Jets vs Texans: The Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't blame them. I watched about a half dozen Wisconsin games last year and the dude made a play in every single one of them. I was hoping he was a late first rounder but every time I saw him I knew he had to be a top 15-20 pick. Gonna be a hell of a player.

Agreed

Really? Gruden said everyone was blanketed.

I think it's funny people dwelling on McElroy so much... not going to keep repeating it but 7th round pick with no training camp and the o-line in front of him was PITIFUL.... needs more than a single pre-season game for a proper analysis. Now Ducasse I am worried about...

There was a back or TE open for one of those 3 yard passes he'd been throwing.

On another note: 76 Stewart from Notre Dame is absolutely HUGE for an OG. Can't see how he's been blocking. The lines been such a cluster**** it's hard to tell who is ******* up what.

Ellis Lankster hasn't looked bad.

This DePaulma kid looks like a ST ace. Be shocked if he doesnt stick around awhile...

Funny thing is I had no idea who this kid is when I went to practice Saturday and that's saying a lot, and even made that comment to my friend I was there with. Then after that I kept noticing that he was showing up a bunch of times throughout the day on both ST and on the backup offensive units. While he's probably buried way too deep at WR to make the roster, I would say he's got a good shot to be a PS guy.

Suzy kolber: "JJ Watt the guys upstairs just sucked ur cock metaphorically for the past 10 minutes, mind if I finish you off and let you blow ur wad in my face on camera?"

SUzie Kolber could probably suck JJ watt off standing straight up.

Bottom line, McElroy is going to be on the roster and Willy isn't going to be. Given the lost offseason, they're clearly trying to get him as many reps as possible to get him caught up. Nothing wrong with that really.

McElroy has some great college stats...he's gonna give Mark a run!

This DePaulma kid looks like a ST ace. Be shocked if he doesnt stick around awhile...

So many WR's though...I think it's gonna be tough for him to stick depending on how many WR's the Jets want to carry. I really think Turner has a shot because of his size which makes it Holmes, Plax, Mason, Kerley, Turner at the very least. That leaves maybe one spot? Read Manish Meta's chat today and he said that newly signed Cordarol Scales has been very impressive thus far. Another big target at 6' 4'' 220.

Good call on a lot of this. The funny thing is as much as I hated Chadwick as the Jets starter I'll take a guy like that as a backup every day of the week. Honestly, I feel like that kind of play is really built for a backup. You're not expecting to run the same offense for your team when the backup QB is in there. You want a guy who can just calmly and coolly handle the position in a very low risk situation and not lose the game for the team while everyone else tries to pick up the slack. I have no problem with the smart, yet physically limited guy being the one who spends the vast majority of his time on your bench (not because of rotator cuff injuries mind you)

Agreed completely. Most impressive part of the showing from McElroy was his controlled nerves and lack of a pouty face.

Archived