All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1) Privately admit that you botched the coaching search (don’t need to leak anything to public, but sometimes it’s hard for billionaires to admit they ****ed up) 2) Search for the best possible GM candidate regardless of whether or not he is a “Gase Guy” 3) Give said GM the power to bring in his own coach in 2020. Allowing him/her to evaluate Gase for an entire season.
  3. All the pressure is on Gase now he has to show he can Steer Sam progress forward- that will be the key for your Jets success-steady and competent QB play can solve what has been a shadow over this team forever
  4. Everybody ready to see a film of OBJ and Sherry Rhodes rolling in bed together? Lol
  5. faba

2019 METS THREAD! It’s time has come.

Rock bottom almost to lose to a minor league team in danger of being swept. Calloway can not survive this disaster remember he is not the GM's guy
  6. Oh, he's definitely had his misses over the years - but he's a level or two above beat reporters or your run-of-the-mill "for NFL network/ESPN/SI etc" draftnik. Anyone who is in the predicting future business is going to get things wrong occasionally. The thing I found most objectionable about him was some of that political stuff on the JI board he typed up as CBNY and the fact he really looked down his nose at certain other posters (some probably deservedly so) - the inside info he had on the game was generally solid stuff all things considered.
  7. Long Island Leprechaun

Now with an agenda or not we can all agree why Gase

Geezus, I'll just address the Tannehill part, which is grade-school level assessment... (what happened to the Warfish I used to know?). This is complete garbage. Have you ever heard of injuries and how they impact a QB's stats? What part of this is on Gase? 2016 season[edit] In 2016, after a 1–4 start, the Dolphins won six straight games, and finish the season on a 9–2 run and 10–6 overall.[74] Tannehill played in 13 games, missing three due to injury. With their Week 16 win over the Bills, the Dolphins clinched a winning record and a playoff berth for the first time since 2008.[75][76] Tannehill finished the season with a career-high 67.1 completion percentage, 2,995 yards, 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.[77] 2017 season[edit] On August 3, 2017, Tannehill suffered an injury to his left leg in the team's first non-contact 11-on-11 practice of season. After limping off the field, it was reported that the team feared he tore his ACL and would require season-ending surgery.[78] On August 6, the team signed recently retired quarterback Jay Cutler to act as Tannehill's replacement.[79] On August 11, Tannehill agreed to have surgery to repair the torn ACL, officially keeping him out of the 2017 season.[80][81] He was placed on injured reserve the following day.[82] 2018 season[edit] On March 1, 2018, head coach Adam Gase announced that Tannehill would remain the starting quarterback for the Dolphins.[83] During Week 1 against the Tennessee Titans, the game was delayed twice due to lightning storms. In his return from injury, Tannehill finished with 230 passing yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions as the Dolphins won 27–20.[84] In Week 3, Tannehill recorded a 155.3 passer rating and had 289 passing yards and three passing touchdowns in the 28–20 victory over the Oakland Raiders.[85] Tannehill was inactive during the Week 6 game against the Chicago Bears due to a shoulder injury.[86] Brock Osweiler started in Tannehill's place until Week 12. In Week 14,
  8. "Outside of ownership," is quite the elephant in the room-type phrase.
  9. Jets win opener & last game will be for the playoffs @ Buffalo. Bills players will be packed up & ready to hit the Golf courses. Difference this time? Darnold instead of Fitzpatrick, Le'veon Bell instead of Stevan Ridley, Gase/Williams instead of Bowles/Rogers. PLAYOFFS!
  10. You literally made up a statement and then put “I question that also” in parentheses after it.
  11. Well, objectively and unfortunately you are correct in some cases. I think you should tell the truth that they are not all garbage? But for all intents and purposes, some are GARBAGE. David Webb is pretty much garbage to us. Nate Shepard and Foley Fatukasi are probably unknowns?? If it truly takes 3 years on average for DT's to develop (I question that also), then we don't know what we have yet in those two. But it continuously bothers me that Shepard played in almost every game the Jets played last season and unless you looked very, VERY hard you would never have even noticed him on the field? Foley Fatukasi was injured all year, right? Brandon Shell and Jordan Jenkins are both decent players. I doubt they'll make the pro bowl anytime soon, but they are NFL talent.
  12. That would be sort of unusual given I'm currently typing this from the country of Australia. Not to mention my name isn't Tony.
  13. Long Island Leprechaun

