Jets vs Texans: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mistah T needs to stop being cute with these draft picks.

Enough of these players from low-level schools being taken at high-stakes draft slots.

Just stick to the damn BCS conference, Accountant.

So Kenrick Ellis who looks like good and is a monster of a human being means nothing? Wilson is playing better and looks good so far, Kerley looks good and has done nothing to refute all the praise he's gotten so far in TC. The only real issue is Vlad unless you magically have some others?

Personally, I'm not making a big deal out of it. I was just hoping to spot a couple guys that really stood out... made huge plays. So far, not much.

Josh Mauga came up big time with two impact plays for our defense. As soon as Bart Scott left the game, we seen Mauga come up with a tackle behind the LOS followed by a sack of the QB.

So Kenrick Ellis who looks like good and is a monster of a human being means nothing? Wilson is playing better and looks good so far, Kerley looks good and has done nothing to refute all the praise he's gotten so far in TC. The only real issue is Vlad unless you magically have some others?

All these players are underwhelming.

At best.

While overall it's been bad in terms of how the scoring has gone, it's really been the same two problems that have been repeated over and over again:

1. Jets backup LBs couldn't cover if their lives depended on it.

2. Jets backup OL, except for the now injured Turner, is a giant heap of dog sh*t.

At best.

Two of them have literally had two weeks with the team, the two others have had one year in the system, seriously? And sh*t I didn't even bring up Wilkerson.

Anyway Boise St would beat most BCS conference teams and TCU is joining the Big East.

LOL @ people criticizing a 7th round draft pick that hasn't been protected all night and had no practice time with the team! Give me a break!

Mac being a 7th rounder and not having much practice has nothing to do with him having an arm weaker than Chad after 3 surgeries

At best.

Ellis, Wilson and Kerley have been "underwhelming at best" to you tonight? What game are you watching? I get not being happy with the total outcome of the game so far, but that doesn't suddenly mean every single player on the field completely sucks.

ok its preseason I shouldnt give a fck...gotcha :rolleyes:

So me saying nobody is going to be a huge revelation in the preseason means don't give a ****? Want to discuss the last two huge backup revaltions for the Jets during past preseasons, I think they were named Brett Ratliff and David Clowney? How did they work out?

Josh Mauga came up big time with two impact plays for our defense. As soon as Bart Scott left the game, we seen Mauga come up with a tackle behind the LOS followed by a sack of the QB.

Oh ya, I missed that... I remember turning it on right after and wondering who 53 was... cool

Special teams looks good. McKnight is mentally soft. Seems like he takes what happens on one play into the next. McElroy makes Pennington look like Roman Gabriel. The offense looked to be morphing towards WC short passing game. Interesting to see, but the loss of Turner threw that out the window. Cumberland looks like he put on a LOT of weight and caught the ball well. It will be interesting to see if he can block.

***The Official visajets halftime report***

Injuries, OL help may be needed Woody on standby. Ducasse is getting manhandled.

Im not impressed with Kerley.

Pass Rusher needed. Give the NYGIANTS a #2-3 for Osi.

WRs need some height.............yes I miss Braylon Edwards.

I'm trying to decide whether I should read this as "looks like god" or "looks good". I prefer the former.

Couple things so far....

The Good:

Shonn Greene - no fumbles and was his normal, surprisingly elusive, tough to bring down self like we saw the last two postseasons.

Kyle Wilson - MUCH improved from last year it seems. Has made some good plays on the ball this 1st half...

Patrick Turner - He's known as being a speed guy that likes to get down the field, but made some nice tough catches over the middle for short yardage.

Joe McKnight - Showed some good burst on a few runs, had a couple catches out of the backfield. Dropped an easy one in the last minute of the 1st half

Jeff Cumberland - Made a couple nice catches and runs where he was able to shed a defender or 2.

Ropati P - Made some real good plays along the Dline, excited to see him step up this year.

The bad:

The LB's - Waaaay too many catches and runs by rb's and guys out of the backfield... Granted a lot of this is due to it being the 1st preseason game

Matt Mulligan - Slow. Dropped passes, missed blocking assignments in passing situations....

Vlad Ducasse - Awful, just awful game out of him so far. Has allowed at least 2 sacks due to just being flat out slow to react/move his feet

Other notes:

-The OL didnt have its best half in terms of pass protection... But im going to reserve judgement some considering we were without Mangold and Moore from the beginning, and Turner went down with a lower leg injury as well.

-Sanchez looked great, but as I promised, will reserve judgement on him until the end of the 3rd preseason game.

-Jeremy Kerley was never really able to get separation on his man on offense. Looked good on kick returns though.

- Greg McElroy reminds me of Chad Pennington. Smart player that can run the west-coast offense and make the dump off and 3 step drop throws. Definitely a below average arm strength. Also holds the ball too long at times, but what rookie doesnt?

***The Official visajets halftime report***

Injuries, OL help may be needed Woody on standby. Ducasse is getting manhandled.

Im not impressed with Kerley.

Pass Rusher needed. Give the NYGIANTS a #2-3 for Osi.

WRs need some height.............yes I miss Braylon Edwards.

what game are u watching? lol

Archived