• Last visited

• Days Won

Greenseed4 last won the day on July 15 2023

Greenseed4 had the most liked content!

9,746 Ready For Flight

About Greenseed4

Profile Information

• Interests
    I don't like anything. I don't even really like the Jets.

Personal Info

• Tell us a little bit about yourself...
    I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
  • Where do you live?
    Southern California
  • What are your interests? Hobbies?
    I like engaging with strangers online.
  • What do you do for a living?
    Sales

Jets Info

• What is your favorite Jets related memory?
    Chad Pennington play action.
  • What Jets memory broke your heart?
    The butt-fumble becoming a verb.
  • Where you alive for Super Bowl III?
    Nope.

Recent Profile Visitors

16,821 profile views
  1. Looks like they ranked every position group from best (4.0) to worst (0.1), and because there are 32 teams they took out scores ending in .2 and .7 The tiers are formatted by color which is a nice touch, and overall it’s a neat idea, but clearly biased. 1. They don’t allow teams to share the same score in any particular position group. I find that questionable. Stats are very often tied in the NFL 2. The rankings are wildly subjective (ie, QBs are ranked: Mahomes, Allen, L Jackson, Burrows, Rodgers, Prescott, Stafford, Stroud, Herbert, Purdy, Hurts, Love, Cousins, Goff, Tua, Lawrence, Murray, Smith, Mayfield, Richardson, Watson, Steelers, Saints, Young, Bears, Levis, Jones, Raiders, Patriots, Vikings, Broncos, Commanders) and we don’t even know who some of the QBs will be much less how well they’ll play. But it’s nice to see the Jets ranked #2 at something in the offseason.
  2. So for funzies, I went back and looked at Tannenbaum’s mock from last year. He got the following players in the correct slot to the right team: 1. CAR - Bryce Young 2. HOU - CJ Stroud 22. BAL - Zay Flowers 30. PHI - Nolan Smith The following players to the wrong team, correct slot: 3. ARI - Will Anderson (HOU) The right POSITION to the right team, wrong player: 4. IND - He said: Will Levis (it was: Anthony Richardson) 21. LAC - He said: Jaxon Smith-Njigba (it was: Quentin Johnston) The right player to the right team, but drafted in a different slot: 25. NYG - Jalin Hyatt (was drafted 2nd round) 24. JAX - Anton Harrison (drafted at #27) Not 100%, but not bad all things considered.
  3. Really putting it out there, huh?
  4. I’m not sure you understand how the pff overall grade works if you think 78.8 is “the closest thing to a slam dunk pick” in this draft.
  5. That's cool, but BTJ isn't Tee Higgins Brian Thomas Jr: 6'3, 209 (4.33 forty) is closer to DJ Chark: 6'3, 200 (4.34 forty), than Tee Higgins: 6'4, 216 (4.59 forty) Would you rather have DJ Chark on this team or Sam LaPorta?
  6. Well played, but we aren't comparing positions as a whole. We are comparing specific players who play two different positions. Specifically, we are comparing players who will be available at the 10-spot. Again, If one of the top-3 WRs is there, take him, debate over. Those are the guys that make your top-20 list. And as you pointed out WR1s make a lot of money for a reason. But lets face it, if we are drafting Brian Thomas Jr,. he is our toolsy WR3, so lets compare the price tags of WRs in the top 64-96 range. That range of WR is only making $1.4-$3.2M, Kinda hurts your argument, doesn't it? But lets take salary out of it. Let's take positional pissing match out of it. Take away the stats. Let's look at the actual player. You know, the person who will be drafted. Who would you rather have on this team for the next 4 years: DJ Chark or Sam LaPorta? Who helps this team win more games?
  7. Let's take a step back. If we compare a "special" TE prospect to a "special" WR prospect, I would want the receiver. Top-3 in the class, gimme gimme gimme. But we're not. We are comparing a "special" TE prospect to the second tier of WRs. And in that light, I would want the special TE. We cannot compare straight yards and receptions because the positional roles are different. That would be like comparing rushing yards between a RB and a WR. Of course a RB will look better! Comparing a WR and a TE and looking just at the receiving stats (receptions, receiving yards) is biased. To evaluate a TE, other factors come into play, like: third-down conversions, run-blocks that assist in the running game, and being an asset in the red zone. This whole thread is guilty of comparing a TE to what WR's do best, but it hasn't yet looked at what TEs do best. Instead of comparing Kelce to Wilson, lets compare LaPorta to the second-tier of WRs from any particular draft. But lets look at both WR and TE stats to get a more complete picture.
  8. Not sure why we are comparing Kelce and Wilson. How does Bowers' first down completion rate compare to the top 25 WRs. That's what we were discussing right?
  9. I disagree. This isn’t a Jets issue. See the other examples in my post. Trey, Justin, Mac, and Zach are ALL on their second teams already. The conversation should be why only one rookie every two years has what it takes to play on Sundays.
  10. I get it. I was always more a fan of the idea of Dustin Keller than what he actually produced on the field. I don’t subscribe to the Uber stat sites. Gastineau is saying 68% of Bowers’ college receptions converted for first downs. That’s a big deal right? How does that compare to the top 25 WRs?
  11. Ooh ooh ooh, now do Trey Lance, Mac Jones, and Justin Fields.