JETS offense takes a major step backwards

visajets

Where did you get that ? On what do you base that conclusion ?

Your over the top, never ending complaints about the two of them over and over again, perhaps?

The Jets brought back 3/4's of Sanchez' leading receivers from last year. They added a couple rookies at RB and WR who looked tonight like they may be able to contribute immediately. They have a couple other players that were in development from last year in Cumberland and Turner who also look improved and ready to play.

Oh, and they added two solid veteran WR's who've put up quality numbers in recent years to bolster the WR ranks.

And the sky is falling.

38 comes after 37.

Ankle.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming we all watched the same football game tonight, I think we can end this debate until something comes up that's actually anything worth debating on this topic. The Jets WRs will be just fine with or without Plax. Sure there's still plenty of more that needs to be seen, but that was a very nice start from a whole lot of guys despite beginning one man down.

Your over the top, never ending complaints about the two of them over and over again, perhaps?

The Jets brought back 3/4's of Sanchez' leading receivers from last year. They added a couple rookies at RB and WR who looked tonight like they may be able to contribute immediately. They have a couple other players that were in development from last year in Cumberland and Turner who also look improved and ready to play.

Oh, and they added two solid veteran WR's who've put up quality numbers in recent years to bolster the WR ranks.

And the sky is falling.

38 comes after 37.

Ankle.

Huh ? Care to explain the 38 comes before 37 statement ?

So age does not matter ?

So you are now denying he was not productive for us as #2 WR ?

And how many drops did he have last season ?

Dude, you are all over the map. I'm not even sure what you are saying with that double negative, but who the **** said he wasn't productive? I said Mason, Plaxico and Kerley would produce more than Edwards, Cotchery and Smith. You don't like that because I am not allowed to mention Cotchery in this thread. I'm guessing he had about 7 drops, but I don't remember the drop stats. Do you deny he has an alcohol problem?

Assuming we all watched the same football game tonight, I think we can end this debate until something comes up that's actually anything worth debating on this topic. The Jets WRs will be just fine with or without Plax. Sure there's still plenty of more that needs to be seen, but that was a very nice start from a whole lot of guys despite beginning one man down.

I missed tonite's game. Work related issues. But i am going to catch the re-run.

Who shone ? The local guys here were talking about McElroy ? Was he lights out ?

I missed tonite's game. Work related issues. But i am going to catch the re-run.

Who shone ? The local guys here were talking about McElroy ? Was he lights out ?

If you want to go around tooting horns about the front office, I was on record as saying the priorities should be WR1, RT, CB, WR2. I'm not sure that puts RT high enough.

Dude, you are all over the map. I'm not even sure what you are saying with that double negative, but who the **** said he wasn't productive? I said Mason, Plaxico and Kerley would produce more than Edwards, Cotchery and Smith. You don't like that because I am not allowed to mention Cotchery in this thread. I'm guessing he had about 7 drops, but I don't remember the drop stats. Do you deny he has an alcohol problem?

IIRC he had 1 dropped pass. Santonio had 5!

And once again...we shoot ahead with the alcohol problem BS!

And once again...we shoot ahead with the alcohol problem BS!

What's your explanation for why no team in the league was willing to sign him for more than $1M for one year if it's not his recurring alcohol related incidents (listed a couple times in this thread and ignored by you), and the underlying disease they suggest?

If you have no explanation, what's your best guess?

What's your explanation for why no team in the league was willing to sign him for more than $1M for one year if it's not his recurring alcohol related incidents (listed a couple times in this thread and ignored by you), and the underlying disease they suggest?

I am sure you are not a kid (although some of your banter proves otherwise)

Honestly can you tell me in all these years that you have never seen all the teams in the league be collectively wrong about a player ?

A mill is a steal for a player of such high talent!

And for the JETS the added benefit would have been he knows the playbook and is on same page as the QB and was very productive in this offense last year!

At the end of the day the JETS FO were handed the right cards and they acted like they forgot how to play!!!

Honestly can you tell me in all these years that you have never seen all the teams in the league be collectively wrong about a player ?

And for the JETS the added benefit would have been he knows the playbook and is on same page as the QB and was very productive in this offense last year!

At the end of the day the JETS FO were handed the right cards and they acted like they forgot how to play!!!

The added benefit for the Jets is also that they know the player. They know the person he is. They know his habits, and they hear all the rumors. They were in a significantly better position to judge his character vs. the player he might be on the field than you ever were - don't you think?

What do you think it is that led every team in the NFL to be wrong about him, including the team he spent the last year and a half with?

That was the question. Not could every team in the league be wrong about a player. But rather, what do you think led every team in the league to pass on him?

Please try not to avoid the question this time. Just answer. What's your best guess? Why did the whole league pass on this talent? Why does Chansi Stuckey have a better contract than Braylon Edwards?

^Haha, don't expect an actual answer. This dude talks in circles and answers questions with unrelated questions. Whether its alcohol related or not, something is wrong with Braylon. That's the only logical reason no team would give him more than a million after the productive season he had. Don't you think that's just a LITTLE bit strange?

^Haha, don't expect an actual answer. This dude talks in circles and answers questions with unrelated questions. Whether its alcohol related or not, something is wrong with Braylon. That's the only logical reason no team would give him more than a million after the productive season he had. Don't you think that's just a LITTLE bit strange?

Haha is right.

*the sound of Colorado crickets*

Haha is right.

*the sound of Colorado crickets*

Aren't those bull testicles?

If something were in fact wrong with Edwards, wouldnt it be public knowledge by now? Whatever makes you all feel better I guess.

