NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,020 topics in this forum

1. The board is crazy 1 2 3

• 99 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Good win..

• 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 17 replies
  3. To beat Pittsburgh...

• 16 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  4. Football food

• 11 replies
  5. Jets vs Cowboys

• 2 replies
    • 8 replies
  6. Nuge

• 10 replies
  7. Lets go Bills

• 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
  8. Fire Mangini :)

• 0 replies
  9. Steelers biggest Fan

• 5 replies
  10. NEW WR CORE ANYONE?

• 6 replies
    • 5 replies
  11. If the Jets lose

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
  12. Miami Game

• 9 replies
  13. Jets on Steaming

• 5 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 14 replies
  14. JETS INACTIVES TODAY

• 2 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 64 replies
    • I'm honestly not too concerned about his contested catch ability.  Even if he struggles there, his bread and butter is - like you said - underneath routes and piling on YAC.  I don't see why that wouldn't translate tbh.  He'll have a tougher time running over LBs at the next level but I still see him manhandling NFL DBs.  I don't see him having a very difficult time separating from NFL LBs either.  I know nothing of "underlying metrics" but based on what I've seen, his skillset looks to be a pretty safe bet to translate.  The only thing that could hold him back as far as I'm concerned are injuries, but it's a risk I'm willing to take since the upside is so big.     I'll legit be surprised if JD doesn't fall in love with the kid.  Whether or not that means he'll take him at 10, who knows, but I expect he'll be high on their board.  I just love what the long-term trio of Garrett, Bowers, and Breece does for our offense.  They can beat you in so many different ways, and would be extremely difficult to gameplan against - especially if Bowers reaches his upside or close to it.    I don't think it's a surprise that the one guy rival fans seem to fear us drafting the most is Bowers.  
    • I can't see JD paying big money for a safety. Pass-rushers and corners get the big money on D, Safeties are way down the list. It will probably be Tony Adams, Chuck Clark, JBC, a cheap vet (possibly Ashtyn Davis) and a mid-to-late round draft pick at Safety this year.
    • Rodgers is on contract for absolutely massive money through 2025. He's going nowhere.  Joe Douglas is also under contract through 2025. While I could see him getting an extension if the Jets actually win a playoff game (hahahahahahahahano), what seems by far most likely is that both get 1 last shot in 2025 regardless of how this season goes. Of course, if the season is a massive disaster JD might be gone, but either way I can't see how the Jets can escape Aaron unless he chooses to move on himself. 
  • Available Subscriptions