Rob Turner Broke His Leg

SoFlaJets

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you missed something?

Ducasse IS NOT the starting RT. Hunter is. That's why they resigned him in a multi-year deal.

Wayne Hunter in his 8th year? He was signed for his multiple OL position play, we will see how he plays out, but they need someone to step up (like Ducasse) and gel with the OL.

I was told 8 weeks was the healing time but I am not sure how that equates to actual football time. I will try to find out...

Manish tweet: I've been told that Rob Turner's is projected to be out 8-10 weeks. #Jets o-line depth takes a real hit

Wayne Hunter in his 8th year? He was signed for his multiple OL position play, we will see how he plays out, but they need someone to step up (like Ducasse) and gel with the OL.

Hunter STARTED all 3 playoff games at RT and is a solid starter.

The issue is that the Jets want Ducasse to be a top-shelf starter. The problem is, he doesn't look like an NFL player right now, let alone even approacing being a solid starter.

The Jets have absolutely no issue with their starting 5. Plus, there is not a single player available that will upgrade any of the 5 starter position.

Thus, I don't really see your point. Jets need to sign a backup because their starters are set.

1) Rex already said in a press conference that Hunter would be the starter... so he was signed to be a starter.

2) After Woody went down last year with the Achilles, Hunter was the starter down the stretch for us in the playoffs for us and played well.

Manish tweet: I've been told that Rob Turner's is projected to be out 8-10 weeks. #Jets o-line depth takes a real hit

Your so concerned about depth, it's extremely important at some positions. But you wouldn't be so concerned if the position was not being played by career backups to begin with.

Your so concerned about depth, it's extremely important at some positions. But you wouldn't be so concerned if the position was not being played by career backups to begin with.

holy crap-and I say this with all due respect because I don't know you but you really haven't been watching the game of football or following the Jets for too long have you?

Why not bring back Woody? IIRC he can back up center as well

This would seem to be the simple solution except for a few serious problems.

Woody wasn't exactly a gym rat, and probably weights about 420 right now.

If he were to come back he made it clear when the Jets made him a minimum vets offer before he retired, that he won't come back unless he is the starter, and paid like one. Not going to happen.

There you go. The fact that it's the first week of preseason that it happened is in a weird way a blessing in disguise, as 8 weeks from now is only early/mid October. They can't throw him on the PUP now, right? He has to be on from the start of camp? Either way, I'd say give him the month and see how it goes, no reason to rush to IR him if there's a chance he can contribute after just a few weeks into the season.

If he were to come back he made it clear when the Jets made him a minimum vets offer before he retired, that he won't come back unless he is the starter, and paid like one. Not going to happen.

Actually, Big Wood looks good, just saw him the other day(neighbor). Here is a video from the holdout. His injury is tough to recover from.

last night on Twitter Jets fans were begging him to come back after seeing Ducasse almost get both QBs killed and he tweeted back; "I'm retired"

I dont know about all this... yes hes technically going to be healed in 8 weeks... then he's gotta get back into football shape... it might wash out his whole year. Start him out on PUP i guess and see what happens.

I was originally thinking the same, but doesn't a player need to be on PUP from the start of camp? If not, PUP is definitely the way to go. Either way I certainly wouldn't rush him onto IR. Worst case scenario give him the month and see what his timeline is looking like and make a decision then.

There you go. The fact that it's the first week of preseason that it happened is in a weird way a blessing in disguise, as 8 weeks from now is only early/mid October. They can't throw him on the PUP now, right? He has to be on from the start of camp? Either way, I'd say give him the month and see how it goes, no reason to rush to IR him if there's a chance he can contribute after just a few weeks into the season.

A full 10 weeks means he only misses 6 games. Since the Jets' 7th game (10/23 against Chargers) is right before the bye, they could hold him out that week and have him come back after the bye.

In other words, I don't think there's anyway they IR for the full season unless they think he can't heal properly.

A full 10 weeks means he only misses 6 games. Since the Jets' 7th game (10/23 against Chargers) is right before the bye, they could hold him out that week and have him come back after the bye.

In other words, I don't think there's anyway they IR for the full season unless they think he can't heal properly.

Yep, thats good news.

This hurts, no doubt, but he's not a starter and what he's asked to do typically, I actually think Vlad can do. They love bringing him in to be the road grading TE almost. I think Vlad can probably run block just fine in a situation like that...just dont ask him to pass protect.

Either way, I'd expect who ever they bring in, to be able to fill in for what Turner does.

I honestly think Vlad is as dumb as a bag of hammers. It shows in his play. Anyone else notice that when he gets beat and allows a hit to the QB he quickly runs over to pickup the other guy that he wasnt assigned to like he wasnt even blocking the guy that kicked his a$$ in the first place? lol I've seen him do that last year and again last night. Yeah Vlad it wasnt you that got beat you were blocking the NT from your RT position :rolleyes:

With Ducasse still a question mark, and Turner out for an extended period of time, the Jets could look to bring in outside help along the line. Shaun O’Hara, the longtime Giants center, is one possible option, though the Jets had not reached out to him as of today, a person informed of the situation said. That person requested anonymity because the team has not commented on its interest level.

O’Hara, 34, could be looking for a starting job, though, rather than a backup position.

Other available players for depth at center and guard are former Giants guard Rich Seubert, former Raiders and Panthers guard/center Chris Morris and former Cardinals and Cowboys guard Leonard Davis.

With Ducasse still a question mark, and Turner out for an extended period of time, the Jets could look to bring in outside help along the line. Shaun O’Hara, the longtime Giants center, is one possible option, though the Jets had not reached out to him as of today, a person informed of the situation said. That person requested anonymity because the team has not commented on its interest level.

O’Hara, 34, could be looking for a starting job, though, rather than a backup position.

Other available players for depth at center and guard are former Giants guard Rich Seubert, former Raiders and Panthers guard/center Chris Morris and former Cardinals and Cowboys guard Leonard Davis.

I am expecting some announcement today VJ

Archived