Kyle Orton Named Starter

JustInFudge

WTF is going on there? First Tebow's the starter, then Orton is on the trading block, now Orton is the starter. Are they trying to generate more interest in Orton? Do they really think he gives them the best chance to win?

I'm just confused. This isnt an agenda either. I'm not one of those alums that love every single Gator grad in the NFL. In fact, quite the opposite. But doesnt Tim deserve the shot? He gave the team a spark and I think exceeded everyones expectations. I always said, never bet against the kid, but I also know he's not from the NFL mold of a QB...but the kid played well and the offense was fine from a scoring perspective.

Orton was 3-10 last season and 8-7 the year before. I realize their defense is bad and he was playing well, but arent you kind of already ****ed if you are relying on Kyle Orton? So why not give the kid that you gave up an arm and a leg for in the draft a shot?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JiF, hands down Orton gives the Broncos the best chance to win. Right now Tebow is not an NFL caliber QB.

The players would have revolted if Orton had been traded.

Meh, he was no better or worse than Orton and he was 3 games deep into his career.

Its like settling for hovering around 500 or going boom or bust. It's not like it's a risk they can't afford. They gave up a ton to get him.

Orton is a better player than he's given credit for. I think because it's he's just because he's a sloppy looking guy who throws a sloppy looking ball - but in the end he gets it there. I, for one, was very happy that the talks involving him going to Miami were scuttled. If Sanchez can get his numbers up close to Orton's the last few years - @ 60% comp, 7ypa, 2:1 TD:int ratio - I think we'd all be pretty happy around here.

There's no doubt in my mind that he gives Denver the best chance to win. I still don't understand spending a first rounder on Tebow. I don't know if he'll ever be an NFL QB. He's like putting a FB in to run the wildcat.

Meh, he was no better or worse than Orton and he was 3 games deep into his career.

Its like settling for hovering around 500 or going boom or bust. It's not like it's a risk they can't afford. They gave up a ton to get him.

Reports out of Broncos camp have Tebow looking lost and not able to even figure out line calls.

He's losing the backup job to Brady Quinn.

The current regime in Denver has nothing invested in Tebow. Elway and Fox weren't there when Joshie McDaniel banked his career on Timmy.

Orton is a better player than he's given credit for. I think because it's he's just because he's a sloppy looking guy who throws a sloppy looking ball - but in the end he gets it there. I, for one, was very happy that the talks involving him going to Miami were scuttled. If Sanchez can get his numbers up close to Orton's the last few years - @ 60% comp, 7ypa, 2:1 TD:int ratio - I think we'd all be pretty happy around here.

There's no doubt in my mind that he gives Denver the best chance to win. I still don't understand spending a first rounder on Tebow. I don't know if he'll ever be an NFL QB. He's like putting a FB in to run the wildcat.

This sound like a Chad Pennington argument. The guy was 3-10 last year. He's never going to be anything.

Tebow played really well once he got the chance and at least is an inspiring figure.

The current regime in Denver has nothing invested in Tebow. Elway and Fox weren't there when Joshie McDaniel banked his career on Timmy.

Neither does Orton. The flip side is that it makes more sense to give him a chance because if he fails, they were just giving their investment a chance.

This sound like a Chad Pennington argument. The guy was 3-10 last year. He's never going to be anything.

Tebow played really well once he got the chance and at least is an inspiring figure.

Neither does Orton. The flip side is that it makes more sense to give him a chance because if he fails, they were just giving their investment a chance.

He really didn't play all that well. His best game was against the worst pass defense in the league.

The Broncos defense was arguably the worst defense in the NFL last year, giving up over 29 ppg. The only offense in the NFL that averaged more than Denver gave up was New England. Pretty much every other QB in the league would have a losing record teamed up with that defense.

Josh McDaniels is an egotistical douchebag who thought he could take all the inspiration that is St. Timmy and turn it into an NFL QB. There's no one left in Denver who feels the need to turn this guy into an NFL QB. John Elway's in charge now, and he likes QB's who actually play QB.

And, frankly, the Chad Penningtons of the world have their place. If Orton can provide some decent stability at QB while they shore up the many areas of the team that need help, he'll be doing a solid job there. It would be impossible to even evaluate Tebow in that mess. And on a team with a defense that bad, you need a QB who can throw downfield - not a QB who can run the wishbone.

He really didn't play all that well. His best game was against the worst pass defense in the league.

He played pretty F'ing good for his first 3 starts. And Orton got benched after going 2 straight games without producing a TD. And his final game he threw 3 picks against the Cardinals. They were on a 4 games losing streak, with one good performance squeezed in there.

