1. Both Gase & Williams fired by Monday. It’s clear the team has given up on both sides of the ball - both should be held accountable. Also fire Dowell Loggains.
2. Make Brant Boyer interim head coach, seeing as his unit is the only unit that isn’t a complete sh*tshow. Jim Bob Cooter becomes OC. Andre Carter DC.
3. Instructions from Boyer to Cooter: “light up the scoreboard, put the ball in Darnold’s hands 90% of the time to give him the reps and let’s see what he’s really made of”.
4. JD has been given the reigns, no questions asked. He’s got 4 years left in his contract and if I’m the owner, I pull back and let him do his Ficken job. Clean sweep of the entire coaching staff the Tuesday after Week 17. A few names come to mind: Greg Roman, the OC from Titans, Bills OC, Darrell Bevell. Search the College ranks too. Interview as many people as possible.
5. FA focus:
- 2 x WR: Go get JuJu, and either Sammy Watkins, Kenny Stills, or Allen Robinson (whoever ends up the best available FA of the three).
- We need corners: Depends who comes available but we need to add 2-3 CBs. Xavier Rhodes, Jason Verrett, Quinton Dunbar, Patrick Peterson, TJ Carrie are all set to be FA next year for now.
6. With a likely top 3 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets... trade down. We need as many picks as possible. OL, Edge, OL, Edge. Two areas we’ve been talking about for years that never seem to get solved. Also, another QB between rounds 2-5, even if Sam balls out.
7. Enter 2021 chasing that new 7th seed wildcard spot.