Movies We've Seen Thread

I didn't love it. I think Gosling is a great actor, but watching him intentionally mug and mumble his way through this one got on my nerves about 45 minutes in. It's one of those films where you appreciate what it's trying to do artistically, but you can't get past the overt pretense.

That's what I liked about it though. They did it that way on purpose.

Also, I saw Contagion. Very well done and consciously realistic, which also made it kinda boring. If a huge viral outbreak were to occur, I'd imagine this is exactly how it would look. In a way, I'm almost glad they didn't shoehorn in some fugazi fix-everything protagonist, but as a result you never find one player to root for.

Never heard of it. Is that the new Taylor Lautner flick?

Sat through the preview of that flick. Could possibly contend for worst movie ever made. That they couldn't find footage of Lautner delivering even three or four credible lines was disturbing, but not as disturbing as seeing Sigourney Weaver having to play off him.

I will end up seeing Moneyball but I can't believe it is actually a movie. We are changing the game. If by changing the game you are referring to not winning championships then um, ok, you are changing the game.

Way to run an operation that is more cost-effective than the Brewers.

I will end up seeing Moneyball but I can't believe it is actually a movie. We are changing the game. If by changing the game you are referring to not winning championships then um, ok, you are changing the game.

Way to run an operation that is more cost-effective than the Brewers.

That was definitely a buzzkill in the movie--already knowing that he never wins. It was almost pathetic--at the end of the movie, they close it with some text coming up on the screen, saying "Two years later, the Red Sox would go on to win their first Workd Series since 1918, using the principles that Beane blah blah blah."

That was definitely a buzzkill in the movie--already knowing that he never wins. It was almost pathetic--at the end of the movie, they close it with some text coming up on the screen, saying "Two years later, the Red Sox would go on to win their first Workd Series since 1918, using the principles that Beane blah blah blah."

Did they really end it that way? OMG the Red Sox applied Sabermetrics and it told them they didn't need a closer. That lasted pretty long. And if Cashman used sabermetrics and spent 300 million along the way, would Beane get credit?

Comical. Comical I tell you.

I went alone. It was very, very sad.

I was in A\C by myself for work and had a gift card for the Pier Mall. Went over there for dinner and went the that Phillips Seafood place. Said screw it, I will eat dinner by myself. It was early actually, around 3:30 or 4pm and was empty. Sure enough they sit me at a table right in between two couples. And the tables were close, it was awkward especially since there were like 40 empty tables all around us.

I was in A\C by myself for work and had a gift card for the Pier Mall. Went over there for dinner and went the that Phillips Seafood place. Said screw it, I will eat dinner by myself. It was early actually, around 3:30 or 4pm and was empty. Sure enough they sit me at a table right in between two couples. And the tables were close, it was awkward especially since there were like 40 empty tables all around us.

That's the most depressing story I've ever heard. When I go out to dinner alone, I sit at the bar and tell people I'm a long-haul trucker out of Phoenix.

Did they really end it that way? OMG the Red Sox applied Sabermetrics and it told them they didn't need a closer. That lasted pretty long. And if Cashman used sabermetrics and spent 300 million along the way, would Beane get credit?

Comical. Comical I tell you.

Some of it was tough to take. Scott Hatteberg, David Justice, etc. Played a lot more like a serious "Major League" than it could have. They clearly romanticized it up for the general population. Not a bad movie, though. Pitt was good. Jonah Hill was decent.

That's the most depressing story I've ever heard. When I go out to dinner alone, I sit at the bar and tell people I'm a long-haul trucker out of Phoenix.

That is the most depressing story you ever heard? My parents gave me a gift card for the Pier Mall and I used it for a dinner that I will expense. It is almost like money laundering. Once the rest of the league catches up to my methods they will make a movie about me. Max's Balls (working title).

That is the most depressing story you ever heard? My parents gave me a gift card for the Pier Mall and I used it for a dinner that I will expense. It is almost like money laundering. Once the rest of the league catches up to my methods they will make a movie about me. Max's Balls (working title).

I'll inform Kevin James to keep his schedule clear.

• Upvote 1

I'll inform Kevin James to keep his schedule clear.

I am doing an interview with him next week. Have to meet him in his hotel. That reminds me I have to bring a free t-shirt for him.

And the way things are going for me these days, Kevin James would turn down the part because of the amount of weight he would need to gain.

I am doing an interview with him next week. Have to meet him in his hotel. That reminds me I have to bring a free t-shirt for him.

And the way things are going for me these days, Kevin James would turn down the part because of the amount of weight he would need to gain.

Name-dropper.