Patriots will cut Ochocinco or Haynesworth

pfilippone

09:29 AM ET 08.14 | Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth might not be long for New England. One NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways told me he believes one or both of the big name acquisitions will be cut before the season starts. The front office man thinks coach Bill Belichick will use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room.

National Football Post

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/301790-source-patriots-will-cut-ochocinco-or-haynesworh#ixzz1V2TTwqe5

:P

09:29 AM ET 08.14 | Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth might not be long for New England. One NFL executive familiar with the Patriots ways told me he believes one or both of the big name acquisitions will be cut before the season starts. The front office man thinks coach Bill Belichick will use the controversial players to help control and send a message to his locker room.

National Football Post

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/301790-source-patriots-will-cut-ochocinco-or-haynesworh#ixzz1V2TTwqe5

:P

Here is Belichick's message:

"The Jets humiliated us in our house in the playoffs last year. They have passed us by. We have no hope of competing with them. So no one on this team should feel safe. Because it does not make a difference if you are here or not. Oh, and I still like to have sex with dead people. Let's keep that info in this locker room. Thank you and may GOD Bless".

Now, I could understand if both players weren't able to perform anymore, but I can't understand the logic of signing both Chad Johnson and Albert Haynesworth during the offseason, just so a head coach could premeditate the release of these guys... Just to show the locked room "who's boss". Anyone who signs a contract with the Patriots, already knows, before signing the contract, that Bill Belichick is the man that runs the show.

I'm not sure as to why the Patriots would even think about releasing Chad Johnson, before first seeing what he can do for the Patriots offense on the football field. Yes, he's 33 years old, but he's coming off a season where he put up 67 catches, 831 receiving yards and 4 TD's, and believe me... Tom Brady wasn't his quarterback in Cincy. They'll be able to use Chad as a weapon this year, and if anything, the threat of Chad being able to take the top off the defense will in essence help free up players such as Welker on underneath routes, allowing Branch the chance to work against #2 or in some instances lesser #3 CB's on the outside, Hernandez and Gronkowski working the middle of the field along with Woodhead coming out of the backfield and into the flats. Even if Chad Johnson does nothing against the Jets, only putting up 2 catches for 8 yards etc against Darrelle Revis... It's still a gain for the Patriots entire offense. Not only would they take Revis out of the game by using Chad as a "decoy", but just sending Johnson deep every play would also keep Revis off of players such as Wes Welker and Deion Branch. Why would NE release Chad Johnson? That would give the Jets the ability to lock up Welker with Revis, Branch with Cromartie... Allowing Rex Ryan and our defense the chance to focus on both Gronk and Hernandez "that much more".

The Patriots releasing a 30 year old Albert would make for absolutely no sense. Why, so the Jets could make a run for Haynesworth to shore up our defensive line? Haynesworth has been listed day-to-day, missing practices, but how could they afford to lose Haynesworth, when they've already lost Ty Warren and have since placed Shaun Ellis on the active/physically unable to perform list? This would leave the Patriots with only Mike Wright, an aging Andre Carter, a career underachiever in Mark Anderson and a bunch of projects in Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick and Christian Cox to choose from at defensive end. NE better pray that Ellis can recover and Haynesworth can impact or else that defensive line would look pretty weak. Vince Wilfork needs some help.

Mason is 37 coming up on 38 just sayin.............

Are you just sayin...

It's really interesting to me, because I haven't heard that point before. Just as I'm sure you've never heard that despite his age he's been a consistent performer.

Have you heard that over the last three years Mason has played in more games, gained more yards for a higher yds/catch, and scored more TD's than Ocho has? It's true.

I'm guessing it's Haynesworth, and not because Beli is some mind freak genius, but because they found out that Haynesworth is finished.

I'd love for this to be the case.

Same goes for Shaun Ellis. After losing Ty Warren due to injury related issues, if the Patriots were to lose both Haynesworth and Shaun Ellis because of injury... I believe it's safe to say that NE's defense would be in for a worlds of trouble due to a weak defensive front.

Are you just sayin...

It's really interesting to me, because I haven't heard that point before. Just as I'm sure you've never heard that despite his age he's been a consistent performer.

Have you heard that over the last three years Mason has played in more games, gained more yards for a higher yds/catch, and scored more TD's than Ocho has? It's true.

Braylon.

Ocho just made $4.75M to sign with New England. There is no way they pay a player that salary to prove a point. Haynesworth received nothing so if there is a guy to go its him. I have to imagine he was pretty pissed off to see that the Patriots signed Shaun Ellis to a bigger contract with more guaranteed money which might have made the attitude get even worse hoping to get a release.

This has already been discredited by everyone around the Pats as an absurd throwaway line by some mysterious "exec" that turned into a baseless rumor.

Has incarceratedbob tweeted it yet? If not, it's not fact. Simple as that.

Mason is 37 coming up on 38 just sayin.............

You love repeating yourself. Just sayin....

Mason had a better year than Johnson and he's 37. What's that say for Johnson??? Who would you rather have on the team LOL? It's not close.

Please stop with the arguments that Johnson takes Revis out of the game. Revis's SOLE PURPOSE is to take receivers out, and he won't always be covering Johnson, but we know he's got his number. I'd stick Cro on Johnson, Put Revis on Branch and Wilson on Welker. Then switch them up each play to confuse the hell outta those losers. Claiming Johnson takes Revis out of the game is beyond retarded. The goal of the offense is to complete passes and get first downs, not to use your #1 receiver as a decoy. Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Ocho just made $4.75M to sign with New England. There is no way they pay a player that salary to prove a point. Haynesworth received nothing so if there is a guy to go its him. I have to imagine he was pretty pissed off to see that the Patriots signed Shaun Ellis to a bigger contract with more guaranteed money which might have made the attitude get even worse hoping to get a release.

Jason, did Ellis get any kind of signing bonus from the Pats? How much would they be on the hook for if they cut him before opening day?

Jason, did Ellis get any kind of signing bonus from the Pats? How much would they be on the hook for if they cut him before opening day?

He received a 750K signing bonus and a a 1.75M roster bonus, but Im guessing the roster bonus is due if he makes the final roster cut. So 750K is the likely cap charge if they dump him.

Archived