***Official Draft Day Thread***

JustInFudge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No a$$hole, I think the difference is we already had a leg up on this guy as an UDFA. He was going to come to camp because Sanchez anyway, our 7th rounder should have been used on somebody we're going to have trouble competing for with other teams to bring into training camp.

ZOMG! There's some theoretical possibility that we could have gotten our 7th round pick as a UDFA. That NEVER happens! Call the cops we got robbed!

I'm the a$$hole????

No a$hole, I think the difference is we already had a leg up on this guy as an UDFA. He was going to come to camp because Sanchez anyway, our 7th rounder should have been used on somebody we're going to have trouble competing for with other teams to bring into training camp.

Make your points like an adult, without personal attacking people.

Future starting quarterback of the New York Jets.

I guarantee it.

It's entirely possible, which is why I'm glad they drafted a QB and why I'd have preferred Enderle despite the terrible senior year. I guess the hope is that he can pull a Brees and the S&C guys push him from limp linguini to off-brand garden hose.

It's entirely possible, which is why I'm glad they drafted a QB and why I'd have preferred Enderle despite the terrible senior year. I guess the hope is that he can pull a Brees and the S&C guys push him from limp linguini to off-brand garden hose.

I actually think that the grief Sanchez is going to get this year is kind of unfair. We've basically set ourselves up so that just holding serve on offense is basically our best-case scenario, and nobody gets just how much better he's going to have to be this year just to compensate for the relative good fortune he's enjoyed to date, let alone for the loss of Edwards or Holmes, Slauson or Ducasse turning into a leak on the line, or god forbid somebody important gets hurt for like the first time in six years. Manifestly absurd expectations will be confounded, loud noises will be made, and we'll wind up on the other side of the imaginary fence.

I know its a highlight reel and all...but that kid has a lightening fast release. You can't edit that into youtube. really impressed with the way he throws while under a heavy rush. could be our second string before long if he can pick up a playbook.

I think his strength is his head, and his weakness is his arm. Even in that highlight reel, I'm not seeing a fast release. Looks more like he has to wind up on every throw to me.

Smart and safe with the ball makes a good backup, though.

I actually think that the grief Sanchez is going to get this year is kind of unfair. We've basically set ourselves up so that just holding serve on offense is basically our best-case scenario, and nobody gets just how much better he's going to have to be this year just to compensate for the relative good fortune he's enjoyed to date, let alone for the loss of Edwards or Holmes, Slauson or Ducasse turning into a leak on the line, or god forbid somebody important gets hurt for like the first time in six years. Manifestly absurd expectations will be confounded, loud noises will be made, and we'll wind up on the other side of the imaginary fence.

Yeah, but delusion never regresses to the mean. Holding serve on offense for a team constructed and coached precisely like this one is pretty much McElroy's career ceiling (which, pussy arm notwithstanding, is why I get picking him over a gunslinging tard like Enderle), so I'll call your guarantee and raise you one: McElroy gets a split or better in his first two starts and prompts at least one poster to suggest flipping him to the Vikings for three first-rounders and at least one poster to suggest that he has what it takes to be a franchise starter. Early chalk is Ecurb for the former and bit for the latter, but we'll have to see how the season shakes out.

Though I should mention that while I don't love McElroy, I do love this pick, if only because it signals that Tannenbaum's making QB decisions based on game tape and not that adorable Youtube video of Sanchez and his amorcito jumping off a yacht. Can't be a coincidence that he publicized his come-to-Jesus moment on the Ron Wolf philosophy either. Dunno if he's relieved Rex of quarterback scouting duties yet, but one can dream.

I think his strength is his head, and his weakness is his arm. Even in that highlight reel, I'm not seeing a fast release. Looks more like he has to wind up on every throw to me.

Smart and safe with the ball makes a good backup, though.

perhaps i wasnt clear. he gets rid of the ball quickly...not necessarily a physical skill/trait, but an ability to locate his target and get the ball out without indecision, double-clutching, ball-patting and happy feet. there is little waste of movement and excellent reflexive release. his int ratio is quite low as well which tells me he can spot the open man under a rush...not just wing it and hope for the best.

Archived