All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. “FrancesaTheFoe”

That’s ok because by the time the Jets win the Super Bowl, the Yellowstone caldera will have erupted, emitting a giant cloud of ash that will block out the sun, eradicating all plant life, which will disrupt photosynthesis and deprive the earth of oxygen, thus ending the existence of “air” itself anyway.
  3. Star Wars Episode VIII has begun filming

"I care" - easy movie quote from which movie? have tickets and will take my son on opening night, 3rd year in a row, very cool since I was his age when I watched A New Hope in the theater with my Dad, the audience stood and applauded when the Death Star exploded! The series and the development of these characters have been a lifelong endeavour, will be sad when they kill Luke but that is my expectation... Rogue One is my favorite of the new movies Anakin meets Obi Wan was the best of the prequels IMHO
  4. “FrancesaTheFoe”

I can't wait until altuve starts next year off 2-10 and the fat man says "see, I told you he isn't very good!" My only regret about Mike going off the air is that if the Jets ever win the super bowl he won't be on the air to talk about it.
  5. QB: Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

If the NFL looks at Jackson like this writer, than Jackson will be gone but Mayfield may still be there. Which I feel really sucks. 1. Lamar Jackson, Louisville Stock Up Jackson's made an unassuming, methodical climb to the top spot. That's a strange sentence for a former Heisman winner. Last week, I touched on the amazing reality that Jackson's rushing ability was being overlooked this season and when projecting him to the NFL. This week, while watching Louisville dismantle Syracuse, I made a concerted effort to ignore his runs. How would I come away from a Jackson performance without the scrambling, read-option carries, and just plain ridiculous jukes in the open field? The answer: thoroughly impressed. Jackson is one refined quarterback prospect. I'm telling you. Way more often than not, he swiftly avoided pressure like it was white noise around him, then uncorked a rocket 20 or 30 yards downfield into the hands of a tightly covered receiver. Did that receiver catch the pass? Ehhh, maybe, maybe not. In the win over the Orange, Jackson made one or two inaccurate throws and a few short ho-hum passes into the flat. The rest of his attempts resulted in that "thoroughly impressed" reaction. Arm strength? Check. Pocket drifting? Check. Accuracy to all levels of the field? Check. Right now, Jackson is the best quarterback prospect in the 2018 class, and that's even without his running capabilities, which, you know, are reminiscent of Vick. Take away the sensational running ability and Jackson is still the draft's most complete QB prospect. USATSI 2. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State Stock Down It seemed like this game was coming for Rudolph. The injured shoulder. Defenses taking away the deep ball. The worsening weather. Speaking of weather, it was a perfect storm for Rudolph in the stunning loss to Kansas State. He struggled mightily with accuracy and timing with his receivers, the latter of which shouldn't happen for a senior with a slew of veteran pass-catchers. He released a handful of interception-worthy passes, and two other throws were actually picked off. So was a crucial two-point conversion late. Rudolph's lack of arm strength was more apparent in the loss to the Wildcats because of his wayward accuracy. Things get ugly when a signal-caller is misfiring and his passes aren't getting to the intended target in a hurry. Although I'm not as convinced with his deep-ball touch anymore and now do think the arm-strength questions are valid, I still like his movement in the pocket and intermediate accuracy. The long reign for Rudolph at No. 1 comes to an end, as over the past month or so he's looked like a quarterback prospect who's taken a step back from a strong junior season, not a step forward. 3. Josh Rosen, UCLA Stock Up Rosen's team lost the Battle for the City of Angels -- did anyone call it that? Has more ring than the Battle for L.A. -- but he was the better quarterback. Rosen's awesomely hot and cold. When he's hot, playing quarterback looks easy. When he's cold, he looks like he's never played quarterback before. Yes, there are more "hot" moments than "cold" moments, which was the case against the Trojans. Look, the Bruins clearly have many flaws, mostly on defense. Rosen kept them in a game they had no business being in. Yet, one could say his bad end-zone interception was the difference. And there you have it. That's kind of the book on Rosen, not that he throws a game-deciding pick every game. He screams "Eli Manning" to me, and no, not the Eli Manning of today. The "pro-ready pocket passer" from Ole Miss in 2004 who was the first pick in the draft. The slight upgrade with Rosen in that comparison is a stronger arm and more mobility. Rosen outplayed Sam Darnold on Saturday. USATSI 4. Sam Darnold, USC Stock Steady Am I the only one who thinks Darnold blatantly needs one more year of schooling? He just seems "young" on the field with his decisions, at times crazed scrambling, and happy feet when pressure's mounting. However -- and this is a big "however" -- Darnold's coverage-reading abilities and arm are clearly far ahead of his feet, and definitely unusually outstanding for a redshirt sophomore. He wasn't tremendous against UCLA, and, really, he didn't need to be. I did see the typical three or four No. 1 overall pick passes through coverage and the "oh no" throws too. Darnold's a fiery competitor with a copious amount of natural talent who can make anticipation throws, a rarity for quarterbacks with his relative lack of experience. He could declare for the 2018 draft and ultimately be a good NFL quarterback. I just think another year of harnessing all of his tools at the collegiate level would likely make him the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 draft and considerably more "ready" to be a high-end franchise signal-caller in the NFL. Then again, would he be concerned about coming back and not playing as well? Ehhh. Maybe. Darnold would likely be a first-round pick if he enters the 2018 draft, which would justifiably be a pretty enticing draw for him to declare in a few months. 5. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma Stock Down, Slightly You aren't here for takes on the sideline gestures by Mayfield, so this sentence is all I'm writing on that topic for now. In apparently gusty conditions in Lawrence, Kansas, Mayfield had his least-impressive effort of the 2017 season. He was uncharacteristically erratic downfield, had trouble finding open receivers, and relied on wild improvisation behind the line of scrimmage more than usual. Weather conditions aren't easy to see on television at times, but the commentators did mention the wind more than once during the game. Still though, Mayfield relies on an extreme amount of yards-after-the-catch and is playing with, to me, the best supporting cast in the country, which makes it even more difficult to do something super complex in the first place -- predicting how well a college quarterback will transition to the NFL. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-qb-stock-watch-lamar-jackson-passes-mason-rudolph-for-top-spot/
  6. “FrancesaTheFoe”

