Baseball

New York Yankees forum, New York Mets talk. Everything MLB goes here.

10,772 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. I came in late.

• 3 replies
  2. Fred Hickman

• 4 replies
  3. Ishii vs. Willis

• 2 replies
  4. WANG

• 15 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  5. JT......Even Better!

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
  6. Clueless Joe!

• 1 reply
  7. Sturtze - Nixon

• 17 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 40 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 16 replies
  8. New Sig For JBF>>>>>>>

• 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
  9. Who's in first?

• 5 replies
  10. Nice Job Pavano 1 2

• 35 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  11. Damn.

• 3 replies

• I have a signed photo and a personal handwritten thank you letter from Larry Grantham when I donated to a private fund through his charity to help with his medical bills and to try to buy his SB III ring back. I was stunned when I received it in the mail. He had auctioned it off on ebay to payment for his cancer treatment and initially the guy who bought it played dumb who sold put it up for sale. It's gray exactly how he got it back, but I can almost guarantee it was not Woody Johnson. He had a tough life after football and struggled with alcohol but got clean years and years ago and came out better on the other side. He was a sweet, humble man who died sober, and he never forgot the poison he very nearly killed himself with and the muck he crawled out of. RIP, Mr. Grantham.  I can post the photo and letter later. I hope he gets into the HOF posthumously like Winston Hill (better late than never), but I doubt it. : /
    • The Jets entered the draft with a huge hole on the OL that they found themselves unable to fill in free agency, and Joe Douglas was determined not only to fill that hole, but to fill it with one of the top prospects on his board. The result was something of an overpay for an interior lineman. But that's what happens when you're either drafting for need or you fall in love with a specific player, and in this case it was both. In hindsight, if he had stayed put he could've drafted Elijah Moore, Tevin Jenkins, and kept the two third rounders (maybe drafting another guard prospect) and when you look at it like that, well, the value isn't great.  But, bottom line, he filled that hole. If he's right on AVT, one side of the line is set for the next four or five years, and we really won't hear much more about that trade up to get him until it's time to re-up his contract. If he was wrong, we'll hear about it a lot.  I don't think JD wanted to be in the position he was in, having to draft for need like that, and as the roster gets better hopefully he won't find himself in that position again anytime soon. 
    • If you have any questions or need help dm me. I’ve been doing this for 2.5 years (verifiable ) lost 55 lbs and most importantly no longer are on my doctors heart attack concern list. He wanted me to take a statin. Quite the opposite now I feel like a teenage again. We are the same age ir so , so feel free. It’s worth it. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. azfinfanmang
      azfinfanmang
      (56 years old)
    2. Buschie
      Buschie
      (70 years old)
    3. jetaholic2002
      jetaholic2002
      (62 years old)
    4. Jetsfan25
      Jetsfan25