FidelioJet last won the day on March 5 2023

FidelioJet had the most liked content!

24,020 Very Popular

1 Follower

About FidelioJet

• Birthday 08/12/1972

Recent Profile Visitors

11,067 profile views
  1. All of this is true. I like Huff and am happy for him. I just think a far better use of resources was to pay Huff and not draft, what is likely to be, a lesser player in the first round to replace him - at a position of strength. This is all.
  2. Just the odds of any #10 pick getting there. Rarely do players become as disruptive as Huff. I think the point is if he because as good as Huff everyone would be happy. So why keep Huff and take a position of need? All I’m saying is McD at 10 was an awful choice.
  3. You're being disingenuous what you say all you saw from Huff was a 2,2 & 3.5 sack guy. He was one of the - if not the the most disruptive player on the field when he played. Will McD's turn out to be better? I sure hope so. It's possible he can be as explosive off the edge and be stout against the run. That would make him a perennial all-pro and would be amazing. But it's highly unlikely he will - just based on what I've seen from Huff and how few players I've seen have his type of impact. McD's can still be a good player and a solid pro and never be as good as Huff was.
  4. I know you watch the Jet games - and know you're a fan - but then I have to question how you watched Huff play and came away with a data point like this as something that explains away this horrible decision. When Huff played he was dominant. Not being used is a coaching/system problem. If you don't want to use a player like that then why draft a lesser version of him with #10 overall?
  5. Not irony...Just very bad management. Last season, Joe Douglas lost all sense of how to manage an NFL franchise.
  6. Wow.. The way this guy threw Zach Wilson under the bus after he said "no" is amazing he has the balls to say that.. Just no shame.
  7. Not having 4 of 11 starters on offense coming off surgeries and season ending injuries would have been a good start. Especially with one of them being a 41 year old QB. Now, if you're asking which players - there were plenty of guys not coming off season ending injuries that he could have signed on the OL and WR...
  8. This was the quote: "JD failed last year because he had no contingency for Rodgers and relied too heavily on him lifting an otherwise weak offensive roster. Horrible mistake that he seems to be correcting." I was simply pointing out that it was FAAAAR worse than one mistaken.
  9. Are you saying the nature of free agency is to pay over the hill guys coming off season ending injuries to be written in as starters?
  10. JD literally, IMO, had the worst off-season I've ever seen by any GM we've ever had in any one given year. Giving him credit because guys got injured is absurd. Question for you...when AVT goes down for the season - is it going to be - How can JD predict a used to be healthy player got hurt? I've never seen this level of excuse making. His only mistake was not having a better back up? So the Jets were going to the Super Bowl last year with Tyrod Taylor?
  11. You can't look at this off-season in a vacuum. It's JD's body of work that put us in the situation where we need to revamp almost the entire OL with injury prone youth and aging vets.
  12. that's over 35% of the projected starting offense. What you do to mitigate that is not be so reliant on it. We're hear now and let's hope they all stay healthy. But we should also be clear there are real risks and concerns with these signing. JD is gambling here. These aren't no brainer signings where he would just be "unlucky" if the injuries mount up.
  13. Well, week 6 is the AVT week. That's usually the death knell.
  14. There's an awful lot of recent season ending surgeries and age on this offense. We'll inevitably lose 3 or 4 starters by week 6 and, once again, I'll hear - it's not JD's fault guys got hurt... No more of that. There are real and concerning injury risks on this offense.