Movies We've Seen Thread

Saw World War Z today. It was so ******* boring. Pitt sleepwalks through the whole thing, wearing a fashionable scarf, and is the only man alive who seems to have any interest in saving the world. The fast zombies look fake and monotonous after ten minutes, and the solution they come up with is dumb as f^ck.

Speaking of which, Biutiful--Another long movie, this one with subtitles, that should earn Javier Bardem an Oscar. He's a terminally ill man desperately trying to provide for his two kids before he dies. I watched it, impressed but not blown away, for two hours, then found myself weeping like a baby when it ended. A great movie for those with patience.

Sounds like a metaphor for the Leon Hess years.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw World War Z today. It was so ******* boring. Pitt sleepwalks through the whole thing, wearing a fashionable scarf, and is the only man alive who seems to have any interest in saving the world. The fast zombies look fake and monotonous after ten minutes, and the solution they come up with is dumb as f^ck.

Totally agree.

A weak effort.

I'm giving a four-star endorsement to a little-known zombie-ish flick I watched on Netflix. Stake Land. Amidst the 9,000,000 awful shlock-horror zombie flicks being made these days, Stake Land is pretty fantastic. It's smart, the characters aren't idiots, the story moves along, and everything feels authentic. If you liked Walking Dead, you'll love this.

You know what sucked? Now You See Me. I really wanted to like it, but that was going to be impossible. Absolute zero character development. Like, less than zero. And the magic, which really should've at least been cool, wasn't. What a disappointment.

Oh, and I saw Stake Land a while ago. Really gritty, more intense than Walking Dead. I liked it a lot.

Saw Grown Ups 2 and Lone Ranger at a drive-in last weekend. Both enjoyable, mindless movies. Laughed out loud a few times.

The two Grown Up movies have gotten horrible reviews, but for mindless movies, like you said who cares? Its just entertainment. Whenever one the first one is on I stop and watch it. 

move technology is getting downright mind blowing.  in monsters inc, and that era, they really couldn't do convincing hair, smoke or water.  saw despicable me 2 today, and it was just amazing. 

in 10 years they won't need actors

Watched "Bewares of Mr. Baker". it was in theaters for about 5 minutes and is already on cable.

if John Bonham or Keith Moon hahd lived without sobering up, this is what they would've gone through-drug addiction, kids who hate them,  getting thrown out of/collapsing bands,getting thrown out of America,England, and 3rd world countries,  constant moving, money troubles, a squad of ex-wives. There are some nice interviews with Neil Peart and Stewart Copeland. But Ginger Baker himself is a mess. He insists he likes Eric Clapton best of anyone, but Eric Clapton makes clear he's scared sheetless of him, did not want him in Blidn Faith in the first place and views any contact wiht him as potentially damaging to his own sobriety and mental health. . Despite various reunions of Cream getting him out of financial trouble Baker has managed to go right back to a train wreck. And he hates Jack Bruce something fierce. In short, despite tremenoud talent, Ginger Baker is f___ing batsheet crazy. Probably in part because his father was killed in WWII.

Edited by Bugg

Saw The Way Way Back today. If your partial to coming of age movies and/or good comedies with a story, I'd recommend this one highly. Sam Rockwell and Allison Janney are delightfully typecast, while Steve Carell plays against type as a dick. Very funny, but also sweet and heartbreaking - just like coming of age for real.

Question re: 'This is the End'.  It has good reviews, but I'm concerned it's all sperm jokes.  I like comedy to work harder than that.  I'm no prude, I liked Pineapple Express & Paul, I just think weiner jokes are too easy to spend my $ on. 

Question re: 'This is the End'.  It has good reviews, but I'm concerned it's all sperm jokes.  I like comedy to work harder than that.  I'm no prude, I liked Pineapple Express & Paul, I just think weiner jokes are too easy to spend my $ on.

I liked This Is The End a lot better than either of those. There's a lot of making fun of Hollywood in here. Everyone playing themselves gives them a chance to do some really funny things that are in character, and way out of character.

If weiner jokes give you pause, some of the animation might be a little over the top for you. Lol. But overall, it's very good. I like Seth Rogen, and in my opinion, this is above average Seth Rogen fare.

• 1 month later...

Saw "Pain" and "Gain".  The boys talked me into watching it.  Was shocked when they told me it was based on a true story.  Kinda kookie and intense all at the same time.  Lot of laughs and a lot of "WTF" moments.  Worth a look.

Saw WWZ.  Brad Pitt looks great in a scarf. Thought the solution to the epidemic was interesting and the way Pitt came to that conclusion watching the zombies run by a couple dudes.  Other than that just another Movie Trailor trap movie. 

Saw Oblivion. Tom Cruz looks great in a space suit.  the swimming pool scene was the only part of the movie worth watching.  Horrible.

• 2 weeks later...