The Jets Lounge

The Jets Lounge is where New York Jets fans hold off-topic discussions. Please avoid any political or religious talk.

20,944 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
  2. Introduce Yourself 1 2 3 4 11

• 373 replies
  3. Other topics
    • 1 reply
    • 14,142 replies
    • 24,299 replies
    • 2,941 replies
  4. TV shopping suggestions

• 7 replies
    • 6,920 replies
    • 2,679 replies
    • 208 replies
  5. Happy 20th of April.

• 32 replies
    • 17 replies
  6. R.I.P Dickey Betts

• 20 replies
    • 656 replies
  7. Blues fans...Slash

• 1 reply
    • 12 replies
  8. 4XL?

• 31 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 71 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 353 replies
    • 67,536 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 51 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 14 replies
  9. lost wallet

• 9 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 14 replies
  10. Any Fishermen?

• 9 replies
    • Absolutely. Do people think all established QBs don't get to put there 2 cents in on drafts? Doesn't mean that's what the GM will do... but I'm sure they have conversations with the GM.
    • I think Rodgers is good with the OL right now. Our starting unit is top 10 in the league let's not forget. Yes we have 2 guys on that OL that are injury prone in AVT and Smith. But I feel Rodgers would like to get guys that for sure will play rather than backups. Let's also think of how JD views his 1st Round OLineman. Becton who busted and couldn't stay healthy and AVT who has had back to back season ending injuries. While he values OL... he might be hesitant to draft one that high with the way it's worked out for him recently. And that would appear to be in the weapon department at either WR or TE. Here's my list of who I want excluding guys who I think are gone in MHJ, Nabers and Alt. For what it's worth I like Odunze more than Nabers regardless.   1a. Odunze if you ask me slides right in as a starter. That's even assuming MW can go to start the season. I feel he easily can beat out Lazard for WR3 after what we saw from him. Now obviously Lazard has talent, knows the system and has trust with Rodgers... so it's not like Odunze will be given the job. Let's also not forget that Lazard was rumored to maybe get traded this offseason. But we did see how fast a highly talented young WR can get on the same page as AR with GW last year. They seemed to have a great connection all summer.   1b. Bowers I think he can beat out Conklin as a starter, heck you could even debate that we could kick the tires on trading Conklin if we drafted Bowers. But even let's say Conklin is still here and is the starter. Bowers can be used in so many ways, where he'd still get the ball. Likely used out in the slot quite a bit. H back and in 2 TE sets. Point being... Bowers would still get the ball even if Conklin was still here.   3. Thomas Jr. A guy that has flown up my board the more I've thought about it. Fits what we'd like at WR and offers that no one else in our WR does. Great size at 6'3" 210lbs. And is a 4.3 guy. A guy that takes the top off the defense and can win 50/50 balls. GW can really do everything, but isn't the biggest guy. MW is huge but doesn't have good speed. Thomas Jr is like a perfect combo of those 2. Given his skill set being so much different than Lazard. I think he for sure would have several shots to him downfield per game. So he'd make an impact.   4. Fatuanu has versatility. Played LT in college but is likely best at OG. So he's insurance for Smith and AVT. I do question that he for sure could beat out Warren as next man up at LT. But we do need a long term answer at OT in someway. Developing young guys like Warren and a guy like Fatuanu would be nice. He did struggle in run blocking which needs development. And playing strength.   5. Fuaga I think is the 2nd most talented OT in the draft. Issue with him for me is he's never played LT. So very well might not be next man up if Smith got injured. Moses stays healthy for the most part. So you'd be looking at a redshirt year likely for a 10th overall pick.     Another thing to note in this is that I like the OT class in Round 3. Rosengarten from Wash was a RT but that was Pennix's blind side. Would love him in the 3rd. As well as guys like Kiran Amegadjie, Blake Fisher and Matt Goncalves. Gonclaves is interesting bc we clearly studied Pitt a ton last offseason with drafting Warren and Izzy. Gonclaves was there starting RT who was good and when Warren got injured moved to LT. So we likely have done a lot of work on him.
    • Rodgers is a lot of interesting things, but he’s not an idiot. I don’t think he’d need a lot of convincing to figure out that Lazard, Cook, Cobb, Turner, etc., sucked here last year. He’s back at voluntary camp, so I’m thinking his head’s in it. He has whatever he has to prove, and this is probably his last stop. 
  • Available Subscriptions