NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,150 topics in this forum

• 21 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Prechae Rodriguez?

• 4 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 47 replies
    • 51 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 53 replies
    • This is a good argument for why I think JD and Co. may not go for Bowers.  This Rodgers window is short.  2024, maybe 2025.  Maybe. While I'd love the idea of a GM planning for both "win now" AND "win in three years", it's not likely the case, especially with everyones jobs on the line now. JD needs immediate impact OR extremely vital depth he couldn't live without this year. That speaks to Oline (vital depth for an injury-prone line) or WR (immediate impact more likely than other spots) and #10, and the 3rd, respectively.
    • If you get towards the upper end of those numbers most years for a decade - let's say an average of 850 yards and 7 TDs - then that's excellent production for a TE.   Of course, you'd expect bigger numbers from a top WR - which is where the conundrum with Bowers lies.  If he's not a traditional TE but a big slot, then he needs to be producing WR type numbers to deliver value as the 10th pick.
    • Look, in the post you made that I replied to, part of your argument is that a backup QB could potentially play for us this year, like a backup OT might. And yet here you dismiss the real contents of my argument when I treated the situation the way you wanted - as if a backup QB might help us WIN NOW just like a backup OT might. At least stay consistent dude! And read the rest of my post because it's way more nuanced than just "passing up a mahomes". Also - again - do you think there will be a Mahomes level player available for us at 10? I'll admit it's not like Mahomes was widely regarded as a future superstar, far from. But you also must admit the large majority of drafted QBs are failures, AND we already have a backup QB on a 2 year contract. I'm no NFL talent evaluator but Penix is the only QB outside Daniels and Williams that I like as much as I liked Mahomes on the way in. One of my main points is that, especially at QB, it's not just about the position, it's about the player! Your argument is pointless if there isn't a QB at 10 who will actually BE the future starter. So who do you think that is? Or will you just admit you're arguing a theoretical scenario that just isn't very applicable to the current Jets team? I'd love a future qb at 10 just like you'd love a tackle. Like I said, I just don't see that QB being there. 
  • Available Subscriptions