Why do think he only rated such a lame offer? I don't know what it was. But Chris Carter's coke problem didn't come out for years. I have no firm idea, but there is something beyond him not being as good as this board thought.

I think the off the field stuff is part of the problem, but there is no reason for someone of Edwards talent and production to be getting paid peanuts unless he wants that. I mean even the Ghost might make a million and he hasnt done a thing. I have to think that no other teams in the NFL wanted a 1 year rental. My guess is they either wanted Braylon on their terms---say 3 or 4 years for 15-20 million---or not at all. I think he and his agent priced him so high that they cant take that kind of deal. At Edwards' age at the end of the 3 or 4 year contract completely prohibits him from ever getting a big money free agency deal.If he gets cut in 2 years nobody will think much of him and if he exceeds the deal he will gripe about being underpaid 2 or 3 years of the contract. By the time he gets his release he is too old to cash in. I think at the end they just started fishing for a team where Edwards might do well and hope he can cash in next season. If he cant he'll still get the same 3 year deal from some team that was probably on the table this year. SF has a new coach that wants to throw the ball and get the receivers involved. Since Harbaugh is high profile the team will get followed on ESPN and have a decent shot at making the playoffs since the division is so bad. They play the AFC North this year and Edwards is familiar with those teams so it shouldnt be a ton of extra work for him. If the team flops odds are they will be throwing the ball all around playing catch up. Either way his stats might get inflated. So I think that was really the consideration here and not that every team in the NFL was scared of him.

What do you think it is that led every team in the NFL to be wrong about him, including the team he spent the last year and a half with?

That was the question. Not could every team in the league be wrong about a player. But rather, what do you think led every team in the league to pass on him?

Please try not to avoid the question this time. Just answer. What's your best guess? Why did the whole league pass on this talent? Why does Chansi Stuckey have a better contract than Braylon Edwards?

This did not show up in my unread notifications! I am not sure why is that.

And i see what you did there. What a super douche move! You did not answer my question and ended up asking a bunch of your own and ended with a 'try not to avoid my question' rhetoric while you have never been able to provide any answers to my questions at all.

So i will ask the question again: Honestly can you tell me in all these years that you have never seen all the teams in the league be collectively wrong about a player ?

P.S: You still have to provide me a link to prove Braylon had an alcohlic problem!

You would make a good ball$cratcher!

I think the off the field stuff is part of the problem, but there is no reason for someone of Edwards talent and production to be getting paid peanuts unless he wants that. I mean even the Ghost might make a million and he hasnt done a thing. I have to think that no other teams in the NFL wanted a 1 year rental. My guess is they either wanted Braylon on their terms---say 3 or 4 years for 15-20 million---or not at all. I think he and his agent priced him so high that they cant take that kind of deal. At Edwards' age at the end of the 3 or 4 year contract completely prohibits him from ever getting a big money free agency deal.If he gets cut in 2 years nobody will think much of him and if he exceeds the deal he will gripe about being underpaid 2 or 3 years of the contract. By the time he gets his release he is too old to cash in. I think at the end they just started fishing for a team where Edwards might do well and hope he can cash in next season. If he cant he'll still get the same 3 year deal from some team that was probably on the table this year. SF has a new coach that wants to throw the ball and get the receivers involved. Since Harbaugh is high profile the team will get followed on ESPN and have a decent shot at making the playoffs since the division is so bad. They play the AFC North this year and Edwards is familiar with those teams so it shouldnt be a ton of extra work for him. If the team flops odds are they will be throwing the ball all around playing catch up. Either way his stats might get inflated. So I think that was really the consideration here and not that every team in the NFL was scared of him.

Ive seen this analysis before and it makes some sense. OTOH, he wants to play one good year and make a score so he picks the team with Alex Smith at QB? I mean they are bringing in Culpepper for a look, what are the odds that Edwards has a big year over there?

This did not show up in my unread notifications! I am not sure why is that.

And i see what you did there. What a super douche move! You did not answer my question and ended up asking a bunch of your own and ended with a 'try not to avoid my question' rhetoric while you have never been able to provide any answers to my questions at all.

So i will ask the question again: Honestly can you tell me in all these years that you have never seen all the teams in the league be collectively wrong about a player ?

P.S: You still have to provide me a link to prove Braylon had an alcohlic problem!

Interesting point. Have you answered a direct question yet?

And the sky is falling.

38 comes after 37.

Ankle.

Huh ? Care to explain the 38 comes before 37 statement ?

So age does not matter ?

Question: Care to explain the 38 comes before 37 statement ?

The added benefit for the Jets is also that they know the player. They know the person he is. They know his habits, and they hear all the rumors. They were in a significantly better position to judge his character vs. the player he might be on the field than you ever were - don't you think?

The only thing the JETS can know at best is his locker room behavior. And if there was something wrong with the NY media hounds this would have been a story a long long time ago. And the JETS would not be interested in signing him back. Rex said it himself that we wanted Edwards back for the right money!

Geez that's terrible decision making then. If you're banking on a career year you don't trust Alex Smith to get you there!

If I was him, I'd have tried to take that $1M on the Saints or another team similar to that. Heck, maybe the Eagles, they sign everyone anyway.

Ive seen this analysis before and it makes some sense. OTOH, he wants to play one good year and make a score so he picks the team with Alex Smith at QB? I mean they are bringing in Culpepper for a look, what are the odds that Edwards has a big year over there?

Interesting point. Have you answered a direct question yet?

Yawn!!!

Archived