Jets still targetting Randy Moss

Jetsfan80

Jets consider Randy Moss

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 27, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT

AP

With a contract for receiver Santonio Holmes done, the Jets are now looking at signing another wide receiver: Randy Moss.

Oh, how I wish Hard Knocks could give us another inside look at the New York Jets this summer.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Jets may not be able to afford Braylon Edwards after signing Holmes, and now Moss is one of the other options the Jets are considering.

Moss would certainly fit with the philosophy of Rex Ryan, who seems just as happy assembling a roster of guys who are characters as guys who have character. Ryan doesn’t shy away from brash veterans with talent, and Moss is that.

The biggest question about Moss is whether he still has the blazing speed that made him such a great threat for much of his career. The 34-year-old Moss didn’t do much while playing for three teams last season.

We’ve been talking about the Jets’ potential interest in Moss for months, and in May Jets owner Woody Johnson said, “There’s no question that Randy Moss has the capability, has the God-given talent to be a superstar.”

If Moss could regain his superstar form in New York, it would be a sight to behold.

as of now we have enough for braylon, if they are lookin into moss that must mean we are looking at corners.. ur aso, florence, buchannon.. poor poor kyle wilson...

so if we bring in randy moss, theirs probably better news being heard before it

Honestly, you gotta take all these reports with a grain of salt. With the way Tanny and the Jets have been so active and turn over every stone during this whole process the past few years, they are obviously going to be "linked" to almost every player. Even if the agent just calls Tanny to ask what the interest is, and then reports to the media that he's "been in contact" with the Jets just to drive up price/interest....Doesnt mean we're really actively pursuing him. I know as fans of this team for more than 10 years, it takes some time for us getting used to, but over the past couple years the Jets are known around the league as being a team players want to play for. So if any player in FA has the Jets "inerested", maybe other teams will pony up more cash to prevent him from going to the Jets for the same amount. I at least supsect thats the hope of the agents of some of these players reportedly in contact with the Jets.

Honestly, you gotta take all these reports with a grain of salt. With the way Tanny and the Jets have been so active and turn over every stone during this whole process the past few years, they are obviously going to be "linked" to almost every player. Even if the agent just calls Tanny to ask what the interest is, and then reports to the media that he's "been in contact" with the Jets just to drive up price/interest....Doesnt mean we're really actively pursuing him. I know as fans of this team for more than 10 years, it takes some time for us getting used to, but over the past couple years the Jets are known around the league as being a team players want to play for. So if any player in FA has the Jets "inerested", maybe other teams will pony up more cash to prevent him from going to the Jets for the same amount. I at least supsect thats the hope of the agents of some of these players reportedly in contact with the Jets.

Good point, except that no one is competing for Randy Moss's services right now except MAYBE New England. I doubt we're doing this to drive Moss's cost up. We're probably doing it to drive Braylon's value DOWN.

Good point, except that no one is competing for Randy Moss's services right now except MAYBE New England.

Literally any other team you could have thrown out there as a wild guess would have been better. That's the one place he's definitely not going.

If randy moss joins the Jets I will be very sad. The worst part is that the media thinks it's realistic, when they'd be stupid as hell to sign him unless they really do pay almost nothing. I think they need to work on signing Edwards FIRST. Restructure the contracts, do what needs to be done. I have faith in Tanny that he won't resort to some over the hill hasbeen for our offense.

If randy moss joins the Jets I will be very sad. The worst part is that the media thinks it's realistic, when they'd be stupid as hell to sign him unless they really do pay almost nothing. I think they need to work on signing Edwards FIRST. Restructure the contracts, do what needs to be done. I have faith in Tanny that he won't resort to some over the hill hasbeen for our offense.

Will he run-block? Nope. I'll pass, thanks.

Wrong

Jets and Braylon Edwards have broke off talks... He will play elsewhere next season

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 7/27/11 1:20 PM

Think that's Braylons agent

I would hope that Braylon's agent would use better grammar than that.

Braylon Edwards is our next signing.

I sincerely hope so. Moss is an old one trick pony. While he obvious;y has value, Braylon is a friggin Jet ! Someone who wants to be here and is young. I'm a little sick over all this moss talk

Archived