Movies We've Seen Thread

On 4/3/2017 at 9:25 AM, munchmemory said:

Looking for something to watch yesterday, we rented Scorsese's "Silence".  Anybody else have a problem staying focuses/awake during this flick?  Too long,repetitive, and meandering IMO. Or flat out dull.

Most religious movies eat sh*t. I love schizoid hyper Scorcese, and will see when it comes on out on cable. 'Kundun' was pretty OK, P Glass always helps; but people shouldn't get so hung up on the Dalai Lama being this great peaceful unbelievable guy. He's petty as fukk like the rest of us behind closed doors, and yeah, Tibetan Buddhists were never particularly peaceful in and of themselves. No-one deserves to get rolled for ethereal crap, but the current Dalai Lama never gets looked at with an unjaundiced eye. Richard Gere, GTF outta here, that idiotic special with him kissing ass, I was ready to immolate myself for shiggles. Even Gandhi was a racist, and all Mother Teresa really cared about was converting starving people to Catholicism. What was this about again? 'Silence'. Right. 

On 3/8/2017 at 10:12 PM, T0mShane said:

I watched Manchester By The Sea. It is not worth it. 

Thanks, will avoid until I can't. I wonder what the sexual harassment thing really boiled down to. The behind the scenes dialogue is probably far superior to anything he's ever been involved with, and he was probably emoting for once in his life. 

4 hours ago, jetophile said:

Thanks, will avoid until I can't. I wonder what the sexual harassment thing really boiled down to. The behind the scenes dialogue is probably far superior to anything he's ever been involved with, and he was probably emoting for once in his life. 

It's "Ordinary People" on downers.

I know that I'll get executed for this, but James Dean border-line blows. He wasn't very good .Annnnnd he pretty much gets accolades because he died in a car that was hit by a guy named Turnupspeed. 

I'll dissect 'Giant', if you like. I'll get pelted with rocks, but I'm not wrong. 

I'm very far behind on my movie watching but I finally saw Rogue One last night.  It was very meh IMO.  So far, I'm not very impressed with what Star Wars is doing and I really hope these movies get better. 

The New Hope part II was a total copy cat turd with a few wrinkles and a couple of cool scenes. 

Rogue One.  While entertaining and definitely different (everyone dying, no Jedi's) it was just a hodge podge of mashed together story lines that just didnt add up or make sense. The move felt rushed and conceptually kind of stupid.  Some cool tie ins but outside of that, it was very mediocre.  You could tell the Disney'ness to it too.  The only saving grace is Vader was a bad ass. 

• Upvote 1

Fug this comic movie book crap. 'It's Alive!' is one of the best things to ever hit celluloid. I mean, how do you pair a high-collared paisley shirt with a tweed jacket and pants pulled up to your neck and get away with it? Holee Sh it, hats off; and the entire movie is worth it for the fashion faint. Plus, the hooker who got her face ripped off was because she was wearing my old go-go boots. 

The Dad of the mutant picks up milk bottles and just can't deal with it as the mutant baby stalks him. None of this is explained in the end, and if the wife just breastfed crazy baby, it probably wouldn't have happened. There's another son who rocks a fukked up fro who later runs down the street flailing his arms around for no reason. Dad ruminates about the contents of the fridge, because that's what men do. I'm not fukking around - men open the fridge and stare at nothing. I mean, the same shi t was there yesterday, am I right? You know who you are. 

Anyway, I was highly disappointed that anyone would ever attempt to re-make this classic. But they did. I saw it. I cried for a week, but I managed to survive. 

Did anyone ever suffer through 'The Beach' with DiCaprio?  I like Tilda Swinton, but that is one flick where I almost resorted to buying a Ruger off the street - serial numbers scratched off, of course - and blowing my head off. The very idea of my local podunk PD trying to figure out if it was murder or suicide, now that's what I call a movie! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Did anyone ever suffer through 'The Beach' with DiCaprio?  I like Tilda Swinton, but that is one flick where I almost resorted to buying a Ruger off the street - serial numbers scratched off, of course - and blowing my head off. The very idea of my local podunk PD trying to figure out if it was murder or suicide, now that's what I call a movie! 

Awful flick. Did you ever notice how big  DiCAprio's head is?

On 4/18/2017 at 4:33 PM, peebag said:

I dare anyone to watch "The Love Witch" all the way through....I double dog dare you!

That movie has nothing on Melissa Sue Anderson in 'Midnight Offering'.  Haha, wasn't one of the girls from 'The Waltons' in that? I'm sure of it. lol

watched an old comedy from the late 70s i believe called used cars starring kurt russel. pretty decent for the time it was filmed, it still has a few laughs. also watched rocknrolla. i thought it was really good. very funny and never a dull moment. its a guy richie movie starring gerard butler, idris elba, tom hardy, tom wilkinson. im sure most of u have seen it but if not its entertaining. was never going to win any awards but a fun flick

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

watched an old comedy from the late 70s i believe called used cars starring kurt russel. pretty decent for the time it was filmed, it still has a few laughs. also watched rocknrolla. i thought it was really good. very funny and never a dull moment. its a guy richie movie starring gerard butler, idris elba, tom hardy, tom wilkinson. im sure most of u have seen it but if not its entertaining. was never going to win any awards but a fun flick

I remember liking that Kurt Russell flick.  Also dug RocknRolla when it came out.

Speaking of Russell movies, if you haven't seen it, check out Carpenter's version of The Thing.  Just awesome.  Snake Pliskin at the Antarctic.  lol