All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Don't know if you guys heard, but Maccagnan was fired. I mean, the timing wasn't the best, but he's gone.
  3. Today
  4. Jetsplayer21

Updated Mike Maccagnan Draft History

Mac most certainly was the suck of all sucks. Let’s hope the next gm is average at least. Average would be a major improvement over Mac
  5. Villain The Foe

So Who is Our Backup Center?

Wow, i was absolutely right. You must have been having a dreadful day yesterday. Crazy emotions in your lashing out. Comparing a person's wife to animals because he's talking football? I really did sense something was off with you yesterday. You generally speak like this, but not to this extreme. Hope all is better today bro! Good morning.
  6. Villain The Foe

So Who is Our Backup Center?

That's a good point. I forget who I was talking to but maybe a month or 2 ago made a similar point to someone that swore that Harrison made the entire line better I said that "Darnold averaged 3 sacks per game during those last three games when he came back from injury. It was the highest sack average of any 3 week stretch for Darnold the entire season". I didn't even look at the running game. That's just pathetic.
  7. Proof that we are the suck. But point it out and it's "whining."
  8. Hael

Jets Game By Game Predictions

7-9, 8-8 if all goes well and we play to our talent. If we instead implode b/c of the farce in the FO, or b/c Gase goes insane it could be a lot worse than that. The schedule is objectively nasty, where most of our 'easy' wins are supposedly divisional games, which are always unpredictable.
  9. Jetsplayer21

The Johnson family back story - whoa

Guess who said this ? You keep alluding to "our next GM". Got some news for you. We'll discuss that in about two years, at least. In the meantime you can give him a chance, or keep pulling your hair out over it. Your choice. someone who is not only incredibly weak, but a full blown fing idiot apparently. You been very pissy as many of mac’s Fan boys have since his firing. I just want to see all Mac’s little fan club to come around and support this team and HC. Not going around like a bunch of weak little girls/cowards buttfumbling anyone who dares says mac was a bad gm. Mac is gone, wasn’t “ 2 years, at least. “ 🙃
  10. Good article. It really shows how inept we are. Notice as well that teams like NE and New Orleans, despite drafting near the end of every round due to continued succes, somehow manage to acquire a lot of expected AV (likely through trades and comp draft picks). Yet somehow we manage to have less expected AV (nevermind the fact that we end up being negative after the actual draft) than they do, despite drafting in the top 10 almost every season. It's just mind blowing how this could be called a rebuild. At the very least, before Darnold we should have been close to the Browns in terms of expected AV. Idzik couldn't draft either, but at least he was competent enough in stockpiling draft picks. Mac is literally amongst the worst GMs in our entire history when you factor everything in together: The bad drafting, the stupid and bloated contracts to bad FAs, the opportunity cost lost etc etc.
  11. Jetsfan80

I know every one of our last 5 HC's (Parcells, Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles) have all won 9 or 10 games in their first seasons. But this is the year where that streak ends. Parcells was a miracle worker going from 1-15 to 12-4 in 2 years. Herm took over a team that was so loaded with talent they went 9-7 with Al Groh as HC. Mangini took over a team that went 10-6 two years prior with a healthy Pennington (2005 was the Bollinger year). Rex took over a team that, in Week 12 of the previous season, was 8-3 and had the # 1 offense. Bowles had a team that went all-in on veterans on offense and it briefly paid off. This is a team that has had three straight seasons of 5 wins or less. Sure, a lot of money was spent in an effort to make this team competitive. But that in no way guarantees a winning season. So this idea that 8-8 will be a "disappointment" is laughable. It'll only be a disappointment if Sam Darnold isn't making further strides as the franchise QB. Nothing about this roster is going to scare an opposing team. Le'Veon Bell will be entering an offense where the HC prefers outside zone blocking and will need to adjust to that. He will, but it will take time. We have a front 7 that, barring a huge impact season by Polite as a rookie, lacks pass-rushers and pass-coverage LB's. We don't have a # 1 CB, we have a good press coverage CB2. Overall the defense is slow. So really it all comes down to Darnold making things happen. And he will, but will that be worth an extra 5+ wins compared to last year? I think not. 7-9 sounds about right. Those expecting a jump from 4-12 to the playoffs because we added Kelechi Osemele and an ILB who can tackle a lot will be sorely disappointed.
  12. Nixhead

