Movies We've Seen Thread

I, Tonya

Very entertaining, well acted, many parts flat out hilarious and some very depressing.

If you are old enough to remember and were interested in the whole scenario when it occurred it is def worth seeing.

Margot Robbie was terrific as Tonya.

Soundtrack had some great selections.

4 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

i usually agree with your movies reviews but that movie was trash lol. vince vaughn as a jason bourne like fighter, comon. 

That's the point dude. It's meant to be ridiculous. Do you think limbs just coming off at the seams like that are shot with any intention of realism in mind?

In a Valley of Violence was the kind of movie that made me really wonder which Farmiga sister I have a better shot with. It was not my favorite Ti West outing, still The Innkeepers, but the cast was excellent and everything else was solid enough. Obvious homage to John Wick in there, possibly others I forgot.

Super Dark Times is indeed super dark. 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, MDL_JET said:

Logan Lucky - Just a fun watch from start to end. If you like the Oceans 11 movies, then you'll enjoy this. The southern accents is one of the best parts of it. 

Wind River - Jeremy Renner kills it in this. Kinda moves slow but still kept me interested and the ending alone is worth it. 

Liked both movies.  Watched Wind River on the way to a Snowboarding trip in Wyoming.  That was a bad idea. 

13 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Another vote for the new Jumanji. well described above. Well paced and quite amusing. Johnson and Black playing parts that are opposite their physical appearances were both very good. 

Saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse this afternoon and of course the bottle of wine contributed to the enjoyment  

Love the Drafthouse, the picture and sound are just so much better there. And the overpriced food and drinks are pretty good too. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You know, the plot to Die Hard 2 doesn't make a lot of sense if it happens in 2017. Wifi on the planes means the passengers could easily communicate with the outside world, and then they just reroute the planes to Reagan and BWI. Boom. Done.

Ha

Would have saved McClane all that angst

Would make a good MST3000 thing today

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

The "rhythm" of how the flick was written, shot and edited is visionary.  Loved it from the first frame to the last.

One of my favorite scenes in any movie.  Especially the last minute.   The timing of the shots and the music...

• Sympathy 2

Jens Pulver: Driven

It's up on Prime. I haven't watched it in forever. Really might be the best MMA documentary ever done. Even if you're not a MMA fan, it's one hell of an emotional character study.

If you are a fan? I forgot how much of a throwback Jens was. You can make a case for him being the most underrated champion in UFC history. Such an insightful and classy guy too. With all the flash and sh*t talking that you see in the sport in this era, you look back on someone like Jens and it makes me sad. There are not a lot of guys left like him.

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

One of my favorite scenes in any movie.  Especially the last minute.   The timing of the shots and the music...

Great choice using "Hocus Pocus" for the scene.  Ebb and flow of this classic rocker adds so much to the intensity. Not sure how the director even did it.  But virtually every arm movement, or any other move (falls, gun shots, etc.), is on the beat.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great choice using "Hocus Pocus" for the scene.  Ebb and flow of this classic rocker adds so much to the intensity. Not sure how the director even did it.  But virtually every arm movement, or any other move (falls, gun shots, etc.), is on the beat.

I totally agree, it is insane how perfectly it is done.   True film making, not just a ton of CGI. 

• Sympathy 2

• 2 weeks later...

Recently saw 12 Strong, Den of Thieves, and Hostiles. All were pretty good in their own way. Den of Thieves was a new take on Heat, great gun fights, the sound design was fantastic, you could hear the bullet casings hitting the ground off to the side. Hostiles, Christian Bale was fantastic. I truly believe he envelops himself into his character, great performance.