Rookie UDFA's

Integrity28

Would really love to see Herzlich sign here. He was offered by the Ravens, but he's reportedly keeping his options open. No doubt the Giants have him on the phone, with Coughlin's BC connection.

He announced on Twitter that he's officially a Giant

He announced on Twitter that he's officially a Giant

Yup that sucks. I also really don't understand the reasoning of some of these UDFAs choices, Tom Coughlin is a lame duck coach why would any UDFA with other options sign there when its very likely the coach who likes them now will be gone in the future? Another strange decision was Noel Devine going to Atlanta when they drafted the very similar Jaquizz Rodgers in the 5th round.

I always get more excited about UDFA's than I should, but this year is going to be particularly tough for any of these guys to break thru without all the OTA/mini-camp work they usually get.

I always get more excited about UDFA's than I should, but this year is going to be particularly tough for any of these guys to break thru without all the OTA/mini-camp work they usually get.

Any of these guys who want to have a chance will have to be absolutely stellar on special teams. There's going to be little, if any, room to catch on anywhere else on rosters.

Quick google search shows Julian Posey as a good athlete his times were good, but I don't think they came from the combine so buyer beware. Didn't see to have much success as Ohio's pass D was very poor. He can evidently return kicks.

Davon Morgan is a small, slow safety that had almost no picks. OTOH, he was a long term starter at a top program (Virginia Tech).

http://www.nyjetsdraft.com/2011/07/jets-rookie-free-agent-signings/

im really liking these signings. Courtney Smith could be another TO he's that kind of athlete.

Nick bellore is a perfect 3-4 LB project. zane taylor has a real shot at backup OC. baker and Franklin obviously there's an opening for another blocking TE. and Davon Morgan ain't that bad. posey from Ohio has speed. this might be the best UDFA crop we've seen the Jets get for years... and it's not done

here's what I said about Courtney Smith after Monday's practice at Senior Bowl, granted he had a down Tuesday but he looked awesome on Monday. Huge potential

South Alabama wide receiver Courtney Smith is the first player ever from his school to be invited to the Senior Bowl. However he certainly wasn't wide-eyed as Smith played like a big school veteran. Tall, cagey and sure-handed, Smith made several big plays, and showed impressive run-after-catch ability. As with all the wide receivers and cornerbacks, his timed speed will dictate draft value, but he has a knack for getting open and looked big-time to this observer. We wonder what is stock would be like were he wearing a helmet from a traditional football factory.

http://draftdaddy.com/features/senior_2011.htm

im really liking these signings. Courtney Smith could be another TO he's that kind of athlete.

Nick bellore is a perfect 3-4 LB project. zane taylor has a real shot at backup OC. baker and Franklin obviously there's an opening for another blocking TE. and Davon Morgan ain't that bad. posey from Ohio has speed. this might be the best UDFA crop we've seen the Jets get for years... and it's not done

here's what I said about Courtney Smith after Monday's practice at Senior Bowl, granted he had a down Tuesday but he looked awesome on Monday. Huge potential

Courtney Smith ran in the 4.6s, but I read that he had bad starts on both pro day runs and they felt with a decent start he'd have been in the 4.5s. Interesting kid. Was separated from his parents during Katrina and had some academic troubles that bounced him from school to school. He was a late addition to the Senior Bowl and there is a youtube some friend or family memeber must have posted of close ups on him. Just blocking, but he looks huge.

You also had a nice senior bowl note on Bilal Powell right below the Courtney Smith item.

Archived