just watched Treylon Burks - jotted a few notes as I was watching.
(Games watched: Alabama 2021, Georgia 2020, Florida 2020, Auburn 2021, Ole Miss 2021, Texas A&M 2021)
• Big frame/Prototype WR1 size.
• Moves really well, vertically, for his stature.
• Has a good habit of finishing his routes strong.
• Does well working the sideline.
• 1 on 1 nightmare match up for DB’s
• Pretty strong hands. Looks natural when he catches it.
• Versatile in the sense that you can use him as a weapon horizontally or vertically. The fly route or the screen pass, the deep post or the jet sweep.
• High points on the 50/50 well.
• Explosive athlete and natural playmaker.
• Good patience sitting down on the top of his route and making himself available.
• Comes back for the ball well, covers ground quickly. Attacks the pass & doesn’t wait for it to come to him.
• Burks in open space is deadly and the addition of his size is what makes that even more impressive in live motion.
• Doesn’t sell his route well when the play isn’t going to him. Half jogs it on a good portion of run plays.
• Limited exposure to man coverage in everything I’ve seen.
• Gets a bit grabby on blocks to the outside. Also think he’s an inconsistent blocker.
• Will need more moves off the LOS in his tool box other than the stutter step.
• question his quickness breaking inside at times. NFL DB’s will be tighter to his hip & the window to make a play will be smaller.
Top 15 selection