Movies We've Seen Thread

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Ultimate Edition of BvS is great. If you loathed the theatrical version I'm not sure if it'll sway your opinion, but for what it's worth this is the only version that should be watched going forward. And I do believe that though people still would have been critical of it, had Warners had released this version I don't think it would have been nearly as vitriolic. 

This.  The Ultimate edition is so much better paced and flows.  Even though it is longer, it didnt feel longer because it was cut and paced better.  Some of the actions of the characters make more sense, felt Supes got so added screen time that was needed.  Really reminded me of the Watchmen directors cut.

39 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

There is a movie out named 'Equals', about a society from which all emotion has been removed. In what might be the most inspired casting of all time, it stars Kristen Stewart. 

Hmmm?  I saw one like that with Christian Bale.  Can't remember name.  Emotions were punished.  Real cool.  

equilibrium-movie-poster.jpg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I ******* love that movie. 

I did the 130 a.m can't sleep thing and put it on to fall asleep to.  I was pleasantly surprised and impressed.  Post apocalyptic movies of any type do it for me.  Zombies to totalitarian regime movies .  Love that genre.  

12 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

This.  The Ultimate edition is so much better paced and flows.  Even though it is longer, it didnt feel longer because it was cut and paced better.  Some of the actions of the characters make more sense, felt Supes got so added screen time that was needed.  Really reminded me of the Watchmen directors cut.

Is it R for more violence, or for language, or what?  Can a 13 year old see it?  He's fine with a little more action, but depends on where the rating comes from.

No, I will not let him watch Deadpool

35 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Is it R for more violence, or for language, or what?  Can a 13 year old see it?  He's fine with a little more action, but depends on where the rating comes from.

There is a little more violence, for example you see some more blood in scenes.  There is one F bomb I noticed and oh yea, you see Afflecks ass in the shower. Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

50 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

There is a little more violence, for example you see some more blood in scenes.  There is one F bomb I noticed and oh yea, you see Afflecks ass in the shower. Lol

Yeah. It's just a little bit of everything. If he could handle the theatrical version the Ultimate is fine. For the most part the extra scenes just make the plot a lot smoother for the viewer. 

Big fan of the bonus features as well. I am thoroughly looking forward to Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

• Upvote 1

Just saw Batman v. Superman for the first time last night. Watched the theatrical version. Maybe its because I had such low expectations going in, but I enjoyed it. It certainly wasn't nearly as bad as its 27% Rotten Tomatoes score would suggest. 

I liked the storyline and I like how they set up Justice League. 

I also want to see more of Affleck as Batman because he was easily the most interesting part of the movie not named Wonder Woman. 

5 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Just saw Batman v. Superman for the first time last night. Watched the theatrical version. Maybe its because I had such low expectations going in, but I enjoyed it. It certainly wasn't nearly as bad as its 27% Rotten Tomatoes score would suggest. 

I also want to see more of Affleck as Batman because he was easily the most interesting part of the movie not named Wonder Woman. 

It was better than a 27.   People just started piling on for whatever reason. 

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah. It's just a little bit of everything. If he could handle the theatrical version the Ultimate is fine. For the most part the extra scenes just make the plot a lot smoother for the viewer. 

Big fan of the bonus features as well. I am thoroughly looking forward to Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Watched the ultimate version last night - (be forewarned - 3 hours long) but it really held up - can't imagine what they left out of the theatrical version.

Maybe it's the inner John Carpenter Stan inside of me, but I have become a shamlessly DGAF fan of The Purge franchise. I love the premise and the movies have been well done. That said, I caught the new one last night and the first two were clearly better. There were some flat out corny characters and awfully cliche exchanges of dialogue in this one. The action is dope and they set the stage well for the next one, so whatever. An entertaining hour and a half nonetheless with some very cool new concepts incorporated (i.e. Purge Tourism), but I'm confused why this one has higher critics scores than the 2nd one. Anarchy was clearly better IMO.

I'll also say that this world they've created is ripe for web shorts and maybe even some TV. So many possibilities for little stories here and there.

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2016 at 5:53 PM, munchmemory said:

You see Hardy in "Legend"?  Wow what a performance(s).

