Braylon Edwards in minor car accident

glenn31

Because none of you have ever gone over the speed limit before. *rollseyes*

I'm a complete and total whackjob behind the wheel. My basic speed in traffic on the highway is 85, and I kick it up when some crazy a$$hole thinks he has the right to go faster than me. What are these people thinking?

But I've never gone so fast as to lose control of my own car on a lonely road at 3AM.

I know you're a Braylon fan - I am, too - but this incident hurts him. It piggybacks his previous DUI, and represents poor judgment on his part when he's in a position to get a big payday. How's he going to behave once he pockets a big signing bonus? That's what NFL execs will be asking themselves now. Maybe this works in the Jets' favor. Definitely doesn't work in Edwards'.

Braylon Edwards is a corporation on 2 legs. He should be doing things that minimize risk. showing off his sportscar's capabilities, even dead sober, at quarter to 4 in the AM is not a responsible action.

there are alot of NFL players with sports cars and money, they don't all act like jackasses.

You can call it Bitonti-land but this man is clearly not a sound investment. He's not doing smart things before the big contract, what will he do after it?

in the end no one has to agree with me. This is what's gonna happen. the Jets will sign Santonio and let Braylon walk. Don't be surprised.

Well if it means anything, I agree with you. Edwards ought to have enough sense to get a car service every night he goes out with the endless money he's made and even more that he stands to make.

Braylon's off-field judgments like this will not improve after he gets his next megadeal signed.

He's a friggin' meathead.

I don't ever speed anymore. Once I refused to sign Oprah's no texting\driving pledge I said hell if I am going to crash it will be safer if I am driving slow.

lol I multiquote 3 things but only Max shows up...I think Max did that on purpose.

I barely even drive now. After gas passed $4 a gallon it became cheaper to use public transportation, even though that means I commute about 4 hours a day round trip. NY speed limits are stupid though, they are 1970s relics. The limit should be 80, although 75 is fine. The thing is it depends on weather conditions.

Driving at 80 on dry, clean roads during the day is much safer than driving 55 through a rainstorm or with ice/water on the road in winter. On the southern states, especially on the interstates, the limit is 75, 65-70 generally off the interstates on regular highways. NY's 55 is nonsensical and a result of I guess a populace that seems to think that's a good speed. It's not grounded on science or safety imo.

But we don't know if Braylon was even speeding. "Too fast" can still be legal.

Also if you are going to speed imo 3 AM on a deserted road is the best time to do it, as it's far less likely to injure someone that way. Speed limits are supposed to for road conditions and for traffic, if there's nobody around you and the conditions are great, anybody under maybe 60 (and the sexist in me says who is also male) should be able to safely travel at least 20 about NY posted limits (and in fact most people do travel around that usually, if the area doesn't have state troopers or anything).

Ultimately this could be good for us. Maybe it drops his value some more! I still think Santonio is the riskier of the two and brings less to the table. People seem to forget that Santonio has never had a better season than Braylon's breakout season a few years ago. They both only have 1 season with over 1k yards receiving. Braylon has that 16 TD season, Holmes high is half that at 8. This league is full of guys that can get 1 year out of 5 with 1k yards and manage 5-8 TDs. I don't know why you'd break the bank on either guy, but if you can only pick 1 of the 2, take the guy that can get 16 TDs with frickin' whatshisface throwing the ball to him (I don't think he even is in the league anymore) vs a guy that can't even manage 1k yards reliably with an SB winning pro bowl QB.

Holmes is not that good. Braylon is unproven and has more potential. Neither of these guys should be getting big money, and Holmes especially is totally replaceable. Hell that's why the Steelers just chucked him, Mike Wallace is actually already better than him. Wallace already beat Holmes' best season in only his second year playing with the same QB. And that's with said RapistQB missing the first several games.

IMO neither guy should be getting over say $8M a year, with it being closer to $6M. I don't see why you can't fit both guys in for that. I don't know why you'd feel you'd need to either. Sign Braylon for around that, and then pick up Randy Moss for like $2M. Then look for one of the other WRs to start stepping up, or maybe just let Cotchery replace Holmes production of roughly 800 yards and 5 TDs...Cotchery used to get around that before Holmes came on anyway. Plus it always seems like when we're desperate we throw to Cotch or Braylon and demand they bail us out on 3rd and long.

Well if it means anything, I agree with you. Edwards ought to have enough sense to get a car service every night he goes out with the endless money he's made and even more that he stands to make.

Braylon's off-field judgments like this will not improve after he gets his next megadeal signed.

Just to be clear when you say you agree with bitoni, does that include the theory that because Braylon gets himself into trouble, it turns Holmes into a sinless choir boy who has never nor will never do any wrong in his career or life as a whole?

Also if you are going to speed imo 3 AM on a deserted road is the best time to do it, as it's far less likely to injure someone that way. Speed limits are supposed to for road conditions and for traffic

that's partly true but what about the speeds the road was built to sustain?

The AutoBahn has extremely high level of quality, some back road in USA is probably speed tested for 65 mph tops.

every highway in the country has a rating of what amount of traffic it can reasonably expect to transfer and the max speeds. Higher speeds mean extra quality, guardrails, more repair, better surface etc.

Just to be clear when you say you agree with bitoni, does that include the theory that because Braylon gets himself into trouble, it turns Holmes into a sinless choir boy who has never nor will never do any wrong in his career or life as a whole?

1. he didn't say he agreed with me

2. if you are gonna misquote me and make up sh*t you think I said, at least spell my name right.

Driving over the speed limit, and losing control of your car are 2 different things. Maybe he's just not focused. I live in Jersey where it's standard to drive 10 over the speed limit. Not once has it ever caused me to lose control of my car. They didn't mention the weather conditions or anything like that, but the fact of the matter is that if you lose control of your car with no other cars on the road you aren't paying attention 99% of the time.

1. he didn't say he agreed with me

Holy sh*t, this is hilarious. I know you're not big on acknowledging facts, but this is taking it too far even for you. Just to recap, here is the post I quoted where you claim he didn't say he agreed with you. Keep in mind, this post of his was quoting you.

2. if you are gonna misquote me and make up sh*t you think I said, at least spell my name right.

When did I claim to quote you? And if I didn't, how exactly did I misquote you then? The latter is literally impossible without the former. I was obviously mocking you for your asinine theory that somehow anytime Edwards does anything it completely absolves Holmes of everything he's ever done. This is of course despite the fact that the NFL has made it abundantly clear that they take much greater issue with Holmes troubles. Does that clear it up, bitonti?

Any chance home boy was drinking and got a free pass from the PD being as its his home town and all that..?

I mean what the fock is "appears he wasnt drinking" supposed to mean anyway?

Those were my thoughts...it wouldnt surprise me.

Archived