NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,132 topics in this forum

1. Super Bowl XXXI

• 15 replies
    • 21 replies
  2. Site Update 1 2 3 4

• 132 replies
    • 44 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 53 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 32 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Jets Sign OL

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 20 replies
  4. Nice New Design

• 17 replies
    • 44 replies
  5. Michael Smith

• 29 replies
    • 52 replies
    • 130 replies
  6. Do You Twitter?

• 11 replies
  7. Bears sign Kevin Jones 1 2

• 35 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
  8. Season Tickets?

• 7 replies
  9. Week 2 Preview

• 11 replies
    • 58 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 45 replies
    • 20 replies
    • By the way, Tyler Conklin of the Jets had 61 catches for 621 yards last season, and he had garbage quarterbacks throwing to him, instead of Josh Allen. Only 50 yards short of Kincaid.  And he is still only 28 years old.   Imagine if Tyler had a better QB throwing to him, with a better offensive line and a much better offense!
    • Since I feel like ruining your day. 2000 - 1 (18) - Chad Pennington, (Marshall) A guy with character and QB smarts but a weak arm coming into the leauge and then getting hurt derailed his career.  Still he lasted in the league 10 years had a QB record of 44-37, 102 tds, 64 interceptions his best year with Miami 2008.  This for me was a justifiably good pick that just did not work out. 2003 - 6 (200) - Brooks Bollinger, (Wisconsin) Lousy prospect 2-8 record 9 tds, 9 ints, kicked around for 5 years.  My biggest beef with this guy is that Herm Edwards liked him and gave him the shot instead of Ricky Ray who was 10 times the QB.  6th round dart throw but never a serious prospect. 2006 - 2 (49) - Kellen Clemens, (Oregon) Looked like shrewd trading by Tanny at the time getting a QB prospect many evaluators really liked but he never panned out.  8-13 career record, 16 tds to 21 ints.  A few notable things about Clemens.   He actually carved out a nice 9 year career as a baseball cap backup #2/#3 guy.  He may have had to play under the worse conditions of any Jets QB prospect until Darnold.  Worse oline ever (Clement, Clark, Jones)  Justin McCariens his # WR.  Still etched in my mind was his valiant game vs Baltimore who was really good, he got his assed kicked all game but it looked like were were going to pull and upset.  McCariens drops the game winning pass.  Also the hard knocks moment when Tanny calls him and tells him they are cutting his already low salary or they are cutting him. 2008 - 5 (162) - Eric Ainge, (Tennessee) Disgustingly terrible pick by Tanny, the guy never played a game, came into the leauge with a host of problems and stunk from day one. 2009 - 1 (5) - Mark Sanchez (USC) You cannot argue that he did not have a lot of early success even though he was very flawed as a QB.  Lasted 9 years in the leauge 37-36 record, 68 tds-89 ints.  Two AFC title games.  The actual trade up by Tanny was brilliant for what the Jets had to give up.  Those Jets teams needed a steady vet QB though not a QB that made some splash an some terrible plays.  Better regular season play and those Jets teams should have been winning divisions not having to go the long wild card route.  In any case, even though I was not a Sanchez fan from day one the pick was justified by the success the team had under him years 1 and 2.  He is actually a really good college color commentator these days. 2011 - 7 (208) - Greg McElroy (Alabama) Never amounted to much, weak arm 0-1 record 1 td to 2 ints.  Biggest memory of him for me is him saying some bad things about the way the team was run.  Rex stuck him out there and to this day I think Rex told the oline to not block at all becasue McElroy got sacked like 11 times in his one start.  Now a pretty good college football commentator. 2013 - 2 (39) - Geno Smith, (West Virginia) was thought to be a good pick at the time, one of the higher rated QBs at the time fell to round two.  Geno was flat out bad here which was too bad as he always had a good arm and some mobility but I've never to this day seen a QB with worse pocket awareness and for the ability to take the worst sack or worst turn over at the worst possible time.  Still he has had a good NFL career, 10 years and still going with his big resurgence in Seattle. 30-36 record, 84 tds, 57 interceptions. 2014 - 6 (213) - Taj Boyd (Clemson) Part of the infamous Idzik 12, terrible QB that could never play, this was 100% a Rex pick via his Clemson love.  Never played a game.  Garbage waste of a pick. 2015 - 4 (103) - Bryce Petty (Baylor) Never that good but it did not help that Todd Bowles hated him for some reason and never gave him a chance. 1-6 record, 4 tds, 10 ints.  Just a 4th rounder that never panned out.  Had a pretty good arm though. 2016 - 2 (51) - Christian Hackenburg (Penn State) This was one of the worst Jets draft picks of all time.  The guy stunk his last two years in college, his own college coach by passed him the draft and McCagnan picked him.  He could not play at all from day one and 3/4 of the world knew this but not our GM.  On top of that the fact the Jets picked him that high in 2016 may have actually influenced the non Qb pick the next year when a  host of franchise guys were just sitting there for us.  (Thanks JAMAL!)  Epic disaster of a pick. 2018 - 1 (3) - Sam Darnold (USC)  I recall on draft day when Darnold fell into our laps I declared in the draft thread "God has finally smiled on the Jets!"  I really thought he was the goods which of course he was not.  He also never had a real chance with this team as the talent around him was a disgrace.  Terrible oline (The center could legit not snap the ball), lousy coaching, no RBs, disgraceful crop of Wrs.  It was a master class by the Jets in how to ruin a young QB.  Still kicking around the league though.  For the time being he is #1 in Minnesota but that will probably change after the draft.  Career backup status now unless he has a Geno like resurgence. 2020 - 4 (125) - James Morgan (Florida International) Just a pure stink pick by Douglas, the guy could never play and it was obvious very early on and one has to say 'What the hell were you thinking?' 2021 - 1 (2) - Zach Wilson (BYU), The fact Douglas still has a job after picking Morgan and then Zach Wilson is amazing.  Massive swing and a miss that is still haunting the Jets, Zach is still wandering the halls of Jets like Jacob Marley rattling his chains.  He will be gone soon enough but picking a QB #2 overall and not even being able to give him away after about 3 years is beyond dreadful. Now that I have ruined all of your lunches.....  
    • Lean into it? I can barely tilt dude, 
  • Available Subscriptions