Tom Hardy in Bronson is epic. Legend is pretty solid too.

I watched The Revenant the other night. I loved it. My wife and I were talking, and I found myself explaining to her that everyone got it wrong... it's not about Leo's character. The film is about a sociopath, and the trail of havoc he wreaks on those in his path. Leo was great, I get it. The movie's not about him though, he just has the most screen time. The movie is really about Hardy's character.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Tom Hardy in Bronson is epic. Legend is pretty solid too.

I watched The Revenant the other night. I loved it. My wife and I were talking, and I found myself explaining to her that everyone got it wrong... it's not about Leo's character. The film is about a sociopath, and the trail of havoc he wreaks on those in his path. Leo was great, I get it. The movie's not about him though, he just has the most screen time. The movie is really about Hardy's character.

Gotta admit I did not think of the flick being driven by Fitzgerald.  Makes a lot of sense.  Now I want to watch it again.  Well done.

+1 to all positive comments towards the ultimate BvS. It is just a better, more coherent movie that only feels like 3 hours during the short Martha lull. Luthor becomes a more legitimate, comic book-y villain and you even get hints how the saga can be a little lighter without sucking moving forward just based around Eisenberg's performance. Both Kent and Superman get a boost, but I definitely feel Luthor is the one who gained the most as a character.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

I watched the new Independence Day movie.

Wow.   It was beyond awful.   Truly one of the worst things I have ever seen.

You knew it was going to be bad when even Will Smith didn't want anything to do with it. 

Midnight Special is so god damn good. Lives up to every ounce of hype. For the second year in a row  we've been littered with some pretty huge budget scifi flicks and in comes another low budget flick with a great director (alluding to Ex Machina last year) and showing the genre how it's done.

so I saw the BFG with my 10 year old son, who had read the book.  I really liked that there was no gun violence, and only one attempted punch, but it is blocked.  The problem is resolved more or less peacefully

couple of good laughs.  good old fashioned plot with one or two sidetracks to keep it fresh

the BFG's face is so lifelike and real I wonder if actors will be out of work in 10 years

The Extended version of BvsS is sick!!!! I loved the movie.  Dont care what anyone else says.

Another movie liked and dont care what everyone else says, Maze Runner.  I felt like guilty liking it but I did.  So, I liked it enough to watch the second one,  Scorched Trials.  OMG - what a piece of sh*t.  It's soooooooooooooo ******* bad.  Like Fantastic 4 terrible.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Extended version of BvsS is sick!!!! I loved the movie.  Dont care what anyone else says.

Another movie liked and dont care what everyone else says, Maze Runner.  I felt like guilty liking it but I did.  So, I liked it enough to watch the second one,  Scorched Trials.  OMG - what a piece of sh*t.  It's soooooooooooooo ******* bad.  Like Fantastic 4 terrible.

Yup.

Read the books with my son, went to the movies.  Second one was so bad, just, no interest in ever seeing or talking about the franchise again.

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Yup.

Read the books with my son, went to the movies.  Second one was so bad, just, no interest in ever seeing or talking about the franchise again.

lol - i didnt read the books.  Just stumbled on the movie, had low expectations and found myself enjoying the first one.  There was enough of a cliff hanger for me to want to see the 2nd and wow.  Just wow.  That was some awful sh*t. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2016 at 9:45 AM, Thor99 said:

You knew it was going to be bad when even Will Smith didn't want anything to do with it. 

Math-Embarrassment from appearing in this POS > size of check for appearing in this POS.  

Wonder how big the check is for BonJovi to appear in those "power to turn back time"DirecTv ads, as if "Deadliest Catch"(I show I watch every week) running for more than a  decade wasn't enough. They are kind of clever, and lots of rock guys give their songs for ads, movies and shows.Heard Pete Townsend explain his Serbian plumber knew nothing about him nor the Who, but knew his music from "CSI" reruns growing up.   And really if someone is gonna monetize your work and popularize it at the same time, hard to argue with. Especially so since with file sharing and downloading paying artists peanuts there is no such thing really as a record deal. It's not easy to make much money unless you tour all the time.