Now with an agenda or not we can all agree why Gase

Agreed. I haven't seen anyone in the NFL argue that Gase is over his head. There are some pretty strong defenders of Gase as a very smart X's and O's guy (some would say brilliant). Sorting through the rubble of why he might have underachieved at Miami, or why he overachieved at Denver seems a hopeless task. There is enough controversy to make this an interesting adventure. Assuming the Jets hire a GM quickly and he can get along with Gase, we will soon be back to focusing on the Jets as a football team, not Ringling Brothers (one can hope!). My biggest fear going forward? That new GM and Gase decide to erase and start another rebuild. My biggest hope going forward? That there is a reasonably happy marriage of GM and HC and some smart decisions are made to enhance what we have. If nothing else, it will be very interesting to see what Gase and the new GM will do, now that they have the reins. I'm honestly cautiously optimistic that things will settle, not get worse.
  14. These are technically “hopes and dreams.” Not facts.
  15. Sometimes a fluff job is just fun to watch...don't deny this old man a guilty pleasure. The Jets are far from a well-run organization but at least they got rid of the man most responsible (excluding the silver spoon brothers) for the past five years of ineptitude. There's a few interesting story lines that still need to play out and I for one and interested to see the next installment.
  16. Patriot Killa

Jets are close to taking over AFC East

I’m sorta indifferent on it but I think my biggest gripe with that is Peyton’s never been in a FO before and he has no experience scouting or even doing entry-scout level stuff. If I had my pick, it would be Joe Douglas
  17. They are not even because the additions the Jets made, QW & Mosely + Adams in the box means the Bills ARE NOT going to be able to run on this Jet team. That means Josh Allen will have to come into Metlife, with an underwhelming group of WRs, and beat the Jets with accuracy from the pocket in numerous 3rd & long situations. That's not going to happen. Josh Rosen will be dead meat, no way in hell that Gase won't know how to attack that Miami defense or give Gregg Williams the key to attacking their offense with the lead footed Rosen leading the way. Im telling you guys now, Jets sweep Bills & Fins. 4 wins. They'll need at least 5 wins in their other 12 to go 9-7, it's gonna happen, if the defense steals a couple 10-6. Giants, Redskins, Bengals, Raiders will be wins, that's 8, 3/4 so these are the games that will define the Jets 2019 season, Browns (Very tough game) Steelers (Does Le'veon get revenge & have a game for the ages?), Pats twice (We have to be due to split finally right?), Eagles (Will Wentz be healthy?), Cowboys ( Can Dak win if the 3 Williams shut down Elliott?), Jaguars (Foles won't have that Eagles Oline in front of him), Ravens (Mosely should know how to frustrate Jackson). Not 1 truly Elite team on the schedule but the Pats who are always the toughest with the best QB & coaches. If they split with Pats, Jets will be in contention for the AFC East.
  18. Rex inherited a triple-A squad from Mangini that he had to carry to victory by sheer force of will, but Gase is inheriting the ‘96 49ers.
  19. Don't forget the people whining about whining for the last 78 years on this forum.
  20. An improved roster after free agency and the draft along with the growth of our returning players. Sam Darnold is likely to make a big jump in year two, especially with Adam Gase as his head coach.
  21. You don’t think the CEO of a team without a franchise quarterback since forever didn’t give the order to trade up to grab one of them? You think Christopher Johnson was on a yacht in the Mediterranean while the biggest move in recent team history went down without his knowledge? That’s not how $3 billion dollar corporations function. Christopher Johnson has his hands all over this franchise. He’s the reason we’re making the playoffs this year. It wasn’t Bowles, it wasn’t Maccagnan. CJ is an animal; so too is his new HC and GM. SAR I
  22. Don't look down an Pioli. Outside of New England, he did a heckuva job...I think, maybe. I drove my car into a wall once.
  23. jeremy2020

One or more of these players may be moved..

Almost 40 of the players currently on the roster will be cut before training camp ends and thus on the move. I'll be back to crow about being right later. Please look forward to it.
  1. Load more activity

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social