Vince Wilfork

madmikeisback

He's as overrated as the rest of their scum franchise. If he really was one of the best NT in football, the cheating scum would've been better than 11th, 13th and 15th against the run the last 3 years. Jenkins was a much better player when healthy and Puoha even outplayed him last year too. NTM he's a dirty piece of sh*t who has tried to injure players many many times.

Could someone point me in the direction of the football forum? I seem to have stumbled into the special needs forum and can't seem to find the door back out.

Both his parents died while he was at school. Explain to me how he was going to support himself? I don’t begrudge him taking the money at all.

Exactly.

I hate the Pats, but I would 100% do what Wilfork did under similar circumstances, so I don't begrudge him.

Also, the NCAA is full of sh*t, eats sh*t, and dishes out sh*t.

It's ridiculous the amount of money these school make off the free labor of student athletes. A free tuition for a degree these athletes won't use is not equal compensation. Add the tough job market and it's worse.

Texas just signed a $300 million deal with ESPN to create their own network. The Texas football players that made this possible don't get a dime.

I agree with JiF's approach

This situation just blows that approach completely out of the water. Miami has been the definition of failure of institutional control literally as long as I can remember, and since it took until now to get around to actually nailing them for something the die is pretty much cast. At this point anything short of the death penalty is an affirmative step toward wholesale deregulation.

You nailed it about Miami. ESPN 30 for 30 even did a documentary on the U about it. Miami boosters have been paying players for about 30 yrs now.

Smc... Wilfork wasn't taking money to feed himself because his parents died. He was taking trips to the strip club, hookers on the yacht, etc.

Not saying I can blame him, but its not like he was taking cash so he could get by.

I hear you Brett, but so what?

If both my parents died 6 months apart, I'd want to go to the strip club and have hookers on a yacht, etc. to forget about my pain.

D1 College football and basketball is a joke. As some have pointed out the Schools and TV Networks make hundreds of millions of dollars off the athletes. This reminds me of the UNLV basketball scandal back in the day. Hookers, hot tubs, cars, cash, etc.

I'm disappointed that Wilfork got caught up in this but I'm not surprised. He lost his Dad in January of 2002 and his Mum in December the same year.

I'm 100% sure that Brandon Meriweather took full advantage of the "perks" in his time at the U!

Nothing to see here, happens a lot IMO. Sucks that guys are snitching on each other though.

Did you notice that the guys who are snitching never made it in the NFL/NBA?

I believe everything Nevin Shapiro said as Yahoo! Sports did a great job in requesting records and speaking with hundreds of people.

Does one really need a reason to want hookers on a yacht? If a buddy of mine said to me tomorrow totally out of the blue, "you know, I could really go for some hookers on a yacht today." My only response would be "yup, yup that makes a lot of sense."

That is the trouble with today's society! Nobody wants to find out what is really wrong deep down!

Archived