All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I AM A BIGGER DICK THAN PEOPLE ALREADY THINK I AM
  3. Maybe they did, but Dobbins is still just 25 and is on a one-year show-me contract where - teammate injuries aside - he'll figure to get a lot more carries splitting time with Edwards again than he would get backing up Breece Hall. I think Elliot is a good guess. He's not what he once was, but that's the point (he won't be $$$$, can still do well in limited carries but is going to slow down more over the course of a game regularly getting 15+ touches; plus no more force-feeding carries like they did with Cook, just to do so, and/or so they could justify the acquisition in the first place). No discord, either. He comes in to back up Breece Hall, he knows he should only expect to get a token # of carries while Hall is healthy, or in garbage time to close out a no longer competitive game. There's no confusion; there's no slights for not giving him the ball; he knows what it is before signing, and really there isn't some long line of teams to offer him so much better anyway.
  4. They also had red flags. Darnold had turnover issues going back to college, trying to do too much, and forcing throws in non existent windows (seeing 👻) . Wilson was a mediocre QB who played in a weak conference, whose only good season was playing against scrubs. Pennington was before my time so idk Being a consensus top pick doesn't mean that these players are actually good, bad evaluations are a thing
  5. Rodgers takes off his GM hat on draft day. I doubt it was his idea to draft a third string edge rusher.
  6. The Conklin stuff is silly. He’s one of the Jets’ four best skill position players. The question isn’t Conklin vs. Bowers, it’s which pass catcher do you want lining up with Wilson, Williams, Hall, and Conklin. Nabers is an explosive slot who you could move outside at times to kick Wilson to the slot. Odunze would offer more of a traditional big outside receiver who could still play inside. Could shuffle the three around and have a good replacement for Williams if he gets hurt. Don’t think they’ll move up high enough to take Harrison but same general idea with more polish. Thomas you’d just park outside and ask him to win deep and maybe do some gadget stuff while he develops. Don't think they’ll take him either. Call it the Christian Watson plan with Rodgers a couple years ago. Bowers would be a big slot. Motion, gadget stuff, quick flip outs when mismatches are identified at the LOS to get YAC, wheel routes, mostly short dress of the field. Then you hope he develops as a route runner so he can do more traditional routes and ideally play some as an isolated receiver - though he’d still do some stuff he’s comfortable with early. As you move down to the guys around 72 it’s largely a less exciting version of the general concept of similar profiles (explosive slot, big slot, inside/out, outside).
  7. Why not just type that you’re a bigger dick than people already think you are?
  8. He’s bigger than all of our linebackers and one of our defensive linemen and Tyler Conklin weighs 254 lbs
  9. I’d be much faster too if I had SEC LBs chasing me down with bad intentions. High pitch screams only dogs could hear.
  10. Word Hurdle 1645 2/6 #wordhurdle 💙💛💙💛🤍🤍 💙💙💙💙💙💙 https://solitaired.com/wordhurdle Play our other games like Solitaire, at https://solitaired.com/
  11. He injured his Achilles on a play where he was supposed to get the ball out fast because of the blocking scheme, but didn’t because he wasn’t confident the pass catcher was open. I think he wants more receiving options. …I don’t really think he wants better receiving options because of that play, but I also don’t think the OL is what got Rodgers hurt so they need to add OL argument holds any weight.
  12. Wordle 1,034 4/6 ⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨 🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  13. I think this topic would be a good place to discuss the pro and cons of Brock Bowers
  14. Trading back will depend upon whether or not the Vikings moved up, and what they, Denver, and Las Vegas think about the remaining QBs. If he can’t land his stud WR, moving down would be the proper move. They’d need to trade a player or future assets to do so. They only have four picks and their last two don’t add up to move from #9 to 6. I’m pretty fine with them potentially wanting an OL, but taking the best defender there would be better.
  15. If Bowers is really that good and versatile maybe he can be used in some unique hybrid role as an unorthodox WR/TE/RB. Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  16. Where did his 20% 1st down conversion rate and 0 TD's rank?
  17. Exactly. A GM is supposed to have some foresight. At least enough to see that a late riser during a COVID season who struggled mightily the few times he faced elite competition was a bad idea at 2 overall. Or to see that a guy who led all of FBS in turnovers his final year at USC and played Linebacker in High School might not be the best idea at 3 overall, either.
  1. Load more activity