The Broncos defense was arguably the worst defense in the NFL last year, giving up over 29 ppg. The only offense in the NFL that averaged more than Denver gave up was New England. Pretty much every other QB in the league would have a losing record teamed up with that defense.

Josh McDaniels is an egotistical douchebag who thought he could take all the inspiration that is St. Timmy and turn it into an NFL QB. There's no one left in Denver who feels the need to turn this guy into an NFL QB. John Elway's in charge now, and he likes QB's who actually play QB.

And, frankly, the Chad Penningtons of the world have their place. If Orton can provide some decent stability at QB while they shore up the many areas of the team that need help, he'll be doing a solid job there. It would be impossible to even evaluate Tebow in that mess. And on a team with a defense that bad, you need a QB who can throw downfield - not a QB who can run the wishbone.

The offense was fine with Tim Tebow at the helm. He played well and they scored pts.

Orton is the mush. John Elway knows that.

He played pretty F'ing good for his first 3 starts. And Orton got benched after going 2 straight games without producing a TD. And his final game he threw 3 picks against the Cardinals. They were on a 4 games losing streak, with one good performance squeezed in there.

The offense was fine with Tim Tebow at the helm. He played well and they scored pts.

Orton is the mush. John Elway knows that.

Dude, if Sanchez played like that you'd be killing him.

You're a Gator homer who is gay for Tebow. Just admit it.

Dude, if Sanchez played like that you'd be killing him.

You're a Gator homer who is gay for Tebow. Just admit it.

**** you, you know thats not the case.

Tebow threw for 300 yards in his second start...dont care what defense he faced, Mark faced them too...Mark has throw for over 300 twice, and it took him 20 games, and an overtime to do it the first time.

In 3 games as a starter, Tebow threw for 654 yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT's...he also added, 200 yards on the ground, with 3 rushing TD's...one that was a game winnner.

Ironically, very similar numbers to Sanchez's first 3 games. Except for the rushing yards obviously and amount of passing yards..and Mark was 3-0 but on a much much much better team.

Either way, thats not the point...the point is Orton is doodoo and you dont know what Tebow is.

**** you, you know thats not the case.

Tebow threw for 300 yards in his second start...dont care what defense he faced, Mark faced them too...Mark has throw for over 300 twice, and it took him 20 games, and an overtime to do it the first time.

In 3 games as a starter, Tebow threw for 654 yards, 4 TD's, 3 INT's...he also added, 200 yards on the ground, with 3 rushing TD's...one that was a game winnner.

Ironically, very similar numbers to Sanchez's first 3 games. Except for the rushing yards obviously and amount of passing yards..and Mark was 3-0 but on a much much much better team.

Either way, thats not the point...the point is Orton is doodoo and you dont know what Tebow is.

I know Tebow couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.

I know Tebow couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if his life depended on it.

Dont have a better come back.

Then I take it, even you being the biggest Tebow hater I know, is impressed that he put up 850 total yards and 7 Td's in his first 3 starts.

Dont have a better come back.

Then I take it, even you being the biggest Tebow hater I know, is impressed that he put up 850 total yards and 7 Td's in his first 3 starts.

The funny thing is I really am not a huge Tebow hater and you know it. I've rooted for him right alongside you, you jackass.

Its the typical Gator homer reaction that if you merely suggest that you don't think Tebow will be a good NFL starting QB they bite your head off and act like you just took a dump in the middle of their living room that annoys the piss out of me. And G-d forbid you back up your argument with actual analysis of his crappy play. Then they point at stats racked up against lousy competition to "prove" how good he was. Stats that they themselves would piss all over if a player they disliked put up.

The reality is Tebow showed up in camp and from all accounts looked lost and unprepared on day 1. Since then he has done nothing to convince the coaching staff or front office that he is worthy of risking the season on. In fact, he is no longer getting any snaps with the first team and is in serious danger of starting the season third on the depth chart behind Brady Quinn.

The Broncos are currently in a terrible position because of Josh McDaniel's moronic decision to trade up and draft this guy in the first round. They have a stupid fanbase who understandably want to give the kid a chance. But they also have a group of players who don't have any faith in this kid's ability to win games for them and an incumbent starter who is outperforming him without thinking about it and another backup who is also outperforming the golden boy.

The history of football is littered with guys like Tebow - who were college superstars that never panned out in the NFL. It doesn't make him a bad person. It just means he doesn't possess the skillset to make it at the highest level. Just deal with it, jeez. :rolleyes:

Archived