newsflash: Narcissists never think they're wrong.
  7. Rivers, 2004 #3 And 2005 #1 & #5. Thats a different era now. QB is more critical now. Look at what LAR or Philly gave up last year. Now add how many teams are playing scrub QBs. AZ, Min, Den, NYJ, NYG, Cle, possibly Was. There are two elite prospects and a bunch of question marks. If you want Darnold or Rosen, it’s gonna cost you.
  8. Unfortunately, this is Mac's biggest flub. PFF stuck their neck out said he was undraftable (not even round 7) and did the analysis. To date, everything they observed and predicted in that report is 100% accurate. They hit it right on the head. Macc makes more than they do. It just seems like Mac drafts worried about what his Kiper and McShay grades are. He should listen to PFF. I just cannot see the Jets doing that. What did the Giants to trade for Eli?
  9. It’s gonna take a heck of a lot more than that. Philly gave up 5 picks to move to 2 from 8. Plus SF can ransom the pick between NYG and Den. Get the same hall plus end up with Minkah Fitzpatrick or Chubb, who would instantly be their best player. No worries, if the Jets lose out they will be picking 5th. Then it might only cost us 3 #1s and 3 #2s to get to 1.
  10. We can easily move to the top 3rd or 4th spot with a nice long losing streak.. keep hope alive
  11. Goal: 100,000 POST IN THIS THREAD

Stacey Robyn
  12. Goal: 100,000 POST IN THIS THREAD

Lara McWhorter
  13. Yesterday
  14. It does as will the inevitable injury.
  15. By the end of this season we will be picking much higher than 12. I feel us giving the cross locker room little blue midgets a run. I see them taking darnold and us taking Rosen.
  16. With the 12th Pick, the NY Jets Select…

Hello. I am also in. I have a face for radio.
  17. Goal: 100,000 POST IN THIS THREAD

Jessica Edström (cont.)
  18. Goal: 100,000 POST IN THIS THREAD

Jessica Edström
  19. Broncos make OC change.

It's far worse because the Broncos actually had a good team but no chance to win because of the QB situation. The Jets weren't winning with anyone short of Rodgers.
  20. Star Wars Episode VIII has begun filming

Agreed. There's no way they give him his own trilogy if they didn't love what he did with TLJ. I've already got my tickets for opening day (the Thursday night showings around me in Denver are already sold out), I've already read a lot of theories online about different ways they could go with the story and what people have been able to piece-together from the trailers and behind-the-scenes footage that has been released - basically I can't f***ing wait. For the record I don't understand why so many people are down on Episode VII in this thread. I grew up a massive Star Wars fan; The Empire Strikes Back is my bible. The prequels were pretty terrible movies and Episode VII was a return to form. Was it a rhyme of A New Hope? Sure. Is it a perfect movie? No. But it felt so much more like the original trilogy than the prequels and was the first meaningful expansion of the Star Wars universe, for me, since Shadows of the Empire on N64. I picked up Battlefront 2 on PS4, I've been scouring the internet for spoilers, watching stupid zero-content/clickbaity analysis videos on youtube and now I'm talking about it on a football board... less than a month... your Tauntaun will freeze before you reach the first marker...
  1. Load more activity