All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Could just as easily be "we want one of MHJ or Nabors"; easiest way for the Giants to make that happen is to convince another team that they need to trade into the top 5 for a QB
  3. Feel free to put your own rankings. I thought wider bands was an easier way to remove excess emotions from the rankings. Ulbrich has a ton of talent to work with. I don’t see the matchup flexibility I see in the best coaches. Letting CeeDee Lamb or Jalen Waddle kill DJ Reed or a soft zone when we can take them out of the game with Sauce Gardner is a prime example.
  4. If the chargers want a wr and don’t want to trade back far that’s a good easy haul for them.
  5. Three picks in less than an hour...that's what I'm talking about
  6. That'd be weird, but since the giants may be thinking that the chargers are likely to trade back, I guess it's not out of the question... Chargers fans will be having a goddamn party if MHJ lands at 5 for them hahaha. I don't mind the scenario you're spinning, although I'd rather like MHJ to land in the NFC
  7. Man, if only there were some way of assessing in advance how "variables outside of a player's control that impact their production" might play out for a given player. That would be amazing. I would think "look at the history of how other players at their position have done coming into the league" would be a method, but what do I know? Clearly that's not something applicable to Brock Bowers.
  8. So, when you say Mike Williams is a “top 10” WR2, I wonder if it would be better to use X, Y, and Z, instead? I think “WR2” is a little hard to define. If you are just using WR2 as a placeholder for “second best WR option on a given team” then I get it. But I think it can be tricky to compare guys who line up primarily in the slot to guys who primarily line up outside. anyway, I like a lot of your list
  9. If the jets go OL at 10 he’s the guy. He can play guard on opening day and slide to tackle if someone gets hurt. He makes a ton of sense over a guy like fuaga. He’s the OL who is a win now and later guy.
  10. True. I suppose if we're real lucky we can get them in a bid war. I think if the Broncos are really looking for a QB they're just praying someone is there at 12 (due to the aforementioned lack of picks) but if them and the Raiders both know they're interested in Nix or Penix, who knows? Personally, I think and hope the Jets screw the Broncos over by helping out the Raiders if that's the case. Maybe JD carries a grudge for Hackett and ar8 lol
  11. If MHJ is at 5, I could see the Chargers doing everything they can to trade down draft an OL and look at WR later in the draft.
  12. I think that's way too vague, top-10, middle-12, bottom-10. Like saying Sauce is top-10 is doing him a disservice. Same as lumping Simpson and Moses into the same category. Also not sure Gipson would be considered bottom-10 as a returner. His one PR TD alone should guarantee him at least a spot in the middle 12. Also how tf is Ulbrich "middle 12" for D coaches?
  13. Also, if the giants really want a qb and trade up to 4, and 4 qbs go with the first 4 picks, then the Vikings are also left out of the qb derby. So it’s possible there is going to be a race to get nix and/or penix after that, with denver, minny, LV and maybe another team in the mix.
  14. I would love Fautanu...but only if the top 3 WRs (MHJ, Nabers and Rome) are off the board and the top 2 OTs (Alt & Fashanu) are gone and no option to trade back less than 5 slots.
  15. He is saying the most important position group is OL, and his Michigan and SF 49ers teams were a run 1st offensive teams. This isn't some reading the tea leaves or anything, its his philosophy and has always been.
  16. With the 50th pick in the 2024 JetNation Mock Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU @ParadisOTC and @BroadwayBen on deck
  17. Well done. And add to the list the time when he leaked the Sauce pick on social media before it happened, lol. The idea that Woody Johnson - who has all the time on his hands because he has no job other than “Jets owner” - doesn’t meddle is utterly laughable. If he didn’t meddle he’d have nothing else to do.
  18. That would surprise me but anything is possible if one GM likes a prospect enough. I still like Newton more than any other DT prospect in this draft. I'd still probably lean Murphy over Fiske, but he wouldn't be too far off that point. Gotta remember too though, Fiske will be 25 by the end of his rookie season. I wouldn't really care about his age if he's on the board in the 2nd, or especially the 3rd, but in the 1st that would be a tough sell if these other guys are available.
  19. Only reason I can think of for the Broncos to move up is if they think the Raiders are trying to move ahead of them to take a QB they want. Could be McCarthy and Penix on the board at that time. Nix too.
  20. Tough to get excited about this season… this team is made up of a core that’s never won a thing, and a bunch of nobodies. It feels like we’re just riding out the end of a bad era and waiting/hoping for the next generation.
  21. As independent as you can be (and injuries aside for now), where do you rank the current starters and coaches? Rank by Top 10, Middle 12, Bottom 10 of 32 teams. My Offense rankings QB Aaron Rodgers (top 10) RB Breece Hall (top 10) WR1 Garrett Wilson (top 10) WR2 Mike Williams (top 10) WR3 Xavier Gipson (bottom 10) TE Tyler Conklin (middle 12) LT Tyron Smith (top 10) LG John Simpson (middle 12) C Joe Tippmann (middle 12) RG AVT (top 10) RT Morgan Moses (middle 12) My Defense rankings LE Jermaine Johnson (top 10) DT Kinlaw (bottom 10) DT Quinnen (top 10) RE JFM/McDonald (middle 12) LB Mosley (middle 12) LB Quincy (top 10) CB1 Sauce (top 10) CB2 Reed (top 10) Slot Carter II (top 10) FS Adams (middle 12) SS Clark (bottom 12) My Specials Teams rankings K Zuerlein (top 10) P Mostead (top 10) Returner Gipson (bottom 10) My Coaching rankings HC Saleh (bottom 10) OC Hackett (bottom 10) DC Ulbrich (middle 12)
  22. Any plan that includes selecting Bowers at 10 is a failed plan period!
  23. Florio on PFT is still pushing this story, despite Wolfe retracting it an issuing an apology. She wasn't there, admits she wasn't there, admits that lots of others who were there have a different version of events to that which she reported on, she has issued an apology and clearly wants to move on... ...and Florio is still suggesting that her original story was correct, despite zero corroboration and Wolfe herself retracting her claims. Florio is such a Pats* loving and Jets/Aaron Rodgers hating hack, that he will never admit that he is flogging a dead horse with this one.
  24. I did not think either of these were true. Rodgers can be cut in 2025 and if designated June 1 the hit can be spread across 2025 and 2026. Very little of Rodgers $75mm guaranteed for 2023 and 2024 were actually allocated to the cap yet. Which is kind of irresponsible. If Rodgers is on the roster in 2025, his cap hit is like $60mm, and he gets paid another $35mm in cash. I thought this was JD’s last year.
  25. Another crazy scenario. What might be the Jets "doomsday" scenario can still work out. 1) 3 QBs in top 9 2) Top 3 WRs taken 3) Top 2 OTs (Alt & Fashanu) taken 4) Bowers taken. Ended up getting a trade offer from the Colts giving us their 2nd to move back to 15 and us also giving them a 4th rounder.
  26. God I hope not. This may be a hot take, but i think BTJ is looking more likely to be a bust than not. Especially if we don't trade back, I'll be very upset if we take him.
  1. Load more activity