The Office Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is when people get roleless townie roles they tend to lose interest. Smash has pointed this out a number of times.

Last game I was going to have roleless but then I felt bad about not giving everyone a role... especially since we've gotten used to it this year.

I like when most of us are roleless townies. But I also hate being scum. Lol.

I said it in the dead thread, but it bears repeating. Great setup, JVOR. And great modding and co-modding. You guys were awesome. I haven't been this into a game in a while. I even dreamed about it, I think.

ok enough for me too.. you can take solace that in 7 hours I'll be starting a truly horrible day. Moving SUCKS and having to acquiesce to Jodi (aka LF) all day, in terms of what is going where, may just kill me.

If you want to go Dan we can take this outside? I'm pretty sure I can take you.

Hehe I'm small so no thanks. I did take karate when I was younger but I think you said you know karate too. The only other self defense I know is I'm supposed to gouge someone's eyeballs out if I'm being assaulted. But eyeballs gross me out.

ok enough for me too.. you can take solace that in 7 hours I'll be starting a truly horrible day. Moving SUCKS and having to acquiesce to Jodi (aka LF) all day, in terms of what is going where, may just kill me.

Lol good luck. Ladyfriend rocks. :)

Hehe I'm small so no thanks. I did take karate when I was younger but I think you said you know karate too. The only other self defense I know is I'm supposed to gouge someone's eyeballs out if I'm being assaulted. But eyeballs gross me out.

the only karate move I know is the right hand flogging. my 7 year old is the one who's getting his HI YAAA on.

I said it in the dead thread, but it bears repeating. Great setup, JVOR. And great modding and co-modding. You guys were awesome. I haven't been this into a game in a while. I even dreamed about it, I think.

lol. That happened to Slats in the Fullmetal Alchemist game. I think the game is so psychological that it can really get at you.

Great game, great and unique set-up JVoR/Dan.

1--80, you pwnd me hard dude. But...not as hard as...

2--I28. Damn you, monkey. I genuinely think I would have come back to Hess, and I was suspicious of Pac. But you? No way in hell I would have gotten you. I trusted JiF and would have trusted the survivor of the Vic/80 dispute, but you were probably #3 or even #2 after that. Well played sir, very well played.

3--RIP in bacon heaven, Crush.

I really enjoyed reading the back and forth argument of "AVM IS COP!!!" "NO HE'S NOT SHUT UP HESS" "KILL HIM NOWWWWWWW." It made my day. I failed hard with the "Vig" items this game. First time I've had the ability to shoot, and I effectively almost killed the cop, then killed Crusher. I really was set to hold on to the drugs til endgame, then figure out how to use it (as I didn't think I'd get NK'd with me being easily lynched). Then I got impatient, and knowing I had the ability to swing the game heavy in our favor was too much. Props to you guys that play Vig well, I very much did not.

GG to the whole scum team, especially Pac. Very well played at the end...great job

lol. That happened to Slats in the Fullmetal Alchemist game. I think the game is so psychological that it can really get at you.

It REALLY is though, dude. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm so hooked :P

I really enjoyed reading the back and forth argument of "AVM IS COP!!!" "NO HE'S NOT SHUT UP HESS" "KILL HIM NOWWWWWWW." It made my day. I failed hard with the "Vig" items this game. First time I've had the ability to shoot, and I effectively almost killed the cop, then killed Crusher. I really was set to hold on to the drugs til endgame, then figure out how to use it (as I didn't think I'd get NK'd with me being easily lynched). Then I got impatient, and knowing I had the ability to swing the game heavy in our favor was too much. Props to you guys that play Vig well, I very much did not.

GG to the whole scum team, especially Pac. Very well played at the end...great job

Lol the scum thread was beautiful. They were an amazing team.

It REALLY is though, dude. Maybe that's one of the reasons I'm so hooked :P

I may have woken up in the middle of the night once, talking in my sleep about a game. "AVM ... Sharrow ..." Hehe. (The game where I was scum and was trying to figure out who to bring to endgame.)