Most under-rated Jet of all time

Wesley Walker. Blind in 1 eye and couldn't see out the other but great receiver - somehow!
  13. As long as they don't have to go through the Patriots to get there, I can get on board with this. They have an awful history against Belichick.
  14. Jetsfan80

And AV has lots of flaws. Most notably, it doesn't do a good enough job of taking into account position importance. For instance, in 2010, Sione Pouha received the highest AV Grade on the team. No NT should ever receive the highest grade on a team, especially a team that went 11-5. This quote from the article was funny: Well that's a positive way to spin it. "Good fortune" gave us a great draft position. Because its always a great sign for a GM that you're always picking in the top 10, lol.
  15. Jetsfan80

And AAF. https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/after-profanity-laced-aaf-washout-christian-hackenberg-may-be-out-of-options/ After profanity-laced AAF washout, Christian Hackenberg may be out of options It’s not Christian Hackenberg’s fault that the Jets took him in the second round of the 2016 NFL draft. If the Penn State alum had been selected with a pick more commensurate with his talent — say, a late third-day pick — or gone undrafted, the fact that he never threw a regular-season pass for the Jets wouldn’t be such a big deal. But Hackenberg, who was traded to the Raiders last May and released by Oakland less than a month later, did nothing to prove that he was ready for the NFL when he was actually in it, which made the Alliance of American Football a marginally interesting option. Perhaps Hackenberg could turn things around in a league with less imposing defensive competition and at least start to show a workable NFL skill set. That was the hope, anyway. But based on his AAF debut, Hackenberg may be at the end of the road. In the Memphis Express’ 26-0 loss at the hands of the Birmingham Iron (love these World Football League-style names), he completed just 10 of 23 passes for 87 yards and an interception. Moreover, he kept throwing profanity during his less-than-incendiary performance (warning: NSFW language abounds): It’s nobody else’s fault but Hackenberg’s if he can’t complete a simple RPO, or if he throws late into a cabal of defenders, or his dropback makes him look like your Uncle Frank after too many brews at the July 4 barbecue. This is, quite simply, a quarterback who does not appear to be ready for anything approaching professional football, and while that’s unfortunate, it’s also the reality of things. Perhaps the worst second-round pick in NFL history has nowhere to go from here if he can’t do something to improve his performance.
  16. Mastenpark

Josh Allen was trying to throw a back shoulder throw to Benjamin what was Darnold excuse for this
  17. Mastenpark

Some Jets fans are so delusional
  18. The Chargers look poised to win it all this years. Rivers going to retire Elway style.
  19. GreenFish

Most under-rated Jet of all time

Serious answer: D’Brick. Not so serious answer: Keyshawn Johnson. Imagine what he could have done if we would have just given him the damn ball. Just throw him the damn ball and his big head would have caught it no handed.
  20. jetstream23

2020 Draft Class

7 WRs and 5 OTs......12 players, more than 1/3 of the first round. One of these has to be a target for the Jets in 2020.
  21. Snell41

GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

Considering he burned himself in season one playing the candle game with Shay, I’d say that’d be a sh*tload more careless than creative. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. all you knobs would go to work for free? didnt think so.
  23. GreenFish

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/5/17/18629056/new-york-jets-how-bad-was-mike-maccagnans-draft-performance-stats-on-maccagnan-drafts-2015-2018 I thought this article was pretty good. Adds some quantitative analysis to the debate. I like the Net AV because it creates more of an apples to apples comparison amongst teams. Macc drafting at 6 should get a player than a team drafting 24. The Net AV tried to factor that in. Nothing we didn’t already know. Good in the first. Terrible the rest of the way. Full draft he was the 8th worst at drafting.
  1. Load more activity

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social