of sh*t...I see Tannenbaum trading up. I'm assuming there's one guy they're really targeting...similar to Revis in 07. If not, I guess they'll probably roll with Phil Taylor if he's available.

I'm not a pro scout, but the film on most of these "pass rushers" is pretty underwhelming.

Just a hunch...with the bottom of the draft being a giant pile of sh*t...I see Tannenbaum trading up. I'm assuming there's one guy they're really targeting...similar to Revis in 07. If not, I guess they'll probably roll with Phil Taylor if he's available.

I'm not a pro scout, but the film on most of these "pass rushers" is pretty underwhelming.

Any chance we could get Von Miller?

I would puke all over my feet. The guy you're drafting at 20 doesn't look to be that much better than the guy you're getting at 30.

taking my 9yr old to the stadium draft party, he will b sleepy on friday morning at school. Late thurs draft parties are so Hitler-esque.

Damn I'll be impressed if he can stay up that whole time. I really hate the new draft format, it wasn't bad last year since I lived on the west coast and ended around 9:30 but now that I'm back east it blows major chunks.

Pretty amusing last-minute draft stuff going on.

1. All these NFL coaches and draft gurus talking about how much they love Cam Newton's ability...but wouldn't draft him because they're not sure he can, ahem, "handle a playbook."

2. Mallett supposedly blew off his Carolina interview because he was allegedly hung over.

3. Christian Ponder looks like a lock first, now drawing comparisons to Mark Sanchez.

4. Mayock has Jabaal Sheard climbing up into the twenties.

5. Jimmy Smith failed three drug tests, including one for codeine. Brutal.

Pretty amusing last-minute draft stuff going on.

2. Mallett supposedly blew off his Carolina interview because he was allegedly hung over.

This one was proved false about a week ago and is just a giant example of how the rumor machine rolls around draft time. Mallet met with Carolina for a dinner with plans for a breakfast meeting and a workout the next day. He ended up being sick all night and morning and after the breakfast meeting both sides decided he wouldn't be able to work out considering.

Here is my bold prediction for the 2011 draft: The Patriots will trade one of the first round picks. :)

There is some serious rumor going around that the Pats will trade with Cleveland and move to the 6 spot and pick Julio Jones if he's there. This scenario is laughable at best.

Archived