Another week, another L. We're still in the driver's seat for #1 overall with the Chiefs up next.
* The Jets caught the Bills off guard early switching up play calling duties from Gase to Loggains. Credit Gase for some solid gamesmanship after telling the media we're on step 2 last week. The offense looked effective early and the players were executing well.
* It took all of about 2 drives for the Bills to adjust to what the Jets were doing offensively and then completely snuffed it out.
* The Jets offense is fundamentally flawed in pass protection and has been since Gase arrived. They seem to be incapable of picking up additional rushers. This has been consistent throughout the Gase tenure regardless of QB.
* Darnold continues to regress. His INT before half was awful, he's holding the ball too long and he nearly got Perriman killed throwing him into the safety on the last drive.
* The Jets offense almost never takes shots down field.
* Mims looked good in his debut. There was nothing about his play that stood out as special but he was able to get open, catch the ball and looked the part.
* The defense played well in the redzone not giving up any TDS and had a generally good game plan. They forced Allen to dink and dunk his way down the field giving him a lot of opportunities to screw up which he did a couple of times.
* Quinnen Williams had a very strong game and spent a lot of time in the back field. Hopefully a coming out party of sorts for him.
* Bless Austin continues to impress.
* It looks like the Jets have some nice young players to build around going forward.