•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Erik Ainge has torn rotator cuff

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,758 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

June 9, 2011 9:44 PM 4 comments
Erik Ainge has torn rotator cuff in throwing shoulder

BY Manish Mehta

Quarterback Erik Ainge has a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, leaving his immediate future in the league in doubt. Ainge, who spent the entire 2010 season on the reserve/did not report list due to drug and alcohol issues, relayed the injury news on his official Twitter page Thursday night.

“Found out i have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder today, no fun, o well, could always be worse, im sober and loved, all that matters,” Ainge tweeted.

Ainge, who turns 25 on Sunday, hasn't taken a regular-season snap in his career. He was suspended for four games without pay in 2008 for violating the league's policy on anabolic steroids and related substances.

The Jets have three other quarterbacks (Mark Sanchez, Mark Brunell and Kevin O’Connell) under contract for 2011. Gang Green also signed Drew Willy to a reserve/future contract and drafted Greg McElroy in this year’s draft.

For more Jets news. follow Manish Mehta on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream

#2 SoFlaJets

SoFlaJets

Sasquatch Hunter

• Members
  • 34,652 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say that Ainge will never see an NFL playing field again-certainly not during regular season and it's doubtful even a pre-season game. maybe the UFL or Canada-maybe

#3 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,758 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:36 AM

Man it seems like this kid is cursed. i had some hope for him when the Jets took him.

Finished

#4 kelticwizard

kelticwizard

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,525 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Connecticut

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

You never know. I would say that he definitely is on the scrap heap-that is, he joins the group of 200 or so out-of-work quarterbacks out there who conceivably could play in the league with the right breaks, (that is somebody on some coaching staff puts in a good word for them), but who really has nobody on any coaching staff who is going to do that.

Occasionally a starting QB gets hurt and one of these guys gets called in for a tryout for third string and sticks, but it's a long shot.

#5 visajets

visajets

3rd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 9,303 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Its time to cut ties with Ainge.

#6 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

Its time to cut ties with Ainge.

agreed. in fact, i'd like to know how the hell he's hung around this long. He's an addict/alcoholic steroid abuser who never made it to the field and yet he's somehow stayed on the payroll. Throws a nice ball--I'll say that for him. but what the hell? I'm sure we could've been developing a solid backup in his place the last few years.

#7 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,277 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:23 PM

He's no Brooks Bollinger, that's for sure.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#8 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,351 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Won't this at least get him an injury settlement? Finanacially it might actually help him.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#9 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,104 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

how much coke to you have to chop to tear your rotator cuff ?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#10 BroadwayJ667

BroadwayJ667

JetNation Spokesman

• Members
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

off to the ufl
Posted Image
NYJ 2012 season will be rebuilt like, Now more appropriate with Tebow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL716A68B046C6E750

#11 Drums

Drums

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

erik f*ckin' ainge, man

Edited by Drums, 11 June 2011 - 12:52 AM.

#12 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

Damn and he already used his get out of steroids free card. This sucks for him.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,744 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:09 AM

agreed. in fact, i'd like to know how the hell he's hung around this long. He's an addict/alcoholic steroid abuser who never made it to the field and yet he's somehow stayed on the payroll. Throws a nice ball--I'll say that for him. but what the hell? I'm sure we could've been developing a solid backup in his place the last few years.

Tannenbaum is a big Celtics fan.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users