9 Million of Cap Space and no backup QB

madmikeisback

how does anyone know we have 9M of free space? Speculation from people not in the organization? I'm just curious if there are hard FACTS showing we have 9M

Good point. I've heard 7 mil, 9 mil, and 10 mil. When Rex was asked about it the other day he said he didn't know. If the Jets re-work contracts behind the scenes it's not always announced. I think it's all guesswork at this point.

McElroy's played pretty well for a rookie QB in his first game, playing behind a swiss cheese offensive line.

+1

What did he have? About nine days of practice? No OTA's, mini-camps, rookie camps, etc. I thought he looked damn good out there. He won that game tonight, Wilkerson's college teammate lost it.

Kid got lit up on a few 3rd and longs, because Schotty decided not to run it, but other than that he showed some serious poise and had that game won if it weren't for an awful couple of drops. Doesn't have a strong arm, obviously, but he clearly has the ability to develop into a solid backup QB who can maintain a lead and not lose the game for ya, which is exactly what this defense wants out of a backup.

Archived