Braylon Edwards in minor car accident

glenn31

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-car-accident/

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT

New York Jets v New England Patriots Getty Images

Jets receiver Braylon Edwards was involved in a minor car accident in Detroit early this morning. He was not seriously hurt.

Local 4 reports that Edwards, who is from Detroit and was a star at Michigan, crashed his car on Belle Isle. Police said Edwards was driving too fast. They do not think he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Edwards lost control of his 2011 Audi at about 3:40 a.m., drove onto the grass and struck a pylon.

Edwards had a 25-year-old male passenger in the car. He was also not seriously hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-car-accident/

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT

New York Jets v New England Patriots Getty Images

Jets receiver Braylon Edwards was involved in a minor car accident in Detroit early this morning. He was not seriously hurt.

Local 4 reports that Edwards, who is from Detroit and was a star at Michigan, crashed his car on Belle Isle. Police said Edwards was driving too fast. They do not think he was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

The Detroit Free Press reports that Edwards lost control of his 2011 Audi at about 3:40 a.m., drove onto the grass and struck a pylon.

Edwards had a 25-year-old male passenger in the car. He was also not seriously hurt.

Was he over the legal limit?

braylon.jpg

The Detroit Free Press is reporting that Braylon Edwards was involved in a minor car accident this morning.  Normally this wouldn’t be news worthy as it was reported that this was a minor fender bender and alcohol was not involved.  It does receive extra attention though because he is a free agent and he had a drunk driving incident last year.

Edwards, a wide receiver for the New York Jets, lost control of his 2011 Audi at about 3:40 a.m., drove onto the grass and struck a pylon, police said.

Edwards, police said, had a male passenger in the car. Neither was injured.

Stan Edwards, Braylon’s father and also a former U-M player, told the Free Press his son is OK.

“He’s fine,” Edwards said this afternoon. “It amounted to a fender bender. No one was injured.”

What do you think Jet Nation?  Does this impact your thoughts on bringing him back for this season?  The Santonio Holmes Braylon Edwards debate rages on.  You can read more about this accident and comment on our NY Jets forum.

di</img>di</img>

pLC0Dvz-pEQ

View the full article

Funny, we were just talking about who's the bigger liability between Holmes and Edwards. I think this would lean to Edwards. Speeding around and losing control of his car.... what if he got injured?

Funny, we were just talking about who's the bigger liability between Holmes and Edwards. I think this would lean to Edwards. Speeding around and losing control of his car.... what if he got injured?

Ok then whats your plan? Lets put all the NYJETS players in bubbles. You can get injured crossing the street, give me a break. :rolleyes:

This just further supports my theory that they're both dipsh*ts.

It just so happens Holmes' brand of dipsh*ttiness results in significant suspensions, while Edwards' results in him looking like a dipsh*t.

Because none of you have ever gone over the speed limit before. *rollseyes*

I don't ever speed anymore. Once I refused to sign Oprah's no texting\driving pledge I said hell if I am going to crash it will be safer if I am driving slow.

Because no one ever got killed speeding before. :rolleyes:

Wow, Week 2 really WAS a long time ago.

Are you telling me that every single time you drive you're below the speed limit? You've never done 60 in a 55? Bullsh*t.

N

It just so happens Holmes' brand of dipsh*ttiness results in significant suspensions, while Edwards' results in him looking like a dipsh*t.

holmes hasn't done anything suspension worthy for a long time. Maybe he's grown up, maybe he hasn't.

Edwards never stopped doing dumb things.

holmes hasn't done anything suspension worthy for a long time. Maybe he's grown up, maybe he hasn't.

Edwards never stopped doing dumb things.

Here we go again. Holmes was suspended four games last year (as far as growing up, upon return he repeatedly stated he will continue to act in the same manner that caused his suspension. so much for that, huh?). I'm not sure how that was all that long ago considering that was as recently as he could have been suspended. Edwards hasn't done anything suspension worthy ever, although he is still clearly a giant dipsh*t.

Is it really THAT hard for you to admit that they both clearly have issues? It's ok for you to like a player and be capable of admitting they're imperfect you know. At least this time it's a little less absurd than when you did it with DRob, but there's still a line.

Holmes is the thug. Braylon has obviously been framed.

Santonio's last transgression was what... last April?

Braylon Edwards last transgression was last night.

Of course, of course. It makes sense in Bitontiland that a minor car accident with no alcohol involved, no tickets issued, while it's raining, constitutes a transgression. Oh noez, he was out late! The high horsers in this thread remind me of the time when Mad Dog tried arguing that Duaner Sanchez got what he deserved for being injured in a car crash late at night, even though he was just getting a sandwich or something.

Santonio's last transgression was what... last April?

Braylon Edwards last transgression was last night.

Braylon is acting like a dumb 20 something year old with lots of money...

Santonio acts more like a dumb thug.

Santonio also quits on the field.

Of course, of course. It makes sense in Bitontiland that a minor car accident with no alcohol involved, no tickets issued, while it's raining, constitutes a transgression. Oh noez, he was out late! The high horsers in this thread remind me of the time when Mad Dog tried arguing that Duaner Sanchez got what he deserved for being injured in a car crash late at night, even though he was just getting a sandwich or something.

Braylon Edwards is a corporation on 2 legs. He should be doing things that minimize risk. showing off his sportscar's capabilities, even dead sober, at quarter to 4 in the AM is not a responsible action.

there are alot of NFL players with sports cars and money, they don't all act like jackasses.

You can call it Bitonti-land but this man is clearly not a sound investment. He's not doing smart things before the big contract, what will he do after it?

in the end no one has to agree with me. This is what's gonna happen. the Jets will sign Santonio and let Braylon walk. Don't be surprised.

The most surprising thing I've learned through reading this thread is that Braylon Edwards has officially achieved "scrappy Caucasian" status. You. Go. Braylon. You may now date my sister.

Helluva a teammate too! Amirite??

HE BLOCKS REAL GOOD HE LOVE DA TEAM NOT LIKE DAT WEED SMOKIN THUG WIT DA BIG WEINER

Archived