Jets vs Texans: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50 is Garrett MacIntyre. He will probably make it as 4th OLB after Westerman.

That sack was on McElroy. He had time and bodies to throw that.

Really? Gruden said everyone was blanketed.

I think it's funny people dwelling on McElroy so much... not going to keep repeating it but 7th round pick with no training camp and the o-line in front of him was PITIFUL.... needs more than a single pre-season game for a proper analysis. Now Ducasse I am worried about...

Mauga, Kenrick, Pitouita were impressive.

Offensive line depth is abysmal - Ducasse is so big, but so raw and slow... like watching an O-line version of Gholston where he'd just stare at everything happening in front of him.

RB depth looks pretty good.

Kerley would have been better if the pass interferences against him were called. He's quick. I liked what I saw.

McElroy looks like Pennington 2.0, great ability to locate open guy quick - limited arm strength to get it to him - resilient and tough. He's got some qualities as a rookie, that Sanchez still lacks. Mental toughness being one of them. He should grow into a fine backup.

Still no natural pass rushers.

Hopefully no long-term injuries. Wonder what Damien Woody is up to...

Also, Conner looked good - blew open a few holes.

Gotta give Wade Phillips credit, he had that defense looking much improved already. Great DC.

Cumberland looks like a good backup to Keller. Did my eyes deceive me or did Keller fall down on a reception attempt in the 1st quarter?

LOL... oy... hate the off-season.

Mauga, Kenrick, Pitouita were impressive.

Offensive line depth is abysmal - Ducasse is so big, but so raw and slow... like watching an O-line version of Gholston where he'd just stare at everything happening in front of him.

RB depth looks pretty good.

Kerley would have been better if the pass interferences against him were called. He's quick. I liked what I saw.

McElroy looks like Pennington 2.0, great ability to locate open guy quick - limited arm strength to get it to him - resilient and tough. He's got some qualities as a rookie, that Sanchez still lacks. Mental toughness being one of them. He should grow into a fine backup.

Still no natural pass rushers.

Hopefully no long-term injuries. Wonder what Damien Woody is up to...

Good call on a lot of this. The funny thing is as much as I hated Chadwick as the Jets starter I'll take a guy like that as a backup every day of the week. Honestly, I feel like that kind of play is really built for a backup. You're not expecting to run the same offense for your team when the backup QB is in there. You want a guy who can just calmly and coolly handle the position in a very low risk situation and not lose the game for the team while everyone else tries to pick up the slack. I have no problem with the smart, yet physically limited guy being the one who spends the vast majority of his time on your bench (not because of rotator cuff injuries mind you)

Think these guys like JJ Watt?

Can't blame them. I watched about a half dozen Wisconsin games last year and the dude made a play in every single one of them. I was hoping he was a late first rounder but every time I saw him I knew he had to be a top 15-20 pick. Gonna be a hell of a player.

Archived