All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As opposed to us, a medium-sized clique of bitter middle-aged guys.
  3. Larry got banned for some silly stuff which is why i stopped posting/reading over there myself
  4. Well I think we're talking about the 4th QB taken not the 6th QB taken. It's quite common for the top 3 QB prospects aren't the 1-2-3 best NFL QBs. I don't know that I'm right; I just think we're looking at it from a prospect ranking - almost like a numerical grade comparison - than how a team feels about an individual prospect's strengths or presumed system-fit, that (in the eyes of the next QB-drafting team) lifts the 4th decidedly above the 5th and 6th on the board. Josh Rosen was expected by many/most to get drafted no later than #3. Not only did he drop to #11 unexpectedly, but there isn't a person on earth who'd still draft him ahead of the 5th one taken, who went way down at #32, whom some saw as undraftable as a QB. So again, eye of the beholder. Sometimes team guess way, way wrong on that (like every Jets QB drafted in this past generation, for example), and sometimes the one who is smitten with a prospect's upside is totally correct, and they end up with Lamar Jackson.
  5. Starting to sound like a dozen teams in the NFL would all like to solve their franchise OT problem for the next decade in this one draft.
  6. I said let's hope not let's expect As long as it's not another McDonald's Becton type pick, I'll survive. Edit: also @ bakhtiari, I think I speak for most everyone when I say I'd be happy to have him on the vet minimum. Injuries and all. The real issue for us is that he may just want to hold out for a real paycheck from some desperate team later on.
  7. Tom Curran spent a few minutes on the Jonathan Kraft/Diane Russini talk. He said, the Krafts have always been involved in so much they were looped into trades and things of that nature even when Belichick was involved. Now, he did not bet his left nut that she is out there. Him and Phil Perry do not think the Krafts are pulling a Jerry Jones. Russini might be on to something, but I will trust them until proven otherwise. As far as Vrabel, I was excited when he became available. I would not have minded if he was the HC of the NEP for the reasons you gave. My belief, the Kraft Patriots have always tried to mirror the Pittsburgh Steelers in how they run things. I think hiring Mayo was the Krafts attempt at adding that former player, youngish coach with some coaching experience. I think it is a hire for the next 15-20 years. A learning curve is probably assumed.
  8. Amon-Ra St Brown (and his $120m extension) endorse this post.
  9. I find making accurate rational reasonable predictions to be fun. Then I find hoping (rooting) that we exceed those predictions on Sundays to be fun. If it's "fun" to year after year after year be a massive over-the-top hype-lord only to see the team perform it's annual collapse to mediocrity every year, well......that kind of "fun" is beyond my understanding. Seems like it's not that much fun to looks utterly stupid and be completely wrong all the time in the name of "optimism fun". We all have hope for a good season. We don't all have to be ridiculous in our hyper-optimism about it.
  10. Yeah, 2019 was the last year that wide receivers have fallen that way. The last four have been different. It’s nice that Jason at OTC has that perspective based on old contract data. His site is good. Sports evolve. I believe we’ve seen a small paradigm shift that makes sense based on how the sport has changed and that the data going forward will show something different than what the old data did. We’ll see.
  11. It’s the biggest issue in predicting what the jets do b/c you have a gm who is by all accounts drafting for his job and needs a guy to step in day 1 and start producing. This implies OL should not be the pick, yet it’s their biggest need b/c both tackles are old and one is already breaking down. It seems to me the the best way to address playmaker and OL and also get an immediate contributor is to take the playmaker in round 1 even if it’s after a trade out, and then trade up for a pretty good OT in day 2.
  12. Have you looked at our drafting record at all?
  13. yeah... just to swap Higgins for MHJ. Hey, they made the offer... I grabbed it. Helped me do a good draft for chargers.
  14. Hahaha I didn't vouch for Penix, I was just explaining why I think the Raiders could trade up if they like him. Personally, I think Penix outshines Pickett, both in terms of arm talent and the college production he's shown us. Pickett was the "best" of a horrible batch of QBs, Penix is viewed around the 5th best of a supposedly "good" group. Nonetheless, if you think Penix will bust, you're probably right. Most young QBs do. I like him but I wouldn't bet real money on him sticking as an NFL starter. Might draft him in dynasty fantasy if he falls though.
  15. some people find enjoyment in mocking the coaches/team/owner - others find enjoyment having hope for a good season (all thru the offseason). it's just different ways to have enjoyment.
  16. would you like to make a wager (charity) that the Jets have a better than 20th record in the league this coming year. This assumes that Rodgers plays more than 2/3 of the snaps.
  17. I don't think any rookie would come in and take the spot of any of them except maybe Simpson. He's the weakest link. So it's gonna be you draft a guy to possibly upgrade LG or possibly just sitting until there's an injury or bad performance.
  18. I agree whole heartedly with this take. I've said this in other threads, but I think many mock drafters have Bowers very high in their rankings and can't help mocking him high (to the Jets, Bears, titans, etc) to feel justified about that. I've seen kiper and at least one nfl.com analyst admit as much. In reality, I think NFL gms will showcase the modern "premium position" mentality and he'll end up in that 15-20 range. The colts feel like the sweet spot to me. I don't buy all the way I to the "premium" thing, but so many of the top teams have needs at those positions and talent available to fill those needs.
  19. Which is why I will never understand the absolute desperation some Jets fans have to rank the Jets at the top of April Power Rankings, or obsess over Power Rankings, or bemoan when we're not ranked as high as they desire on Power Rankings. Power Rankings are about as meaningful as how many hairs I have on my ass. Worse, the "we MUST be #3 in the NFL in Power Rankings" posts just reek of desperation, not legitimate optimism. Look at the first few posts, it's the same guys who every year, no matter what, go all over-the-top about how "great" the Jets are, lol. It's like a right of Spring at this point. Blah blah "on paper", blah blah "power rankings", whatever. It's April. When it's September, win games. That's what matters, not Power Rankings. Lets worry about something real, the Draft, tomorrow. That matters. This thread doesn't.
  20. The Jets almost beat the Chiefs with Zach all game - blowing it early, and then blowing it late. Swap him for Rodgers, the obvious OL improvements, Breece being full time from week 1, adding a serious WR2 to the Jets and remove the only WR the Chiefs had in the first place, and obviously the Jets are obviously catapulted into the team to beat. Jets should be #1 right now, obviously.
  21. I don't hate the mock, but you got something against Dallas Turner? Or did ya just forget him? I reckon a number of these teams, particularly in the 20s, would be throwing a party if he was available.
  1. Load more activity