The Lounge

The Lounge is where New York Jets fans hold off-topic discussions. Please avoid any political or religious talk.

Subforums

1. Mafia Game Forum

The Mafia game forum, sponsored by The Crusher.

20,099 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. Leave Me Standing Here...

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  2. RIP Ellie Greenwich

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 2 replies
  3. How NOT to Swing

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Post Office BAH HUMBUG.

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. Lots of free games!

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. I'm Still Here!

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply

• My bad for taking a day to get back to this.  I generally understand what you're saying, though I dont entirely agree. The job of anyone is to do what their job is to do.  This playoff question you have can literally be directed by anyone on this team, especially any drafted Jets players given that we havent made the playoffs for a decade.  To show you what I mean, I wont even debate the question. I'll fully agree with it for the sole purpose of taking it one step further. Questions: 1. Can we trust our Oline to give the QB and WR's enough time to do their job? 2. Can we trust Sam to not over/under-throw Robby in a playoff game given that he constantly did so in the regular season, but instead to hit him while in stride?  Look, you simply dont trust Robby, and that's cool.  But I cant trust any person who will say that they dont trust Robby, but then will go and say that they trust Sam or anything else on this team.  Robby Anderson is the only person off the top of my head that I can say has way outperformed his contract while playing on offense. I cant think of anyone else on offense who has done so. And he did that while not playing as a #2, but a #1 when we know darn well that the guy isnt a #1.    Now, that I approached it that way, now let me address it the way I actually feel.  If the Jets made ACTUALLY made the playoffs, that would be enough for me to not only trust Robby, but know that the resigning of Robby was the right thing to do. Simple as that. It doesnt mean that it was all on Robby, but it does mean that Robby contributed to that feat.  The problem isnt Robby, the problem is poor drafting and poor coaching. 
    • Robbie Anderson looked great in that tape.
    • Was he the one who made the backhanded compliment some weeks ago? Was something like, "Yeah, that's what he does & we're all aware of it. But he's a great player so we don't give him a hard time about it." But sounded like there's a lot of eye rolling, at least from some players. Sounds like there's more than one thinking hey, at least he's not a mediocre or even a terrible player running at the mouth all the time. 'Cause Jenkins (if that's the recent quote I'm thinking of) wouldn't have said even that much if he felt there'd be a world of backlash from the rest of the locker room. Annoying people is hardly the worst crime. Lucky for me. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. bjc15
      bjc15
      (50 years old)
    2. deedee012465@aol.com
      deedee012465@aol.com
      (55 years old)
    3. jets777
      jets777
      (52 years old)
    4. JetsBhoy
      JetsBhoy