I Had big plans for you Hess :) but the damn APE killed me just before i was about to reveal I had the copier. (thats why i asked you those 2 questions Integrity) if we were able to lynch hess i was gouing to use my role on him and try to get the other 2 scum. Would have been cool but ... JIF Im surprised you didnt pick up me going after Hess with my last 2 posts I thought you would.

I Had big plans for you Hess :) but the damn APE killed me just before i was about to reveal I had the copier. (thats why i asked you those 2 questions Integrity) if we were able to lynch hess i was gouing to use my role on him and try to get the other 2 scum. Would have been cool but ... JIF Im surprised you didnt pick up me going after Hess with my last 2 posts I thought you would.

I put that kill request in BEFORE you actually called me out with the questions. When I saw you do that before JVOR's scene popped up, I was laughing... because it created a wifom I didn't intend for.

I miss normal games and the strategy that went into them. I think the crazy setups are fun, too, but I like knowing exactly what's in the game and paying more attention to the way people are playing rather than depending on all the night/day actions.

Normal game with multiple teams are cool. Mafia/ Town/ Masons. Those are neat.

Just getting caught up...wow...fantastic finish.

@JVoR: Great set-up and modding with an extra shoutout to DanX. I really enjoyed this game even after I went out.

@Lily: ;) Knew you were town all the way.

@ All: Great game...from now on trust the 8-ball.

Normal game with multiple teams are cool. Mafia/ Town/ Masons. Those are neat.

Agreed, it's fun to play the game and not play the mod. But someone said earlier, giving everyone a role helps keep everyone interested, which is true I think.

Agreed, it's fun to play the game and not play the mod. But someone said earlier, giving everyone a role helps keep everyone interested, which is true I think.

True. I don't think there was one "roleless" townie in this game. Everyone had a role PLUS a Uhaul full of powerful items. I'm actually surprised at how balanced it turned out. I might have helped by thinking I had to end the game with 1 town and 1 scum.

I wish I realized I could have just taken out all the scum and then just PWNED from there... ******* had verbal and pac by D2, town delivered JF80 and Hess... and I had eliminated the doc and cop way early. Hindsight is a bitch.

Booyeah Pac - nice work. Missed the end of this one last night, hehe.

my favorite part of the game was when Hess and 80 were adamant about destroying the mirror when we got it hahah... I almost lost my sh-t.

I know! You were begging for me to get into the QT and save you. And save you I did. They were nuts. We were all nuts. We were so damn dysfunctional that we came out the low end and became awesome. Good work scum!

Great job modding JVoR and Dan (even though I hate you).

Great job Ape as the SK. We had no idea. Totally thought it was Lily....

One other issue I'm having is how to handle some conflicting mechanics.

Roleblocker vs Mirror. Who wins?

roleblocker vs redirector.

mirror vs redirector.

Thoughts?

The mirror is always passive and on, and I'd have it as the big winner. So the roleblock and redirection would bounce back on themselves (The redirector would redirect the person they intended their target to target).

Roleblocker Vs. Redirector is trickier. Might have to go by timestamps, and mention that in the rules up front. That might actually be a good way to get all the night actions in faster - if two night actions conflict, the one I receive first will have the better chance of working as intended.

That discussion is what caught me.. I won the mirror and was told it mirrors everything, so I never stopped to ask if that included the item destyroyer.. just figured i could draw a NK attempt and maybe take out scum.. ANother one of my powers was that i could hold onto an item forever, so I thought there'd be a good chance for me to take out multiple killers..

I think it's up to the mod and needs to be explained in detail beforehand. Reason being a mirror that can be shut off by a roleblock is not nearly as powerful as one that can't be stopped, for balance purposes

I put that kill request in BEFORE you actually called me out with the questions. When I saw you do that before JVOR's scene popped up, I was laughing... because it created a wifom I didn't intend for.

Looking back I28 if we killed Hess and my plan worked you probably would have won the game if i was able to convince Hess to give up the other 2 scum. He probably would have, because in the dead thread word was they were fearing the worst. So while town killed off Scum you could have picked off town along the way.

Archived