Baseball

New York Yankees forum, New York Mets talk. Everything MLB goes here.

10,768 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. THINK TANK!

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. is Chavez hurt??

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. favorite player

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• No way that's enough. They'd have to add a 3rd rounder to get that done.  
    • I think most of us will rally around Wilson if he's the pick, or Fields.  It might be a blood bath if it's like Jones or Lance.   I agree with the notion that the best QB is going to be the QB that goes to the best situation.  To me, that's why I think this draft needs to focus on OL and adding weapons on offense, because they help accentuate the most important position.  Yes, cornerback is a concern, but I'd rather have the defensive expert in Saleh coach up some guys than spend premium picks there when we need to surround a QB with talent.  I'd love to get a G/T at 23, and maybe another WR at 34.  I think fixing the offense needs to be slanted so that we can properly develop a QB first.   Lawrence (at least to me and a few others here) doesn't project as the once in a generation type guy.  I love him as a prospect, but there are some glaring concerns with him, that make me wonder about his transition.  
    • I agree to the extent that the ideal throw is leading him forward, but it sort of fits into the "bad read" aspect because he's essentially picking the best covered receiver.  However, if we are going with just the pure pass, the back shoulder still works here.  He does get even when he releases it, but I'm not sure how well he actually picks it up.  It seems like one of those "oh crap, pressure, throw it up" passes, but for that pass he does still make the good throw.  The ball ends up placed right behind where the CB eventually runs to, so it would have been a great play by the CB if he turned around in time if the guy got past him.  However, it's a bad decision to throw this pass when he gets pressure.  I love the conversation on this one, because it kinda brings something that I keep thinking about while I'm watching him.  How much of his production and confidence is derived from the inferior competition?  If that is Newsome in North Western, do you still take that shot?   When talking about drafting QBs, I argue for a No. 1 receiver because you need a bad read eliminator.  A Hopkins, Allen, Diggs, or Hill/Kelce.  One of those, you make a bad read, but can still take a shot to your guy because even when he's covered, he's open types.  I think a big reason why Herbert was a monster was because he had Allen, Williams who has a massive catch radius, and a top tier TE in Henry when he was healthy.  If he made a bad read, it didn't matter because his guys could make contested catches.  It builds confidence.   Well, how much confidence does the schedule here produce for Wilson?  I can't tell, sort of a "Egg or Chicken come first?" dilemma.  He seems to gravitate to field side outside throws because the competition doesn't have the talent to stop it.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. jetfaninva
      jetfaninva
      (56 years old)
    2. Jimmillionaire 24 33 51
      Jimmillionaire 24 33 51
      (33 years old)
    3. Johnnie Cochran
      Johnnie Cochran
      (46 years old)
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members