#1 seed in AFC

JOJOTOWNSELL

So, we hear from Brady 7 months after the playoff loss.

How many times has Fatboy mentioned the Pats over that time?

And what has Rex said? He said that he hopes other teams, besides the Jets, can figure out how to beat that overrated bunch of old asses up in New England, because we can't be the only team that beats them time and time and time again.

Brady was whining. Rex was trying to inspire the rest of the NFL.

Rex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you kidding me?

We lost a perennial pro bowl NT 7 plays into the season. Revis missed 2-3 games early in the season. Damian Woody didn't play in the postseason.

That's 3 ProBowlers we lost for stretches or all of last year, and those aren't close to the only injuries we had, hell Calvin Pace missed four games. We lost our defensive QB, Jim Leonhard, for the last four games and the playoffs. Do you have a friggin' what you are talking about?

He's literally the worst troll in the history of a message board.

Calvin Pace and Holmes, both missed 4 games.

Revis missed time vs his team.

Leonhard, Jenks and Ropati were all on the IR.

Cotchery missed time and was banged up all year.

Brad Smith and Woody, missed play off games.

Imagay4ever is a moron. A full blown moron. He's the worst troll I've ever seen but its fun to watch him get pwned all the time. I'm wondering how he feels about our "depth" after yesterdays' game. Our DL featured 7 players in the 1st string rotation. And Bart Scott's replacement went beast mode.

Everyone here should be a politician. Attack the opponent rather than address the issue proposed to you.

What issue? I think every Jets fan would agree that its time for this team to take it to the next level and play every game like its a playoff game so we can win the division, get a top seed, and play some home playoff games.

Or was that just you're way of deflecting since you've just been made to look like the fool that you are?

And what has Rex said? He said that he hopes other teams, besides the Jets, can figure out how to beat that overrated bunch of old asses up in New England, because we can't be the only team that beats them time and time and time again.

Brady was whining. Rex was trying to inspire the rest of the NFL.

Rex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brady.

A 60% winning percentage is owning another team. :rolleyes:

Rex should worry about his sloppy team and the Jets offensive woes rather than the Patriots. The Jets dont play the Pats for almost 3 months. Try winning a pre season game and then tell the world how great you are.

A 60% winning percentage is owning another team. :rolleyes:

Rex should worry about his sloppy team and the Jets offensive woes rather than the Patriots. The Jets dont play the Pats for almost 3 months. Try winning a pre season game and then tell the world how great you are.

Did you just brag about winning a preseason game? :rl:

I dont wanna hear about beating the Patriots

I dont wanna hear about winning the AFC east

I dont wanna hear about making the playoffs

Strange. I care about all 3 of those, and without them, we won't have the best record in the AFC... sooo?

sweep the pats and I believe we win the division while getting a bye.

if we sweep them, I can't see more then 4 losses anywhere else on the schedule.

we would just need 2 other teams to beat the patriots in that instance to secure a division title and they do have some tough matchups (eagles, colts, chargers, steelers, cowboys) odds are they lose to one of them and maybe lose to an inferior team ala browns last season.

and with the bye, I think 12-4 becomes the best record in the AFC unless maybe someone gets to 13-3 but i'd imagine at least one of the top 2 seeds will have 4 losses.

IMO this team has one goal this season.....to have the best record in the AFC, the #1 seed, 2 home playoff games....nothing less!

I dont wanna hear about beating the Patriots

I dont wanna hear about winning the AFC east

I dont wanna hear about making the playoffs

This fan base needs to win this race wire to wire, let this season be a celebration from week 10 or 11 on!

#1 seed....nothing less!

Hope to see you all at the AFC championship game this year....Joe get the grill ready!

Yeah but to do that we have to beat the Pats twice. I see the high water mark in the AFC as 12-4...I believe we will be 1 of 2 teams with that mark, the other being the Pats, we get the nod over them by beating them twice.....

sweep the pats and I believe we win the division while getting a bye.

if we sweep them, I can't see more then 4 losses anywhere else on the schedule.

we would just need 2 other teams to beat the patriots in that instance to secure a division title and they do have some tough matchups (eagles, colts, chargers, steelers, cowboys) odds are they lose to one of them and maybe lose to an inferior team ala browns last season.

and with the bye, I think 12-4 becomes the best record in the AFC unless maybe someone gets to 13-3 but i'd imagine at least one of the top 2 seeds will have 4 losses.

Thank you, John Madden.

"You see here, Al, 12-4 will be the best record un na n n n n unless someone goes 13-3, in which case, that would be good for a #1 seed."

Because I hate the Jets and think they're over-rated, I'm a fool. Got it.

Anyone else?

It's one thing to think the Jets are overrated, I personally have been having this overwhelming feeling of dread heading into this year (comes with the territory of being a Jets fan,) its quite another to repeatedly make ridiculous, outlandish and moronic comments not backed up by reality.

Because I hate the Jets and think they're over-rated, I'm a fool. Got it.

Anyone else?

I think its the stuff where you just make some sh*t up out of nowhere "The Jets had no significant injuries last year".

Then when confronted with evidence to the contrary you claim that everyone is attacking you and not your argument. Since you keep posting things that are not true, people have no choice to but to believe that you are either stupid or lying.

I think its the stuff where you just make some sh*t up out of nowhere "The Jets had no significant injuries last year".

Then when confronted with evidence to the contrary you claim that everyone is attacking you and not your argument. Since you keep posting things that are not true, people have no choice to but to believe that you are either stupid or lying.

The only one that I consider significant was the Damien Woody injury. Revis missed 3 games and you won all of them. The defense is scheme based and Rex has proven he's pretty damn good and plugging and producing. Jim Leonhard going out didn't derail anything, Kris Jenkins is always hurt and Sione Pouha was born because of that (if anything, it was a blessing.)

Ferguson, Mangold and Moore play every game. Now while that's a testament to their value as players, it also takes a bit of luck in this league to maintain that type of continuity.

So, to restate, the only significant injury the Jets suffered last year was Damien Woody.

From a Dolphins point a view, we lost our first and second string center to IR, our right tackle missed a big chunk, our right guard missed some time, our first two quarterbacks got hurt at different points, our top wideout missed two games, our second wideout missed five games, both of our middle linebackers missed time at the end of the year and our nickle corner was out all year.

I'm not complaining, just saying that when you compare the two in what could be considered a "chance event" (being injuries) it isn't close with the Jets and a lot of other teams.

And when you take the lack of depth the Jets have (and no one can argue this point, they beef up the top 20 and don't leave much for the bottom of the roster) if you guys had a laundry list like the one I just spelled out for Miami a year ago, your team would probably win 6 or 7 games.

Can you disagree with that?

The only one that I consider significant was the Damien Woody injury. Revis missed 3 games and you won all of them.

This is where I stopped reading.

Let me get this straight, you're saying that if a player gets hurt and misses a game but his team wins the game the injury is not significant, even if he is the best player on the team? So according to you, the Packers had no significant injuries last year?

Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?

The only one that I consider significant was the Damien Woody injury. Revis missed 3 games and you won all of them.

Ummm, Woody's backup played better than he did and Revis wasn't 100% until more than halfway through the season.

Jim Leonhard going out didn't derail anything

Are you friggin serious? Did you miss the 2nd Jets-Patriots game that happened 2 days after the injury? He's the QB of our secondary and calls all the signals for defense. OF COURSE THAT DERAILED US. That's the main reason we played such bad defense in that game.

So, to restate, the only significant injury the Jets suffered last year was Damien Woody.

So, to restate. You are wrong. Revis, Calvin Pace and Leonhard were all significant injuries. Your team might have been hurt worse by injuries, but such is the nature of the beast. Besides Revis is better than anyone on your roster, therfor its a bigger loss for us than your little piddlywink players.

This is where I stopped reading.

Let me get this straight, you're saying that if a player gets hurt and misses a game but his team wins the game the injury is not significant, even if he is the best player on the team? So according to you, the Packers had no significant injuries last year?

Tell me, what color is the sky in your world?

The Packers had like 15 plays on IR. They have (had) the most complete roster in the NFL. If the Jets had those injuries, they would've won 4 or 5 games. Your comparison holds no relevance whatsoever. And maybe Revis isn't as vaulable as you think he is. Great player, yeah, but he's a corner. He doesn't define wins and losses, especially in three games.

The Packers had like 15 plays on IR. They have (had) the most complete roster in the NFL. If the Jets had those injuries, they would've won 4 or 5 games. Your comparison holds no relevance whatsoever. And maybe Revis isn't as vaulable as you think he is. Great player, yeah, but he's a corner. He doesn't define wins and losses, especially in three games.

Wrong. You said that if the team wins the injury is insignificant. So the Packers injuries couldn't have been all that significant seeing as they won the Super Bowl, according to you.

This is based on your words.

And you actually have the nerve to ask why people think you are a fool.... :rolleyes:

And maybe Revis isn't as vaulable as you think he is. Great player, yeah, but he's a corner. He doesn't define wins and losses, especially in three games.

Yes he does lol. Our entire defense is built around his ability to excel in single coverage. Yes we won games without him, but yes our defense sucked during those games, the offense did really well. Wasn't the first Jets - Miami game like 35-28? It was extremely rare all season for our defense to give up more than 17 points.

Look. Bottom line is this. Compare the Jets amount of games missed by key players to other teams, it's very favorable in the Jets camp. That's my only point I'm trying to convey.

And clearly you are wrong. Just as you were about Chad Henne the Pro Bowl QB for the next 10 years.

• 2 months later...

Toni

This fan base needs to win this race wire to wire, let this season be a celebration from week 10 or 11 on!

#1 seed....nothing less!

Hope to see you all at the AFC championship game this year....Joe get the grill ready!

the party starts tonight......leave your dignity and car keys at the door!

http://profootballta...e-playoff-game/

In 2009 and 2010, the Jets had to navigate the road to the Super Bowl the hard way, as wild cards forced to win away from home.

Each year, the Jets won two playoff games on the road, with their Super Bowl quests derailed in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh, respectively.

This year, the Jets have a shot at winning the AFC East and earning the home playoff game that goes along with it. If they can continue to build upon their three-game winning streak, the Jets could earn a bye — and perhaps the top seed in the AFC field.

Tonight’s game against the Patriots (NBC, 8:20 p.m. ET) presents a great opportunity to move toward that outcome.

Coach Rex Ryan knows it, and he has shared it with his team. ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio reports that Ryan told the players, “We want a home playoff game.”

If they could get one, or two, and if they could win both, they could finally get back to the Super Bowl, for the first time since 1969. Given that the game will be played on the home field of the franchise the Jets unexpectedly toppled in Super Bowl III, that would definitely be more than enough to shut Joe Namath up, perhaps permanently.

Archived